Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2019, 12:25 PM

45,675 posts, read 24,136,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Excuse me but why target the GOP - democrats are more divided than they've ever been over these issues because some go to extremes. I'm not a Republican but I'm more conservative in my views as a Kennedy Democrat and don't believe that everyone deserves everything for nothing despite their race or religion. Those who oppose Trump fail to see their own party is disintegrating.

You all laughed at how many Presidential contenders there were for the Republican party the last go round - but so far the Democrats have got them beat because there is such a wide divide in the party.

Please quit blaming Republicans for the mistakes made by Democrats - be adult enough to say - hey we scr*wed up and take responsibility - but no one in the Democrat party will.
Yes I laughed at the Republican field -- and now I laugh at the Democrat field -- it is crazy 24 people --lol.

It is early though. We should see folks start to drop off -- they might be throwing in their name to get their name out there for the future.

But it is hilarious.

Old 05-02-2019, 12:28 PM

30,264 posts, read 18,817,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I had a really good friend who was a Republican....she believed that Obama getting the nomination gave blacks a chip on their shoulder and that they all got attitude (her words not mine). I had never heard anything so racist in all my life. I was so stunned....I think I mumbled I hadn't noticed.

In my friend's mind -- just him being nominated created a divide. I didn't see it..but she did. (I honestly didn't think he was going to win so I wasn't anti-Obama or pro-Obama yet - I hadn't gotten my citizenship and was not ready to commit -- so this isn't about being a Democrat).

But in her mind -- that day -- the world changed. She saw everything as black vs. white...and she blamed Obama for it.

I suspect that there are folks on the left like that -- they believe that everything Trump does divides this country.

Don't you remember all the people who thought that Obama was going to pay their rent, food, and cell phone bills? They were interviewed all over the net following the election.

There really was a segment of the population that thought that their ship had come in.

Many people look at elections as a big handout for what the feds can give them. Racists like Farakahn and Sharpton become more vocal with outrageous demands.

Obama ignored the criminal activity of black lives matter and failed to send in the National Guard in Baltimore.

Obama inserted himself in local police matters involving blacks, but not whites.

Old 05-02-2019, 12:28 PM

32,860 posts, read 19,571,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
I sat with a hard-right character this morning and really don't understand why she said that? How could she not see that Trump has divided the Country much worse? You'd have to be blind not to see it, imo.
the country has been becoming more divided over the last 20ish years

bush divided the country...liberals claimed he stole the election
Obama divided the country big time.... his constant lies and spins... most transparent admin..lie...Travon could have been my son-spin...beer summit because the police overacted..spin/lie...raise the tax on the rich, and rich is any household making 200k- big spin/lie..... instead of calling terrorism (like the ft Hood shooting) terrorism, spinning it to "workplace violence"...big spin/lie.......how about obozo lying about fast and furious..he said it started under bush...to divide the country...f&f started in 09....another Obama lie that divided the country....... or the greatest divide..."you didn't build that, I (Obama) did that"

Obama made this country divided more than any previous POTUS and way more than the division that comes from trump... divided between dem/lib-vs- rep/con.....divided between rich-vs-middleclass-vs-poor....divided us between ethnic groups....divided us between 'militarized police' and the everyday in armed citizen

why are you so blind not to see the division that Obozo expanded and made this country a worse place to try to survive in

Last edited by workingclasshero; 05-02-2019 at 12:39 PM..

Old 05-02-2019, 12:30 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,545,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
I sat with a hard-right character this morning and really don't understand why she said that? How could she not see that Trump has divided the Country much worse? You'd have to be blind not to see it, imo.

Here are a few examples

- Fast and Furious scandal
- IRS scandal
- Benghazi attack scandal
- VA scandal
- Clinton foundation while she was state secretary scandal
- Drone strike scandal
- Heathcare.gov scandal
- Bergdahl exchange scandal
- Snowden scandal
- Obamacare scandal
- Pardoning of drug criminals scandal
- Trayvon Martin speech scandal
- Anti-government Chicago pastor scandal
- Anti-cop rhetoric scandal
- Henry Gates scandal
- Executive orders scandal

"You have a business. You didn't build that. Someone else did!" ~Barack Obama (Quoted 2012)

The evidence is clear for all except for the blind, deaf and stupid.

Old 05-02-2019, 12:30 PM

18,480 posts, read 7,140,811 times
Obama didn't do it alone.

He had willing partners in the media and Congressional Dems along with the garden variety SJW bloggers, college students etc.

Any opportunity to call anyone who disagreed with the Left's agenda a racist was never missed.

He basically used the color of his skin as a political weapon......both offensive and defensive.

Old 05-02-2019, 12:33 PM

2,918 posts, read 1,905,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Here are a few examples

- IRS scandal
- VA scandal
- Drone strike scandal
- Heathcare.gov scandal
- Snowden scandal
- Obamacare scandal
- Henry Gates scandal

"You have a business. You didn't build that. Someone else did!" ~Barack Obama (Quoted 2012)

I forgot about done of them. There were so many actual scandals to keep track of

Remember this gem?

https://insider.foxnews.com/2016/08/...t-we-bring-gun

Imagine if Trump's exact words were this Obama quote the media would lose their minds. It's a terrible double standard

Old 05-02-2019, 12:34 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,739,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I had a really good friend who was a Republican....she believed that Obama getting the nomination gave blacks a chip on their shoulder and that they all got attitude (her words not mine). I had never heard anything so racist in all my life. I was so stunned....I think I mumbled I hadn't noticed.

In my friend's mind -- just him being nominated created a divide. I didn't see it..but she did. (I honestly didn't think he was going to win so I wasn't anti-Obama or pro-Obama yet - I hadn't gotten my citizenship and was not ready to commit -- so this isn't about being a Democrat).

But in her mind -- that day -- the world changed. She saw everything as black vs. white...and she blamed Obama for it.

I suspect that there are folks on the left like that -- they believe that everything Trump does divides this country.
Very sad. I agree because I saw it come out of my progressive brother-in-law’s mouth when Obama was battling HRC in the Texas primary. He urged me to vote for Hillary because the blacks would take over. I had NEVER heard that from him EVER. I think that the Trump reign has changed him since we’ve never seen somebody so utterly bad. The trouble that Ibama had was that EVERYTHING was viewed through a racial lens from the righties.

Old 05-02-2019, 12:34 PM

2,492 posts, read 1,440,018 times
If Obuma had done a good job the country would not have supported Trump. He won because of the do nothing democrats,,,,and ,,,,,,,,,,,,HE IS GOING TO WIN AGAIN....

Old 05-02-2019, 12:37 PM

45,675 posts, read 24,136,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Don't you remember all the people who thought that Obama was going to pay their rent, food, and cell phone bills? They were interviewed all over the net following the election.

There really was a segment of the population that thought that their ship had come in.

Many people look at elections as a big handout for what the feds can give them. Racists like Farakahn and Sharpton become more vocal with outrageous demands.

Obama ignored the criminal activity of black lives matter and failed to send in the National Guard in Baltimore.

Obama inserted himself in local police matters involving blacks, but not whites.

My point -- which you clearly missed completely -- was the day he was NOMINATED to run for President. He was not yet President and she had already decided there was division. Nothing had changed.......but because she saw him a certain way she chose then - from that day on -- to see things a certain way.

That's the point.

I wasn't debating how Obama may have divided during his Presidency -- that's not my point.

My post was about showing bias and how it changes how we see things.

Hard right and hard left see what they want to see.

Old 05-02-2019, 12:39 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,739,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Here are a few examples

- IRS scandal
- VA scandal
- Drone strike scandal
- Heathcare.gov scandal
- Snowden scandal
- Obamacare scandal
- Henry Gates scandal

That quote is usually taken out of context. I think that ObamA’s speech writer was terrible not to get that that would be misconstrued and ridiculed. IMO, Obama was basically trying to say that infrastructure cost and valuable tax benefits for businesses HELPED to build those businesses. His poor wording was unfortunate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies