Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 11:52 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
They want Crooked Trump impeached and convicted.
Guess you didn't read what was being posted: 61% do not want impeachment. Oh BTW what happened to the right that states very clearly: a person is innocent until proven guilty?

Old 06-12-2019, 11:57 AM

339 posts, read 127,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Could you be more specific? What polls was it?

I watch CNN all the time, and I've never seen them show a poll like that. Perhaps they were talking about a poll among Dems.
I think he was being sarcastic. Actually the correct poll was featured on CNN yesterday (around 2pm est.) And they summarized that Pelosi will never seek impeachment unless the polls swing in favor for impeachment. It's really a lose-lose to start something only 39% of Americans favor. I think it would be political suicide so I say give it a shot Nancy!

Old 06-12-2019, 12:50 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
https://nypost.com/2019/06/12/61-per...ng-trump-poll/
It's over. Nancy doesn't want it, no one wants it.
The fact is even if Trump is corrupt or dealt with Russians (not likely) so is everyone else. It's legal corruption colluding with Lobbyists and think tanks, and working with foriegn agents. No one is shocked by his behavior in DC, politicians, lobbyists, activists, labor leaders, corporate CEOs, all need the tax revenue coming in to finance their objectives. Our political system is not the clean liberal capitalist democracy Milton Friedman sold you. It is about concentrating power. Fighting Trump as corrupt does not ennoble you, nor is it a worthy goal.
The day you see Obama's collusion with the financial sector along with Geithner as no different from Manafort's 'crime' is the day you accept how the system is. It's why Nixon faced consequences for Watergate but not cointelpro, it is just the way things are. Trump is not unique nor a threat, the only threat is you believing that governance in this country is run by its people.
Your generalizations fail to address the details of the same poll you presented. People think Trump is a crook, whether they agree with the political procedure of impeachment or not.

And actually, there are other polls that are not at 60%, so we would need a number of polls to determine the actual percentage.

Comparing Obama to Manafort is patently absurd. Manafort stole money, sold information to Russian oligarch thugs and lobbied for the same crooks, evaded taxes, and probably committed more crimes I omitted.

And I disagree that Trump is not a threat or that he is not 'unique'. The unique thing about it is that the following and the Senate have normalized his disgusting behavior, or just looked the other way. He is a threat to any semblance of democracy and decency that we have left in this country, he is a global threat, he is an environmental threat, his abuse of power and temper tantrums are a threat to everyone. This man states that Kim Jung Un is a warm wonderful guy and he is definitely in love with Putin. That alone is 'unique' in a president. Most presidents have not taken the side of our sworn enemies, run by murderers, against his own country and intelligence community.

"...Asked whether Trump committed crimes before he took office, voters agree by a 57 – 29 percent margin but they are divided 45 – 45 percent whether he committed crimes while in the White House.
And a majority – 55 – 35 percent – believe that special counsel Robert Mueller’s report did not clear Trump of any wrongdoing..."

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/08/73069...on-way-forward

Old 06-12-2019, 12:52 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve9999 View Post
I think he was being sarcastic. Actually the correct poll was featured on CNN yesterday (around 2pm est.) And they summarized that Pelosi will never seek impeachment unless the polls swing in favor for impeachment. It's really a lose-lose to start something only 39% of Americans favor. I think it would be political suicide so I say give it a shot Nancy!
Nancy is much smarter than that. And smarter than Trump.

Old 06-12-2019, 12:54 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,610,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Guess you didn't read what was being posted: 61% do not want impeachment. Oh BTW what happened to the right that states very clearly: a person is innocent until proven guilty?
Do you really still believe that?

Just ask the McMartin's or OJ Simpson how that worked out. If the press gets a hold of your story, it's guilty upon accusation, and not even an aquittal in court will change that

Old 06-12-2019, 01:21 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
61% oppose impeaching Trump

If congress only knew that maybe they would stop wasting everyone's time on nonsense and actually do something on real issues people care about !!!
The democrats are so out of touch with the people they might as well be on Mars.
Apparently they couldn't wait for the spaceship to get them there !!!

Old 06-12-2019, 02:02 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Were you saying this when Trump's people like Michael Flynn were chanting "lock her [Clinton] up"?

Old 06-12-2019, 02:34 PM

3,840 posts, read 3,068,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I'm with Pelosi on this. I don't want to see Trump impeached. I want to see him in prison.

Take your TDS meds. Trump is not going to prison.

Old 06-12-2019, 04:27 PM

1,705 posts, read 538,502 times
The problem is... if the Democrats does not impeach trumps OBVIOUS crimes... its sets a precedent.

No Republicans can ever impeach a Democratic president again.
The US President is suddenly totally above the law.

Old 06-12-2019, 04:45 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,011,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
https://nypost.com/2019/06/12/61-per...ng-trump-poll/
It's over. Nancy doesn't want it, no one wants it.

The fact is even if Trump is corrupt or dealt with Russians (not likely) so is everyone else. It's legal corruption colluding with Lobbyists and think tanks, and working with foriegn agents.

No one is shocked by his behavior in DC, politicians, lobbyists, activists, labor leaders, corporate CEOs, all need the tax revenue coming in to finance their objectives. Our political system is not the clean liberal capitalist democracy Milton Friedman sold you.

It is about concentrating power. Fighting Trump as corrupt does not ennoble you, nor is it a worthy goal.

The day you see Obama's collusion with the financial sector along with Geithner as no different from Manafort's 'crime' is the day you accept how the system is.

It's why Nixon faced consequences for Watergate but not cointelpro, it is just the way things are.

Trump is not unique nor a threat, the only threat is you believing that governance in this country is run by its people.
Small correction--cointelpro was primarily under JFK, not Nixon. Some of the programs were personally approved by Robert Kennedy, who was JFK's atty. gen.

Nixon actually sought to fire J. Edgar Hoover, but Hoover made sure Nixon knew that Hoover had a file on him about an affair Nixon had while working in Hong Kong as a young lawyer. Hoover kept his job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies