Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2019, 08:45 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,408,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
This is the exact and dead wrong opinions of the Dem base that will make them lose AGAIN in 2020.

Small suggestion: Understand your enemy as they mostly are. Yes there are some on the fringe that meet the racist description, but for the vast majority, this is the exact intellectual dissonance that is going to make Dems lose AGAIN. Dems want to believe the quoted nonsense. For most Reps, it is not true.
You might be rite to some small degree but
the people I know that voted for Trump are indeed racist , regular
run of the mill people racist that love Trump saying it as it is, what in the ever loving hell "it" is.
So yes I don't think it is wrong of democrats to think of his voters in that way.

Old 04-30-2019, 08:47 AM

19,718 posts, read 16,901,497 times
Some leaders bring out the best in people. Trump brings out the worst. His words dig into the depths of what a lot of people hide from the rest of the world......their bigotry, their hatred, and their desire to make America comprised of only people who look and think like they do. They pretend to be these nice people, people who are accepting of others, but their slips are showing now, and Trump has capitalized on those deep seated feelings.

Trump has exposed the underbelly of America, and it ain't pretty.

Old 04-30-2019, 08:57 AM

1,727 posts, read 818,213 times
Do you not think there are a bunch of competitors, domestic and foreign who wouldn't love to get their hands on all of Trump's financial data? Maybe that is who is pushing this, through their democratic "partners".

If I was in a competitive business I wouldn't want all that priatorial info out there either, and you wouldn't either if given the option.

Old 04-30-2019, 08:58 AM

8,063 posts, read 3,960,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
You might be rite to some small degree but
the people I know that voted for Trump are indeed racist , regular
run of the mill people racist that love Trump saying it as it is, what in the ever loving hell "it" is.
So yes I don't think it is wrong of democrats to think of his voters in that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Some leaders bring out the best in people. Trump brings out the worst. His words dig into the depths of what a lot of people hide from the rest of the world......their bigotry, their hatred, and their desire to make America comprised of only people who look and think like they do. They pretend to be these nice people, people who are accepting of others, but their slips are showing now, and Trump has capitalized on those deep seated feelings.

Trump has exposed the underbelly of America, and it ain't pretty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by remsleep View Post
It is like the kid said in the movie Sixth Sense. Trump fans are racists but they don't know they are racists.

I sincerely hope you are successful in getting this sentiment installed as a plank in the Democratic platform in 2020!!!

Old 04-30-2019, 09:26 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,619,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
There was no law for making tax returns public when he was elected. Should they want to change the law, they need to do it for future presidents.

Making it a requirement for the current president is very bad ex post facto law making.

Im not a fan of Trump. Abiding ex post facto is important.
You are correct but it sure makes Crooked Trump look Crooked.

Old 04-30-2019, 10:04 AM

37,313 posts, read 60,014,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
Cheat? Trump did not steal the GOP nomination and win the election. Hillary was the one who stole her party's nomination with a fixed primary.
There is plenty of evidence Trump stole the election
But just like people who are color blind don’t make good artists, Trump supporters aren’t capable of taking in the evidence of Trump’s malfeasance...

Old 04-30-2019, 10:11 AM

37,313 posts, read 60,014,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdriver74 View Post
Do you not think there are a bunch of competitors, domestic and foreign who wouldn't love to get their hands on all of Trump's financial data? Maybe that is who is pushing this, through their democratic "partners".

If I was in a competitive business I wouldn't want all that priatorial info out there either, and you wouldn't either if given the option.
That isn’t why Trump is trying to stop the information dispersal
There is nothing in his tax info or loan info that is proprietorial—just inculpatory...

Old 04-30-2019, 10:18 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,529,183 times
Trump is going to stall this until 2020 and if he loses the election, he will tour the country saying he was cheated.

This is his intimidation game and I doubt that it will work on Congress.

BTW your tax $ are paying for his lawsuits.

Old 04-30-2019, 10:41 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,103,788 times
Wow. Deutsche Bank has gathered a TON of Trump's financial information and was planning on handing over to the federal govt

https://twitter.com/davidenrich/stat...48717576228865

Old 04-30-2019, 10:44 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,296,458 times
I would hate if my bank would start releasing my personal information to anyone that asked for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies