Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2019, 10:19 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,559,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Yeah, just give him some $$$ so he can hide behind it, cheat others and run away from everything for his entire life.

Undoubtedly.

And somehow, this filth was allowed to run for and cheat his way into becoming president.
The only requirements for running for President are being at least 35 years old on Inauguration Day, and being a Natural Born Citizen.

Old 05-01-2019, 10:23 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,920,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
IRS hasn't said anything but Mueller report didn't work so let's try this.
You dodged the question. I asked, so you think records you disclosed to the government are private? I ask again, so you think records you disclosed to the government are private?

Old 05-01-2019, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Does not say much for the USA that this was aloud to unfold but Trump is a symptom of all the corruption that came before and enabled this. Mitch McConnel is a traitor whose corporate wet dream was to pack the courts....

Ring a bell? Remember when did McConnell said he wanted to make Obama a ‘one-term president’?
The same two requirements (age, and being a Natural Born Citizen) were in place for Presidents that you liked as well.

If you're response is that you haven't liked/approved of any Presidents...then why stay here? You'd probably be happier in another country.

Old 05-01-2019, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Trump needs to cut a deal to walk away from this Presidency with as little damage to himself, his family, and the nation, as possible. You are right, he was like a pit bull, nagging Obama for years about his birth certificate, and now he is afraid to come clean with his own information.

But , this is classic Donald Trump. He calls everyone else out for things, but when it comes to him, everything is off limits. His constant line is " I will release my _______ when so and so releases ________." and then he finds some other lame excuse to weasel out of it.

What would be best for the country would be for Trump to say to Congress , "Ok, here's the deal. You drop all investigations against me, render me prosecution proof in the future, and I will quickly leave and turn the reigns over to Mike Pence." He could go back to cheating and scamming people in the real estate business, the country could begin to heal, and it would save a lot of time, money, and pain for everyone.

But he is too dumb and too proud to ever accept that kind of deal.
That wouldn't be worth it for Trump because Congress can't probibit the State of New York from prosecuting, and the New York State AG was elected promising to go after Trump.

Old 05-01-2019, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
The problem with stuff like this is that it sets a precident. EVerything he's doing now may seem cute if you're on his side, but imagine a future President openly defying congressional oversight... only this time it's one you don't like.

So even if you believe Trump is not guilty of anything, what happens if one day a future President IS guilty of something, but we can't investigate it because they refuse to be questioned or allow their staff to be questioned, and use Trump as the reason they are allowed to defy oversight?

This is not a great thing.
If Barr is going to answer questions in the House, he wants the Reps themselves asking the questions, not staff members who have little to lose if they are 'caught flat footed'.

Seems to be unacceptable to House members.

Barr may end up being held in contempt of Congress.

Unprecedented...and he's a Republican.

Oh wait....it wouldn't be unprecedented. Attorney General Eric Holder, a Democrat, was held in contempt of Congress.

Old 05-01-2019, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
The guy has obviously filed his taxes for years, and as far as I know has no issues with the IRS... right?

What is the leftist theory on how he has avoided tax problems up until now? Did Putin seize control of the IRS to protect Trump???

What could possibly be in someone’s tax return that exposes them as a grifter and/or con man? Turbo Tax never asked me if I was either of these things so idk.
LOL.

Old 05-01-2019, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
You might be rite to some small degree but
the people I know that voted for Trump are indeed racist , regular
run of the mill people racist that love Trump saying it as it is, what in the ever loving hell "it" is.
So yes I don't think it is wrong of democrats to think of his voters in that way.
Then why do you associate with them ?

Old 05-01-2019, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Yes he did, he hound Obama and try to publicly shamed him into showing his birth certificate, and it worked. Now he is being harassed to show his goods, and all you get is pushback after pushback. And he takes out a lawsuit to block his information from going before congress, then there must be some really incriminating things in there. So, I guess having the same thing done to him, like he did Obama doesn't feel good.
Nah. Obama was trolling Trump. That's why Obama waited the length of time he did before releasing his long form record.

Old 05-01-2019, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
The fact that a notorious skinflint is willing to spend vast amounts of capital (both political and monetary) on desperately fighting disclosure of his financial records should inform you that whatever is in there is materially damaging. Bury your heads in the sand if you want, but I believe in transparency when it comes to our political leaders. The public has a right to be informed.
I don't know if the earlier poster is correct, but a poster earlier in this thread stated that that we (the taxpayers) are paying for Trump's attempt to stop this release.

Old 05-02-2019, 06:36 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,403,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Then why do you associate with them ?
Just because I know them doesn't mean I spend every day with
these people nor am close friends with them. Basically in life one has to be able to
get along with everyone , do you think you might know some racist people that
you still have to interact with?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies