Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2019, 06:31 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Birther Trump trolled Obama for years over his birth certificate but the grifter hides EVERYTHING. Trump and his likewise grifter family are stinking filthy rotten dirty with criminality.
For a guy that claims to be innocent, he sure is trying VERY HARD to keep people from looking into anything.

Old 04-30-2019, 06:33 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Birther Trump trolled Obama for years over his birth certificate but the grifter hides EVERYTHING. Trump and his likewise grifter family are stinking filthy rotten dirty with criminality.
Trump needs to cut a deal to walk away from this Presidency with as little damage to himself, his family, and the nation, as possible. You are right, he was like a pit bull, nagging Obama for years about his birth certificate, and now he is afraid to come clean with his own information.

But , this is classic Donald Trump. He calls everyone else out for things, but when it comes to him, everything is off limits. His constant line is " I will release my _______ when so and so releases ________." and then he finds some other lame excuse to weasel out of it.

What would be best for the country would be for Trump to say to Congress , "Ok, here's the deal. You drop all investigations against me, render me prosecution proof in the future, and I will quickly leave and turn the reigns over to Mike Pence." He could go back to cheating and scamming people in the real estate business, the country could begin to heal, and it would save a lot of time, money, and pain for everyone.

But he is too dumb and too proud to ever accept that kind of deal.

Old 04-30-2019, 06:35 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
If Trump's financial dealings are perfectly legal as demonstrated by having never been charged before, then there should be no problem with Congress looking at financial documents.

Every Trump supporter in America knows this LOL.

but they love their guy and have accepted the fact that Teump is a scumbag. Why? Because most Trump supporters LOVE the fact that Donald is a racist and bigot, the first politician in a long time to be so blatant with his intolerance and hatred. so Teump voters look the other with all the questionable crap he does because they love how Donny "tells it like it is."

Old 04-30-2019, 06:37 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,946,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
For a guy that claims to be innocent, he sure is trying VERY HARD to keep people from looking into anything.

Is is hiding something or is goading the Democrats into doubling down on their abuse of process ???

Old 04-30-2019, 06:38 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
It seems to be that come to base lives my the motto “ ignorance is bliss” they would rather not know if he’s guilty or not. If I voted for someone and they under investigation for collusion, etc. I would want to know.

Trump supporters seem just the opposite.

Old 04-30-2019, 06:44 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Trump is a reality TV performer, President of the United States, and a man who was so desperate for publicity that he used to call reporters using a fake name to get them to publish information about himself including how much money he had.

Now he wants privacy? Really?

Seems strange.

Old 04-30-2019, 06:44 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Trump sues Deutsche Bank, Capital One to block House subpoenas
How can a sitting president continue to defy the Congress and get away with it? Its almost as if checks and balances have been done away with.

Old 04-30-2019, 06:59 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,946,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
How can a sitting president continue to defy the Congress and get away with it? Its almost as if checks and balances have been done away with.
How melodramatic!

The courts are the proper place for a president to put a check on a rogue Congress.

Democrats in Congress are under the mistaken impression that they are allowed to conduct Wisconsin style John Doe raids... on steroids.

Old 04-30-2019, 07:00 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Trump needs to cut a deal to walk away from this Presidency with as little damage to himself, his family, and the nation, as possible. You are right, he was like a pit bull, nagging Obama for years about his birth certificate, and now he is afraid to come clean with his own information.

But , this is classic Donald Trump. He calls everyone else out for things, but when it comes to him, everything is off limits. His constant line is " I will release my _______ when so and so releases ________." and then he finds some other lame excuse to weasel out of it.

What would be best for the country would be for Trump to say to Congress , "Ok, here's the deal. You drop all investigations against me, render me prosecution proof in the future, and I will quickly leave and turn the reigns over to Mike Pence." He could go back to cheating and scamming people in the real estate business, the country could begin to heal, and it would save a lot of time, money, and pain for everyone.

But he is too dumb and too proud to ever accept that kind of deal.
He can't.

Neither can Congress.

For the last several decades, Trump's real estate developments have run on questionable-at-best sources of financing. Now that these are on the radar, where does he go to get funding?

His "wealth" consists of investment/overhead intensive golf courses, resorts, and condo developments. According to tax records, the only ones turning a profit according are the handful that he visits regularly -- Mar-a-Lago. the DC hotel, and the golf courses he frequents.

Aside from the Secret Service payments ending, who is going to pay $200K/year to rub elbows with an old has-been con man? Even Chinese spies will find more productive pursuits.

Congress can't. First of all, they have no authority over state charges. Second, if they let Trump off the hook, what's to prevent the next Republican president from pulling the same scam?

But maybe more important, we all need to see if the Constitution will stand.

And if we'll stand behind it.

Old 04-30-2019, 07:06 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
How melodramatic!

The courts are the proper place for a president to put a check on a rogue Congress.

Democrats in Congress are under the mistaken impression that they are allowed to conduct Wisconsin style John Doe raids... on steroids.

And, should not our Congress be able to put a check on a rogue President, who has shown he has no respect for the Constitution or the law ? Who else is there to make sure that the man who leads this country is clean and honorable ?

You all had no problem with Congress going after Nixon, or Clinton. Why the outcry now ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies