Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2019, 07:21 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,761,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I imagine not, but the balance sheet here might look better for it.
How about the body count in Israel (an ally), and US (when terrorists start using Afghanistan as a launching pad again)?

Besides, it wont make a dent in the balance sheets. We could reduce much of our military pretense around the world in places where we exist in just-in-case bases. We don't need to spend $750 billion on military every year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2019, 07:23 AM

4,443 posts, read 4,877,054 times
The Occupation of the American mind.

https://www.occupationmovie.org/

Old 04-24-2019, 07:24 AM

45,292 posts, read 26,549,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
How about the body count in Israel (an ally), and US (when terrorists start using Afghanistan as a launching pad again)?
Im pretty sure Israel can defend itself just fine. Anyway, not our cause.
Oh geez does that make me sound anti-Semitic by not wanting american dollars and lives involved in the the disputes of other countries?

You are free to mail a check or get out of your armchair and join a militia if you are really passionate about the cause.

Old 04-24-2019, 07:27 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,612,070 times
They don't have to care what the optics are so long as the United States sprinkles holy water on anything they do and lavishes them with $$$ and weapons and discount prices. (Sorry about the Catholic reference)

Old 04-24-2019, 07:29 AM

45,292 posts, read 26,549,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Thanks. I'm starting to track, and the most anti-Semitic and anti-Israel posts (they're not the same thing, but they often overlap) come from libertarians.
Im pro tax victim. Now get your hand off everyones wallet.

Old 04-24-2019, 07:29 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,672,440 times
Quote:
Yup...libertarian.

And yes, some countries are more worthy of U.S. aid than others. Part of voting is that we, as Americans, can express our opinion as to which countries those are.

I'm a moderate Dem and I agree with Frank. We should stop sending money and troops to other countries.

Old 04-24-2019, 07:32 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,708,255 times
Quote:
Yup...libertarian.

And yes, some countries are more worthy of U.S. aid than others. Part of voting is that we, as Americans, can express our opinion as to which countries those are.
Not in the democrat party. Its group think or you're outed as a racist etc...…….

Old 04-24-2019, 07:33 AM

4,443 posts, read 4,877,054 times
Quote:
And we should rely on the fair-minded opinions of the "objective" UN? You're funny.

(Also, are you Republican or Democrat?)

https://www.timesofisrael.com/us-qui...gainst-israel/
Neither, last two elections I voted for a Jewish American woman for POTUS named Jill Stein.
Although in the last primary I voted for a Jewish American man named Bernie Sanders in a open primary.
Looking at this years Democrat primary 2 of the 3 candidates I am considering to vote for (state I live in has open primary)
is a Jewish American man named Bernie Sanders along with a Jewish American woman named Marianne Williamson.
the third person I would consider voting for is Tulsi Gabbard who Is Hindu And I guess she would be considered an American Ocean Pacifier from Hawaii.

Last edited by ted08721; 04-24-2019 at 07:42 AM..

Old 04-24-2019, 07:35 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,532,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I'm a moderate Dem and I agree with Frank. We should stop sending money and troops to other countries.
So you would be opposed to sending aid, either troops or money, if say....a country decided to exterminate all blacks, or all Jews, or all gays, and was in the process of doing it? Just let them do it? Not our problem?

What would you do if you were walking by a child who was in the midst of squeezing the life out of a kitten? Shrug and think.....not my problem?

Old 04-24-2019, 07:38 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,532,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
Neither, last two elections I voted for a Jewish American woman for POTUS named Jill Stein.
Although in the last primary I voted for a Jewish American man named Bernie Sanders in a open primary.
Looking at this years Democrat primary 2 of the 3 candidates I am considering to vote for (state I live in has open primary)
is a Jewish American man named Bernie Sanders along with a Jewish American woman named Marianne Williamson.
What does that have to do with the U.N. being unfairly biased against Israel?

P.S. You answered my question, though. You're a Democrat biased against Israel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies