Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2019, 01:50 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,598,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
1. Supporting Black Lives Matter riots
He didn't support the riots. Please document.

Quote:
2. Doing nothing over the race riots in Baltimore
What was Obama supposed to do? It's a city issue first, then a State issue possibly. The Governor activated the National Guard, as was his purview.

Quote:
3. Having many members of the Muslim Brotherhood in the White House
What are you talking about? Obama pushed to have them named a terrorist group. Where do you get this stuff from? Alex Jones?

Quote:
4. Intervening in local police matters that involved blacks, not whites
Please document.

Quote:
5. Supporting "Clock-med"- it turns out it was a scam
What the heck is "Clock-med"?????

Quote:
6. Support of sanctuary cities
Ahhh... no.
https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...-cities-219754

Where do you get this stuff from? Rush?

Quote:
7. Lack of enforcement of immigration laws
Ahh... no. Where do you get this stuff from? Fox News??

Quote:
8. Ignoring traditional allies like Israel
Ahh... no. Where do you get this stuff from? Trump?

Quote:
9. Using "stimulus" funds predominantly in blue districts
Document please

Quote:
10. Two far left Supreme Court Justices
Yeah, and Trump put in two extreme right wing ones. I suppose your just A-OK with that?

Quote:
11. Known Association with reverend Wright
Trump associates with the racist Franklin Graham. I suppose your just A-OK with that?

Quote:
12. Association with Farakhan and Sharpton- two vehement racists
Farakhan? Nope. He's met Sharpton. So?

Old 05-02-2019, 01:53 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,752,781 times
Good question!

Old 05-02-2019, 01:55 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
Answer: Because he was black.
Period.

I mean, we could get into nuances and say that a lot of people don't like the well educated and stuff like that, but it really doesn't make sense.

Let's leave it at 80% due to "black".

Old 05-02-2019, 01:58 PM

30,072 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
My point -- which you clearly missed completely -- was the day he was NOMINATED to run for President. He was not yet President and she had already decided there was division. Nothing had changed.......but because she saw him a certain way she chose then - from that day on -- to see things a certain way.

That's the point.

I wasn't debating how Obama may have divided during his Presidency -- that's not my point.

My post was about showing bias and how it changes how we see things.

Hard right and hard left see what they want to see.

Okay-

I didn't vote for him, but actually thought at the beginning he might be a fair POTUS. I was completely wrong.

Obama was one of the most partisan, divisive presidents in US history. He clearly had an anti-white agenda and supported policies that completely screwed conservative states.

Old 05-02-2019, 01:58 PM

2,899 posts, read 1,872,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Period.

I mean, we could get into nuances and say that a lot of people don't like the well educated and stuff like that, but it really doesn't make sense.

Lol

Thanks for coming in at the perfect time to remind everyone that criticism of Obama defaults you to a racist.

Old 05-02-2019, 02:04 PM

30,072 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Period.

What a bunch of crap.

EVERY conservative would support a black conservative candidate who had policies we can support.

The excuse of racism is s convenient excuse when people didn't agree with Obama's policies. It was not because they were ineffective or poorly conducted, it was "because he was black".

One would expect this excuse from a dem, as it is the party of victims.

One can never question the policy of a lib, otherwise one is a "racist", "homophobe", or "mysoginist", not one of a different opinion.

Don't you realize that those are the tactics of totalitarians?

Old 05-02-2019, 02:13 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,054,327 times
Obama is part of the division, but he sure didn't start the division. America has been divided for years. Sometidmes as a nation when the economy was great in suburbia in the 80s, and when cities began to bloom again, and suburbs were still great in the 90s. America brushed our division under the rug, even though the division was still there. What caused the division over the past decades was the 2008 recession which opened up class divisions, and to some extent racial ones to which showed blacks were more affected by the recession than whites. You have the September 11 attacks which changed immigration in this country, than you have he war against Iraq which pitted globalists against nationalists and pre early sjws. Than you have the Tea party movements, and the Occupy movements. Obama was part of the division. Even though he invited black lives matter into the white house. What has Obama done for black America instead of bashing young black men? Obama may have spoken up for Trayvon Martin, but he did not speak up for other black men killed by the hands of government agents. Zimmerman was not a government agent, but a civilian. He was not anti Israeli. Obama give Israel billions of dollars before he left office.

All I hope for the economy to become well again in which Americans of all walks of life can enjoy the benefits of fruits of labor and have a secure retirement, and provide future security for their offspring. Sadly this is not the case for millions and millions of Americans regardless of race and to a great degree class or educational attainment. Something must be done. If the economy can fully improve. We as a society don't have to worry about angry alt-right white men, or angry woke pro blacks, feminists of all sorts, SJWs, white racists and so forth. If the economy was better, everyone would be worried about themselves and looking forward to tomorrow, instead of putting blame and being a victim when things are done,(this goes for all sides of the left right paradigm). Social Media, and Mainstream media now is causing the division to grow even further do to choosing sides and positions of echo chambers for clicks rating and add revenue. Also their is a lot of division on our liberal college campuses. Liberal college campuses are anti free speech and for political correctness and for protecting black, brown, LGBTQ and Muslims. However how can SJW on the college campus protect black people from white people, when black people kill each other. How can the college educated SJW protect gay people from HIV/Aids. How can they protect Muslims with different viewpoints in which some muslims belive in the killing of gay people, killing of Christians and other religious sect including those who are black brown and gay? How can you protect illegal immigrants, when illegal immigrants kill gay people, and kill black and brown people. Their was an America where Actions Speak Louder Than Words, and not an America where Words Speak Louder Than Actions.

As for me. I only voted for Obama in 2008 due to the dire economic straits this country was in. I did not vote for Obama again in 2012. I sat that election out because I was disappointed with Obama with his actions as president.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 05-02-2019 at 02:48 PM..

Old 05-02-2019, 02:16 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,427,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
I sat with a hard-right character this morning and really don't understand why she said that? How could she not see that Trump has divided the Country much worse? You'd have to be blind not to see it, imo.
It's a deflection and delusion that they want you to believe in comparison to the Kremlin president that currently holds office. GW Bush was a better president than Trump. That says a lot.

Old 05-02-2019, 02:22 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
I sat with a hard-right character this morning and really don't understand why she said that? How could she not see that Trump has divided the Country much worse? You'd have to be blind not to see it, imo.
Have you even realized your views are just opinions and not fact. She feels the way she does which does not mean she is wrong: you feel the way you do which doesn't make you wrong. There are many ways to divide something. Apparently you only see one side of the picture.

I can think of a lot of reasons she feels the way she does. Off the top of my head; how come we had very few if any rioting for many years until Obama entered the picture?

Old 05-02-2019, 02:37 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,567,820 times
Quote:
You didn't build these questions. The government did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies