Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2019, 07:29 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
OK--- Obama likes kids and seems like a decent fellow. Doesn't mean he had any clue about how to run the country.
In context.....

Obama was a loving father who is absolutely comfortable with children. Trump isn't. That's a fair point and a valid point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2019, 07:30 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
Well, I never, did you ever see the like in all your life, my lands, what an awful, OMG, I can't believe it, TRUMP SAID SOMETHING! Please pass the smelling salts!

So many snowflakes in this thread, we're having a blizzard in April!
That explains why it's been snowing for hours in Chicago. Thanks, Don.

Old 04-27-2019, 07:31 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,188,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Trump's unconventional demeanor is the best thing about him. He has governed as too much of a conventional Republican for my tastes. I wanted him to be more populist/nationalist. Yet his combative personality type and ability to make Democrats angry is so refreshing to me that I will proudly vote for him again.
He is a disruptor, that's for sure. He's been good for Democrats and RINOs alike, anger is a higher emotional state than where they were at before, where they were all covert slimy smiles and then stab in the back, now they're out front with their emotions, so he's made life better for them.

Old 04-27-2019, 07:35 PM

528 posts, read 227,535 times
You can hate Trump and admit the press has been horrible to him.

Old 04-27-2019, 07:40 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
It was an awkward speech to be sure, but on the plus side, he didn't call their parents "enemies of the people," didn't go on about the size of his inaugural crowd, and didn't try to lead the children in a "lock her up" chant.

Could have been worse.

Old 04-27-2019, 07:40 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,402,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
What a moron. Saying he likes the kids more than their parents.
At least he is thinking of the kids.

Old 04-27-2019, 07:41 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merriman80 View Post
You can hate Trump and admit the press has been horrible to him.
Only if you are:

1) sane
2) objective

Old 04-27-2019, 07:42 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,188,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
That explains why it's been snowing for hours in Chicago. Thanks, Don.
Holy Cow, is it STILL coming down up there?

Old 04-27-2019, 07:45 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,926,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Not his best speech and not his funniest lines but who cares. In case you haven't figured it out, we are doing things differently in Washington DC now. We tried it the establishment's way for 50 years, and all we got to show for it was 22 Trillion of debt, half the country on welfare, illegal immigration running WILD, and a whole lot of middle eastern wars. I'll stick with Trump.
That is Trump's national debt you know. He increased it.

The national debt did indeed skyrocket under Obama. Ten years ago, the United States owed only $10.6 trillion, but the government decided that the financial crisis necessitated increased spending, causing the debt to balloon. Republicans were critical, and during the 2016 campaign Trump promised he would eliminate the debt “over a period of eight years.” This isn’t going to happen. Despite inheriting a healthy economy, the debt has risen by over $2 trillion since Trump took office, thanks to the $1.5 trillion tax cut for the rich Congress passed in the fall of 2017, as well as exorbitant defense spending. Last summer, the Congressional Budget Office noted in a report that, at 78 percent, the ratio of the debt to the GDP was at its highest level since World War II. The office said in January that it estimates the number will rise to 93 percent by 2030, barring changes in federal law.

Also, half of the American people are not on welfare. The percentage is about 25% at most and that includes Medicaid as well as food stamps and some people receive both.

Old 04-27-2019, 07:55 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
I can't voluntarily listen to that man speak, so I'll pass on this one, but was it as bad a speech as the one he gave to the Boy Scouts national convention? That speech was incredible in not knowing your audience, or rather, being so oblivious to your audience that it beggars belief.

This man is President of the United States, and has an extremely tenuous grasp on reality, which is far more troubling than his rambling and incoherent speaking style.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies