Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2019, 08:45 AM

25,436 posts, read 9,796,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Does not change the fact that she forgets words, stares blankly, asks her staff for help and flusters and fidgets during speeches. Face it, Nancy is having symptoms of breaking down.

The Dems need to intervene on her behalf. She looks like a deer in the headlights.
Nancy is doing just fine handling Trump all on her own. She doesn't need any intervening.

Old 05-24-2019, 08:46 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,503,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Wading through someone's posting history is tedious and time consuming. Seeing what threads they have started is a much faster way to see where they're coming from. But of course your thread starting history is not available to the public.
I’ve created 13 threads in my 11 years here. Only one of them was in P&OC, and was about the truck attack in Stockholm a couple years ago. All other threads were in the Austin, Parenting, or Sports forums.

Hope that helps. Knock yourself out.

Old 05-24-2019, 08:52 AM

15,526 posts, read 10,492,988 times
I didn't watch the OP's video or the various ones posted online. Because, while I was working, we had the press conference on live. She was a mess. If people altered her video to mock her or whatever, well that's on them and pretty common these days. It doesn't take away from the fact that she originally appeared messed up.

Old 05-24-2019, 08:54 AM

24,394 posts, read 23,050,809 times
We have to be very much concerned about " faking" videos but maybe not for the reasons they want us to be. I thought sometime ago when they warned the public about believing videos of politicos being in compromising situations or saying something hard to defend. They could be faked, but those best able to doctor them wouldn't be bystanders with a cell phone, they'd be professionals with the latest digital and computer equipment. And they can also then simply dismiss damaging videos as being fake and try to pull the wool over the publics eyes that way.
If we can't trust social media, and we can't trust the mainstream media, and we KNOW we can't trust the government, all that's left is our own eyes and our own good judgment.

Old 05-24-2019, 08:56 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,451,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Rofl at progressives acting like they knew the video clip was a fraud all along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
It appears to me like you are implying you knew the video was fake all along.

I never saw the video, but I saw what RWNJ's have written about it. Are you saying that we should not take you people at your word? ...

I guess not. Seems like nothing about Trumpies can be trusted. You deserve your reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Firstly, I’m no “Trumpie”.

Secondly, I don’t respond well to people who childishly create derogatory nicknames for people.

Thirdly, I am THE ONLY POSTER here so far who acknowledged being duped by the doctored video in the other Pelosi thread. Go read it.

Lastly, this isn’t the first nor will it be the last time that Americans have been duped by doctored video. It’s a travesty that people are so dishonest that they do things like this. I’m the last person who will point, crow, and laugh at instances of this occurring. That’s just childish. Get over yourselves.
Ok, fair enough ... sorry.

I retract the claim that you are a Trumpie.

So let me rephrase my post ...

~

It appears to me like you are implying you knew the video was fake all along. (your post makes it appear that way, so that's how it looks)

I never saw the video, but I saw what RWNJ's have written about it. Are you saying that we should not take Trump supporters who post videos at their word? ...

I guess not. Seems like nothing about Trumpies can be trusted. Trump supporters deserve their reputation.

Old 05-24-2019, 09:00 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,503,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Ok, fair enough ... sorry.

I retract the claim that you are a Trumpie.
Your acknowledgement is noted.

Old 05-24-2019, 09:04 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,093,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I didn't watch the OP's video or the various ones posted online. Because, while I was working, we had the press conference on live. She was a mess. If people altered her video to mock her or whatever, well that's on them and pretty common these days. It doesn't take away from the fact that she originally appeared messed up.
In the incomparable words of Kellyanne Conway, “Wow, that’s really pro-woman of you.”

Old 05-24-2019, 09:13 AM

52,706 posts, read 34,534,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Yeah, except you clearly didn't.
i certainly did. watch it yourself, if you dare.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?461025...er-distraction

Old 05-24-2019, 09:20 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,297,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Is she drunk, on drugs or having mini strokes?
Trump had the same thing a while back. His supporters said it was his dentures slipping, or something like that. Nancy may have sounded a little "slurry" there, but her words were coherent. She scares the hell out of Trump, he does not know how to deal with people who are both smarter than him, and not afraid to stand up to him.

It's funny: She says on record, we want to extend infrastructure to rural areas (Red voters) and all Trump wants to do is be a petulant child and punish blue areas. he could learn from her.

Old 05-24-2019, 09:29 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Nancy is doing just fine handling Trump all on her own. She doesn't need any intervening.
You sure about that. She has been a train wreck ever since this January, since her ass has been on the line.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies