Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2019, 07:21 AM

46,302 posts, read 27,117,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
No offense, Chuck, but once again you are way off. Trump was sued for child rape before he announced for president.

Then you are going to have to provide what you are reading, because everything I read states different;

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a7354111.html

The link above is from October 2016....

Quote:
Federal Judge Ronnie Abrams has ordered the hearing for 16 December in a New York court. She has asked for both sides to provide information to assist the Court in advancing the case to settlement or trial.

^^^^So, if this going to court in December 2016.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2019, 09:06 AM

59,112 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
The people who enjoy it remind of the people watching comedy or movies who laugh and applaud whenever there's profanity, as if they think it's clever.

The Profanity President: Trump’s Four-Letter Vocabulary
By Peter Baker

His is the profanity presidency, full of four-letter denunciations of his enemies and earthy dismissals of allegations lodged against him... But critics say the vulgarity comes at a cost. “No one has debased the civil discourse in this country more than President Trump, and the president really does set the tone in the country.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/19/u...-language.html

The Profanity President: Trump

https://www.cfcpac.org/content/2019/...er-presidency/

"The Vulgarian-In-Chief, debasing discourse" Ah, the ever lib with blinders!

Remind us AGAIN who YOU voted for in all those elections. I guess your favorite alphabet "news source" never reported it, therefore you are NOT aware of ANY of them. Too bad.

AH, the hypocrisy, AGAIN. We have plenty of videos of dems using the profanity and NEVER a word of complaint from the left.

"Washington (CNN) -- F#&$. S%&!. A@$.
Not quite the language you'd expect from U.S. politicians. But that's never stopped them from expressing themselves, in private and in public, as we saw during a recent speech by Donald Trump to supporters in Las Vegas."
"Here's a look at politicians who have let their true feelings shine over the years through their own brand of colorful language:
President Barack Obama
2010: The BP oil spill took an emotional toll on everyone -- from those living along the Gulf of Mexico to politicians in Washington.

President Obama was not immune.
In a June 8, 2010, NBC "Today" show interview, Obama said, "I don't sit around just talking to experts because this is a college seminar. We talk to these folks because they potentially have the best answers, so I know whose a-- to kick."

Vice President Joe Biden
2010: Known for his blunt talk, Vice President Joe Biden was heard telling Obama "this is a big f------ deal" during the March 23, 2010, signing of the health care reform bill. While he was whispering into the president's ear, the profanity was picked up by nearby microphones."

"Sen. John Kerry
2004: Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry, running in a brutal 2004 presidential race against incumbent President George W. Bush, dropped the f-bomb in an interview in the November 11, 2004, edition of Rolling Stone magazine.
"I voted for what I thought was best for the country. ... Did I expect George Bush to f--- it up as badly as he did? I don't think anybody did," Kerry said, referring to his vote allowing the U.S. to use military force in Iraq."

"
President Jimmy Carter
1980: The relationship between former President Jimmy Carter and Sen. Ted Kennedy was sometimes less than friendly.
Time magazine reports that Carter told a group of congressmen in 1979 that if Kennedy ran against him in the 1980 presidential race, "I'll whip his a--."

Rahm Emanuel
1998, 2010, etc.: Where to begin?
Then-White House aide Emanuel warned Prime Minister Tony Blair, "don't f--- it up," referring to the British leader's February 5, 1998, visit to the White House, according to Foreign Policy magazine's Passport blog.
The meeting came during the height of the Monica Lewinsky scandal.
Later, as Obama's chief of staff, Emanuel allegedly once said "F--- the UAW." The comment was featured in former White House car czar Steven Rattner's 2010 book "Overhaul." The White House pushed back against the claim.

Bill and Hillary Clinton
While President Bill Clinton and first lady Hillary Clinton were not known to have cursed publicly, numerous accounts from White House insiders over the years tell a different story -- that both often using the f-word in conversations and arguments inside and outside the White House."

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post55270008

"he last few months have seen expletives ringing from large sections of the Democratic bench. In a New York Magazine profile this month, Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) included one “****,” two “****ing”s, one “bull****,” one “pissed off,” one “they suck,” and a “what the hell is going on?" DNC Chairman Tom Perez has awkwardly but assuredly brought profanity into his stump speeches, saying at a January DNC Future Forum, “if you don’t have the trust of the community, then you ain’t got ****,” and telling a New Jersey Working Families Alliance event in March that Republicans “don’t give a **** about people.” Kicking off an eight-state “Come Together and Fight Back” speaking tour alongside Senator Bernie Sanders in Portland, Maine last week, Perez turned to the president’s spending proposals—“They call it a ‘skinny budget.’ I call it a ****ty budget.” By Thursday, the shop at Democrats.org was selling “Democrats give a sh*t about people” shirts."

Check it out for MORE

https://www.politico.com/magazine/st...mocrats-215068

So save the sudden "I care" attitude!

The NT Times, now there is NON biased source if I ever saw one. Right!
NewOoxa? Never heard of them. You really scrapping the bottom the barrel to find bad stuff on Trump!

Last edited by Quick Enough; 05-26-2019 at 09:34 AM..

Old 05-26-2019, 09:08 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,133,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
The left is finally getting back what they've been dishing out for the better part of two decades and now they're stumbling for their fainting couches? Yeah, cry me another Potomic River.

I don't like seeing the political discourse dragged down either, but it didn't start with and it won't end with Trump.
What are you talking about?

Old 05-26-2019, 09:10 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,585,685 times
this is a big f'***ng deal

Joe Biden

Old 05-26-2019, 09:12 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,947,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
AH, the hypocrisy, AGAIN. We have plenty of videos of dems using the f word while not knowing the mike was live.
A memo went out in late 2016 - early 2017 where the Democrats tried to out-cuss Trump... it was hilariously pathetic!

Old 05-26-2019, 05:40 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,144,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
...the cutesy response, i'm guessing, is a result of this topic being beat to death...
Really? Trump supporters never tire of bringing up Hillary, for instance.

This isn't something that goes away.

Old 05-26-2019, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
And, what was published about JFK and LBJs language. What about Give em hell Harry's or Tricky Dickie?
Nothing, because the press was ethical back then and some things were off limits
As I said about Barack Obama: Please cite some instances of JFK/LBJ deliberate vulgarity in public, as Trump does.

The question isn't a matter of what the press chooses to disclose. Trump spews his trash directly to the public, whether in this rallies or tweets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Seems like an argument you don't want to have....you supported it back then, because you support slick willie.....not you hate trump and now it's a problem.....yea, that's called a hypocrite....not a great argument.....
Amazing how the left hates history, when it disagrees with them....
Sorry, but even with Clinton: Please cite any instances of his being deliberately vulgar, as Trump is.

But, yes, it's a great comparison, because people at the time were horrified at what was in the news, not from Clinton, but about him. Repubiicans claimed to uphold family values and propriety. They sure have forgotten about that, eh?

But you're changing the subject. Apart from the fact that Trump's 10,000 lies far outweigh Clinton's, this thread is about Trump's crude language.

Old 05-26-2019, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"The Vulgarian-In-Chief, debasing discourse" Ah, the ever lib with blinders!

Remind us AGAIN who YOU voted for in all those elections. I guess your favorite alphabet "news source" never reported it, therefore you are NOT aware of ANY of them. Too bad.

AH, the hypocrisy, AGAIN. We have plenty of videos of dems using the profanity and NEVER a word of complaint from the left

So save the sudden "I care" attitude!

The NT Times, now there is NON biased source if I ever saw one. Right!
NewOoxa? Never heard of them. You really scrapping the bottom the barrel to find bad stuff on Trump!
Do you realize that your post mostly supports what I was saying - that no matter what their language might have been in private, presidents normally exercise some self-control, and don't spew vulgarity in public? Or didn't you notice?

Old 05-26-2019, 05:58 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,813,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
The left is finally getting back what they've been dishing out for the better part of two decades and now they're stumbling for their fainting couches? Yeah, cry me another Potomic River.

I don't like seeing the political discourse dragged down either, but it didn't start with and it won't end with Trump.
Tell me how many previous presidents have laced their public addresses with profanity. They haven't. But when your vocabulary is as limited as his, I guess that's what you have to resort to.

Old 05-26-2019, 05:58 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,639,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
The people who enjoy it remind of the people watching comedy or movies who laugh and applaud whenever there's profanity, as if they think it's clever.

The Profanity President: Trump’s Four-Letter Vocabulary
By Peter Baker

His is the profanity presidency, full of four-letter denunciations of his enemies and earthy dismissals of allegations lodged against him... But critics say the vulgarity comes at a cost. “No one has debased the civil discourse in this country more than President Trump, and the president really does set the tone in the country.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/19/u...-language.html

The Profanity President: Trump

https://www.cfcpac.org/content/2019/...er-presidency/
Too funny. You really should expand your mind, and realize that The NY Times, CNN, and the lot are nothing more than leftist propaganda outlets.

What a crisis ... the President said (3) hells, (2) damns and (1) crap all in one speech! Guess what? Regular folks not suffering Trump Derangement Syndrome actually like that he speaks like a regular guy. Meanwhile, back in La La land, we have buffoons In Hollywood calling the President of the United States an F**** mutt on national TV. That seems fine to the leftist hypocrites.

SORRY .... but you better get used to it, cuz Trump isn’t going anywhere soon. 2020, 4 more years!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies