Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 04:59 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
Take your TDS meds. Trump is not going to prison.
Yeah, he and his family of thieves will flee to Russia where his buddy Putin will set them up in a nice little Soviet era apartment with about ten other families.

Old 06-12-2019, 05:20 PM

2,006 posts, read 762,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman83 View Post
Any DA worth his salt, will charge trump the day is out of office.. he will have lawsuits flying from all over!

And he will be convicted.
You should really read the US code yourself and stop listening to talking heads on the MSM. I bet they wouldn’t even get an indictment from the big 10.

Old 06-12-2019, 05:22 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
https://nypost.com/2019/06/12/61-per...ng-trump-poll/
It's over. Nancy doesn't want it, no one wants it.

The fact is even if Trump is corrupt or dealt with Russians (not likely) so is everyone else. It's legal corruption colluding with Lobbyists and think tanks, and working with foriegn agents.

No one is shocked by his behavior in DC, politicians, lobbyists, activists, labor leaders, corporate CEOs, all need the tax revenue coming in to finance their objectives. Our political system is not the clean liberal capitalist democracy Milton Friedman sold you.

It is about concentrating power. Fighting Trump as corrupt does not ennoble you, nor is it a worthy goal.

The day you see Obama's collusion with the financial sector along with Geithner as no different from Manafort's 'crime' is the day you accept how the system is.

It's why Nixon faced consequences for Watergate but not cointelpro, it is just the way things are.

Trump is not unique nor a threat, the only threat is you believing that governance in this country is run by its people.
Pelosi’s Agenda Is Popular — Much More So Than Impeaching Trump

One of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s arguments against a Democratic push for the impeachment of President Trump is essentially … “What’s the point?” With Republicans in control of the U.S. Senate, Pelosi has suggested that the upper chamber would ignore a House impeachment and allow Trump to remain in office. That’s almost certainly true. But the argument raises one obvious inconsistency: Under Pelosi’s direction, House Democrats have spent the past few months passing numerous bills on issues other than impeachment that Senate Republicans have ignored.
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...eaching-trump/

Old 06-12-2019, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I'm with Pelosi on this. I don't want to see Trump impeached. I want to see him in prison.

Old 06-12-2019, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
That number is moving, was 70+ A few months ago. I don’t think democrats will actually pass articles of impeachment. I do think they will push up to that point as much as possible.

Honestly my concern is not Trump, it’s the Office of the Presidency. So far we have:

1) Let Bush declare war on the world, and still use that authorization to justify bombing countries we are not at war with

2) Obama went crazy with executive orders, yes I know congress... but that means we whip congress into shape not expand president powers

3) Trump: Can a President be charged while in office? Is there such a thing as conflict of interest? Can I plant my kids into goverment positions and at ok with voters? Can I ask for foreign help for elections and be ok? Right now the answer is yes to all

So the next President will be able to do All Three and there is nothing we Americans can do because we allowed it.
According to the White House, Trump signed 30 Executive Orders in his first 100 days, 11 more than signed by Obama during the same time frame and 19 more George W. Bush. The closest president in terms of Executive Orders in the first 100 days was Lyndon Johnson, who put his signature to 26 actions.
https://www.al.com/news/2018/07/how_...rders_has.html

Old 06-12-2019, 05:34 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,434,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
Small correction--cointelpro was primarily under JFK, not Nixon. Some of the programs were personally approved by Robert Kennedy, who was JFK's atty. gen.

Nixon actually sought to fire J. Edgar Hoover, but Hoover made sure Nixon knew that Hoover had a file on him about an affair Nixon had while working in Hong Kong as a young lawyer. Hoover kept his job.
Thank you for the correction. I only brought it up because it was revealed during Nixon's presidency.

Old 06-13-2019, 09:00 AM

5,280 posts, read 6,214,639 times
I think the number is interesting for two reasons- its a lower 'do not impeach' number than it was a few months ago. And it means that 17% of people in the middle do not want to impeach but want to vote Trump out of office if you look at the 55% who are saying they will vote against Trump. Any smart Dem would take heed- unfortunately the actual Dems in Congress can't always meet a minimal standard for smart. So I look forward to a couple of loons plowing forward on impeachment and hurting the party's chances in 2020...

I'm also not sure Trump will be charged but I have no doubt there is cause to charge some more folks around him.

And anyone who thinks Republicans will hold a D to the same (low) threshold they hold an R has rocks in their head.

Old 06-13-2019, 09:08 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,699,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I'm with Pelosi on this. I don't want to see Trump impeached. I want to see him in prison.

I just want to see him gone. Impeachment takes too long and any proceedings to find him criminally liable would tear this country up, so I just want to see him go away.

This country needs to regain our sanity, and it is going to be a very tough job for the next President to undo all the damage cause by this little social experiment that went very wrong.

Put him and his family on a plane back to NY, and start rebuilding this country.

Old 06-13-2019, 09:09 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
61% oppose impeaching Trump

If congress only knew that maybe they would stop wasting everyone's time on nonsense and actually do something on real issues people care about !!!
The democrats are so out of touch with the people they might as well be on Mars.
Apparently they couldn't wait for the spaceship to get them there !!!
While that number sounds about right, 61% oppose impeachment, it also seems to be "about the same number" that disapprove of Trump.

I think the reasons many oppose impeachment (as do I) are:
Even if approved by the house, it won't fly through the Senate, so there's no point
Even though he is harming our country, it pales in comparison to the harm that would happen from Impeachment.

Trump supporters don't get this, because they really don't understand what it means to be an American, but American's (R/D/I) are not obsessed with taking Trump down because they dislike him, they are obsessed with getting America back on some somnolence of a plan to remain the greatest country in the world, and they see that he is the #1 thing taking us off that path. It's that simple.

Old 06-13-2019, 09:15 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
While that number sounds about right, 61% oppose impeachment, it also seems to be "about the same number" that disapprove of Trump.

I think the reasons many oppose impeachment (as do I) are:
Even if approved by the house, it won't fly through the Senate, so there's no point
Even though he is harming our country, it pales in comparison to the harm that would happen from Impeachment.

Trump supporters don't get this, because they really don't understand what it means to be an American, but American's (R/D/I) are not obsessed with taking Trump down because they dislike him, they are obsessed with getting America back on some somnolence of a plan to remain the greatest country in the world, and they see that he is the #1 thing taking us off that path. It's that simple.
Also it's better to take Trump down at the polls. And I'm looking forward to the New York Times headline above the fold in giant letters: AMERICAN PEOPLE TO DONALD TRUMP--YOU'RE FIRED
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies