Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 12:14 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,931,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
"Location: The Heart of Dixie"

Where you live, how many Black voters actually were able to access the ballot box in 2016? Just curious.
There was no evidence of voter suppression at all despite your stereotypes. Though we do have to shown a valid, unexpired ID to vote so I guess some illegal aliens and dead people were suppressed but there is no reason for any blacks do not have an ID.

Blacks actually run the local government in New Orleans and Shreveport and have a lot of power in Baton Rouge city limits though not dominant. But the Republican share of the white population is so large (and many Asian Americans and Hispanic here are conservative as well) is so large that even if every single registered black voter went and voted, Trump would still have won this state.

But in every jurisdiction where blacks are less than 40% of the population, Trump won handily. And white suburbanites are the most conservative demographic here, even more than white rednecks. And many white people here ARE proud of their immigrant heritage (French, Italian, Irish and German most common) and see illegals today as totally different and are not opposed to immigration in general, and just believe we need to be careful who comes here and how they come here.

Old 05-08-2019, 03:06 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
There was no evidence of voter suppression at all despite your stereotypes. Though we do have to shown a valid, unexpired ID to vote so I guess some illegal aliens and dead people were suppressed but there is no reason for any blacks do not have an ID.

Blacks actually run the local government in New Orleans and Shreveport and have a lot of power in Baton Rouge city limits though not dominant. But the Republican share of the white population is so large (and many Asian Americans and Hispanic here are conservative as well) is so large that even if every single registered black voter went and voted, Trump would still have won this state.

But in every jurisdiction where blacks are less than 40% of the population, Trump won handily. And white suburbanites are the most conservative demographic here, even more than white rednecks. And many white people here ARE proud of their immigrant heritage (French, Italian, Irish and German most common) and see illegals today as totally different and are not opposed to immigration in general, and just believe we need to be careful who comes here and how they come here.
Louisiana does not have suburbs, at best you have Exurbs.

also, your post was claiming that black people supported Trump, now you have switched to "it doesnt matter how they voted" LOL.

Old 05-08-2019, 03:51 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Take all that right wing kumbaya stuff somewhere else. I remember Charlottesville, and I don’t plan on forgetting the President’s response to it.

Very fine people on both sides”
I don't disagree. Hard to find ANY "fine people" in the Antifa thugs.

Old 05-08-2019, 04:25 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,401,741 times
So much for ebony and ivory living together in perfect harmony.

Old 05-08-2019, 05:12 PM

16,083 posts, read 6,853,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidInk0222 View Post
If you notice, those who are racist sided with a particularly candidate in ‘16 with the initials DT.

I voted for Hillary.......................Best mistake of my life.

Old 05-08-2019, 06:24 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
So much for ebony and ivory living together in perfect harmony.
There are people who are trying. Sadly, we live in a society that has been divided at its core from day one. Racial tensions and even racial violence have been a fact of live in much of American history.

Old 05-08-2019, 11:25 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,931,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Louisiana does not have suburbs, at best you have Exurbs.

also, your post was claiming that black people supported Trump, now you have switched to "it doesnt matter how they voted" LOL.
I'd say that areas like Metairie, Kenner, Slidell, Covington, Westwego, and Gretna all count as suburbs of New Orleans. And all of these areas went for Trump. St. Tammany Parish, the wealthiest parish in the state, gave Trump over 60% of the vote. I'd safely say that Baton Rouge also has clear suburbs like Denham Springs, Walker, Central, Gonzales, and Prairieville. He won Livingston Parish by over 85% and Ascension Parish by over 65%. The immediate city of NO is the only jurisdiction in the New Orleans metro area that voted for Hillary.

Now I wish race and politics weren't so inticately linked here but it is what it is. Racial politics is big in the black community just like it is in Baltimore (where that news anchor was fired for questioning it) and in Georgia with Stacey Abrams's base. This is why whenever you see a very leftist Democrat from the South its always a black politician with a majority black district. The guy in Alabama who was radically pro-abortion is in the same situation. Democrats are very powerless on the state level in most Southern states so they grow increasingly bitter and because most of them are black it also becomes a racial issue for them.

Louisiana does have a Democrat governor because of unique circumstances in the last election with the Republican candidate having a major scandal for which there was evidence for, involving call girls so many Christians stayed home. IN many states down here its not unusual to have a Republican governor and filibuster proof Republican majorities in both houses in the legislature.

Old 05-09-2019, 01:58 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,512,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I will sum it up like that. This has been a divided society from day one.
And you spend every hour of your waking day on here determined to make sure it remains divided with your bilious invective and old-fashioned tropes about the poor,downtrodden blacks.

It's people like you who hold back blacks not Donald Trump,whose economic policies are actually providing work and self-respect for huge number of black people.

You should be ashamed of your dog-whistle puerility.

Old 05-09-2019, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
And you spend every hour of your waking day on here determined to make sure it remains divided with your bilious invective and old-fashioned tropes about the poor,downtrodden blacks.

It's people like you who hold back blacks not Donald Trump,whose economic policies are actually providing work and self-respect for huge number of black people.

You should be ashamed of your dog-whistle puerility.
You spend every waking moment perpetuating lies. I've asked you to refute things I have said. You have failed to do so. Instead you now accuse me of sowing seeds of division. I'm just simply telling the truth and you're trying to make feel stupid. I never said Donald Trump was holding Black people back. I said he wasn't doing a good job. I said that the majority of Blacks disapprove of Trump, and backed all of it up with statistics. You just don't like what I had to say.

Old 05-09-2019, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I'd say that areas like Metairie, Kenner, Slidell, Covington, Westwego, and Gretna all count as suburbs of New Orleans. And all of these areas went for Trump. St. Tammany Parish, the wealthiest parish in the state, gave Trump over 60% of the vote. I'd safely say that Baton Rouge also has clear suburbs like Denham Springs, Walker, Central, Gonzales, and Prairieville. He won Livingston Parish by over 85% and Ascension Parish by over 65%. The immediate city of NO is the only jurisdiction in the New Orleans metro area that voted for Hillary.

Now I wish race and politics weren't so inticately linked here but it is what it is. Racial politics is big in the black community just like it is in Baltimore (where that news anchor was fired for questioning it) and in Georgia with Stacey Abrams's base. This is why whenever you see a very leftist Democrat from the South its always a black politician with a majority black district. The guy in Alabama who was radically pro-abortion is in the same situation. Democrats are very powerless on the state level in most Southern states so they grow increasingly bitter and because most of them are black it also becomes a racial issue for them.

Louisiana does have a Democrat governor because of unique circumstances in the last election with the Republican candidate having a major scandal for which there was evidence for, involving call girls so many Christians stayed home. IN many states down here its not unusual to have a Republican governor and filibuster proof Republican majorities in both houses in the legislature.
Well, here is the deal. Given the South's political history and history of racial tensions, this is how it's going to be in the near future. Until more Blacks in the South feel they can trust the Republican Party, this is how it's going to be.

In something else. I did some research about Ohio. Blacks in Ohio are more likely to support a Republican than Blacks in the South. Ohio Republicans are not like Republicans in the South. Why would Blacks in majority Black areas in the South support hard core leftists? Because most Blacks do not trust those on the far right, and for good reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies