Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2019, 07:25 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Yes, you could. And way back in the day, I greatly admired Donald Trump.

And I was shocked and saddened when he turned out the way he did in the 2016 presidential campaign, and I actually thought it was satire. I thought he'd get up on the stage after the campaign and say WAKE UP AMERICANS, HOW COULD YOU VOTE FOR THE MORON I PRETENDED TO BE?

I actually thought that would happen. I thought his campaign was one big farce and he would take a bow and exit stage left, proving the American public to be the fools they turned out to be. Wakeup call.

'Parently it wasn't. How did the promising young man turn into such an unlikable destructive old man? Organic brain disease maybe?
He was equally unlikeable as a younger man.

How old was he when he took Marla on that family vacation?
Or paraded her around the NYC clubs for Page Six?

He totally bought into the 1980s attitude and lifestyle of excess, excess, excess.
It’s all he knows and it shows in his weight and other areas.

Who he is now is exactly who he was then, just on a massively larger scale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2019, 07:27 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
Wow. So sad he isnt so calm and even toned now. He lost his focus and demeanor somewhere.

That said, every thing he stated in that old interview I agreed with. Obviously filmed while 52 innocent Americans suffered 444 days of mistreatment under captivity by Islamist "students" in Iran, '79-'81, while Jimmy Carter wrung his hands.
That is so unfair to blame Carter for the act of Khomeini. Had a hothead been in office at the time, who knows how many lives would have been lost.

As it was, a military rescue WAS attempted, and 8 service men's lives were lost. How many more should have been sent? In the end, with Reagan's election, all were freed.

I think Carter showed the world the US could be patient, and not go to war over a humiliation. Not a bad vision of America. But then, of course, with Reagan's election it was clear that the Big Billy Goat is on the scene, and this hostage situation has to end, and safely.

Having a peaceful, humble servant in the White House now and again isn't a bad thing.

I do have a funny story about that time period. I was at Texas A&M during the Iran Hostage Crisis, and the Iranian Student Association decided to stage a flag burning in front of the Memorial Student Center. (Those who know A&M will back me up here, that's not a good idea). The Campus Police promised to attempt to protect the protestors, but made it clear they would likely be unable to hold the student body back with the Flag in flames. (Again, Aggies will agree with me that this would be a challenge).

I went up to the top of Rudder Tower with friends to watch the impending massacre from a window there. There was confusion as to who was supposed to bring the flag - in a few minutes, it became clear they didn't have one. (I think God stepped in here with that). After a few minutes of confusion, they decided to draw a US flag, and a spiral notebook was pulled out from a backpack and a page ripped out, and pens were assembled to hastily create a US flag on the notebook paper. Then they pulled out a bic lighter that didn't work very well and kept being snuffed out by the breeze. They may have eventually gotten the thing to light, I don't remember, but the crowd was dispersing and laughing.

And those who think the Corps Officer of the Day chasing an SMU cheerleader off Kyle Field with his saber drawn was violent, you shoulda seen what was about to happen this day, but thankfully didn't.

Old 04-28-2019, 05:44 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
c

I have said many times that Trump is not smart, but he is very cunning. I’m so curious about his childhood and how he was raised. The fact that he constantly seems to need a fight and the way he trashes anybody he doesn’t like or is afraid of is so odd to me. He’s not a decent person.
You have been brainwashed by Democrat controlled mainstream media. Read the Art of the Deal. Most people, especially the presstitutes, are too lazy. It's all there.

As for bankruptcies, most very successful people have had failures. In fact there was a book, probably more than one, written about that. What separates the successful from the losers is the losers put their tails between their legs and slink off. Successful people never give up. Look at Tiger Woods, for example. Trump admires people who never give up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwrWUlq7Xk4

Old 04-28-2019, 06:11 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,010,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
That interview looks like it took place in heaven.
Visually stunning.
Someone like you would say this....

Old 04-29-2019, 03:21 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Very handsome back then.

Old 04-29-2019, 04:43 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,795 times
He has always loved and respected America. He has given up much to in order to serve Her. God bless our President.

Old 04-29-2019, 06:57 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
Wow. So sad he isnt so calm and even toned now. He lost his focus and demeanor somewhere.

That said, every thing he stated in that old interview I agreed with. Obviously filmed while 52 innocent Americans suffered 444 days of mistreatment under captivity by Islamist "students" in Iran, '79-'81, while Jimmy Carter wrung his hands.
There was a rescue attempt that tragically failed. Far be it from me to defend Carter, but I think he did try to get them out.

Old 04-29-2019, 08:38 AM

10,531 posts, read 6,165,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Kind people age well.

Ever noticed that?

No one aged as well as Jane Goodall.

YES!

Look at Kellyanne Conway. I was shocked to learn she is only 51. I though she was much, much older.

Old 04-29-2019, 09:21 AM

6,737 posts, read 4,419,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
That interview looks like it took place in heaven.
Visually stunning.

Now play one of his most recent videos. Like when he " fell in love with Kim jong Un " Something went wrong along the way.

Old 04-29-2019, 09:47 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,866,725 times
He was right about being President Of The United States, the challenges are not like those of another average desk job and it's certainly not for everyone and I can't blame him for being uncomfortable about running for President. This was 38 and a half years ago and he took that challenge 36 years later and I admire him for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies