Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2019, 08:57 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,693,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You guys know what? I've been working around analytics for a long time. I have a pretty good nose for when someone is trying to pull a fast one and this article stunk. Why you ask? Because it cited just 2 data points and did not provide a graph showing how things changed over time.

Here is the quote from the article.

Here is SPLC's graph up to 2015.

https://images.app.goo.gl/5FT7k4DfHPZy21V27

So, the people involved in this article intentionally selected the lowest year in over a decade and left out the point that it was already rebounding hard in 2015.

I guess it makes for a sexier story than citing how it's essentially at the same number that is was 7 years ago.

Furthermore, I'm suspicious that the drop in 2014 isn't just a methodology change. There is no freakin' way that over 20% decided to close up shop in one year, so something funny is going on there too.

In short, the article is intentionally trying to mislead people.
good job on the clarification. That's what the media does!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2019, 11:29 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,115,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsburg Landing View Post
The Pacific Northwest is run by liberals. If hate groups are there, they are comprised of Democrats.
Or a niche group of republican Trumpers..

Old 05-27-2019, 12:12 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Hate is everywhere, it's part of human nature and will never go away.

There are good and bad reasons for hate, don't lump it all together or think you have to solution to it.

Old 05-27-2019, 12:34 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Nothing worse than these perpetually angry leftist, man bun wearing jerks and they are thick as thieves in that part of the world. I think I would take the neo-idiots over them.

Old 05-27-2019, 12:42 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Hate is everywhere, it's part of human nature and will never go away.

There are good and bad reasons for hate, don't lump it all together or think you have to solution to it.
One of the more absurd recent developments in the English language is the redefining of "hate" to mean holding restrictionist views on immigration or advocacy for anything pro-white. I always thought that silly use of the word was a fad that would die out, but it has only become more entrenched.

Old 05-27-2019, 04:08 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,634 times
What's wrong with some people hating others? Do you or anyone else have a RIGHT to dictate what others believe? Do you or anyone else have a RIGHT to dictate what others think? If their action or inaction does not encroach upon the rights or property of another, by what right do you seek to prohibit it?

Hate is a feeling. Hate is a thought. Hate is NOT an action or inaction. When someone engages in an action or inaction which encroaches upon the rights or property of another, charge them for THAT crime. Do NOT attempt to set a precedent of being able to dictate what others think or believe or I can assure you the tide WILL change and then YOUR thoughts and beliefs will be prohibited as well.

I hate plenty people. I typically hate them for their action or inaction which I believe encroaches upon another persons rights or property BUT even if I hated someone because they were of a certain race, religion, political affiliation, sex, sexual preference, etc., who are any of you to tell me who I can and cannot hate?

The left champions prohibiting hate for certain beliefs yet out of the other side of their mouth will typically support the ACTIONS of antifa, actions which DO encroach upon the rights or property of another. To be perfectly honest, I see far more hate coming from the left than I do coming from the right. I still wouldn't support EITHER side if they sought to prohibit thought or beliefs, making these thoughts or beliefs a crime even though they don't encroach upon the rights or property of anyone else. So be very careful what you ask for as it may well come back around to bite you in your posterior at a later date.

But then again, that's just MY opinion, for what it's worth.

Old 05-27-2019, 04:14 AM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
While I don't give much credence to groups like the SPLC, it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that these types of groups have never really gone away from that region.

The Pacific Northwest has always been the motherland for Neo Nazi groups, just like Chicago and Los Angeles were the motherland for hardcore street gangs. So nothing earth shattering about that.

And it's obvious why these kinds of groups have formed a big resurgence. As have been pointed out many times before, there is this perception that America has increasingly been hostile towards white people (particularly males), and their rights and former status are slowly being eradicated by those 'loony' liberals among others.

Right or wrong, I do understand that perception, and for moderate white people, these types of extremist groups seem like the only ones that are actually speaking up for white people, and are not cowed by political correctness (the enemy of my enemy is my friend).

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/hate-...c=bell-brknews
I'm in North Idaho for a few days eventually on my way to Glacier Park and this area is very peaceful and I see far less "hate" here than I do in Seattle or Portland by a huge margin.

Old 05-27-2019, 04:22 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
What's wrong with some people hating others? Do you or anyone else have a RIGHT to dictate what others believe? Do you or anyone else have a RIGHT to dictate what others think? If their action or inaction does not encroach upon the rights or property of another, by what right do you seek to prohibit it?

Hate is a feeling. Hate is a thought. Hate is NOT an action or inaction. When someone engages in an action or inaction which encroaches upon the rights or property of another, charge them for THAT crime. Do NOT attempt to set a precedent of being able to dictate what others think or believe or I can assure you the tide WILL change and then YOUR thoughts and beliefs will be prohibited as well.

I hate plenty people. I typically hate them for their action or inaction which I believe encroaches upon another persons rights or property BUT even if I hated someone because they were of a certain race, religion, political affiliation, sex, sexual preference, etc., who are any of you to tell me who I can and cannot hate?

The left champions prohibiting hate for certain beliefs yet out of the other side of their mouth will typically support the ACTIONS of antifa, actions which DO encroach upon the rights or property of another. To be perfectly honest, I see far more hate coming from the left than I do coming from the right. I still wouldn't support EITHER side if they sought to prohibit thought or beliefs, making these thoughts or beliefs a crime even though they don't encroach upon the rights or property of anyone else. So be very careful what you ask for as it may well come back around to bite you in your posterior at a later date.

But then again, that's just MY opinion, for what it's worth.
You're coming at this all wrong. The left isn't really trying to stop hate. They want to suppress traditional Western views on immigration and race. This has nothing to do with actual hate as it is defined in the dictionary. All you'll accomplish with this freedom-to-hate line of argument is to convince people you're a sociopath.

Old 05-27-2019, 04:29 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,392,163 times
Expect this to continue while hostility toward whites increases.

Old 05-27-2019, 04:33 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,107,619 times
[quote=cachibatches;55273968]Hate has always been in the Pacific Northwest, in the form of unemployed, meth-head lefty-terrorists who run around the streets beating up people who disagree with their right to get free stuff.

Any right-wing groups that arise are a natural equal and opposite reaction.[

...whataboutism at its finest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies