Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2019, 12:21 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Do you know what she thinks?

How do you know she's not having her G & T with her feet up breathing a sigh of relief those dam Yankees are gone.
She doesn't have an issue with Americans...after all some have married into the family. She most likely has an issue with ignorant boors. Hence, perhaps in one of the few areas where she is granted a choice, she decided to give Trump that book the he will never read.

The G & T may be spot on!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2019, 12:38 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
I'm not gonna read this whole bloody thread so I don't know if it was mentioned how Obama embarrassed himself when he toasted the Queen. I guess he didn't pay attention in Royal protocol class. I'm too lazy to look for the video (I bet Trump watched it!) but I'm sure you can find it on youtube.

I laughed when I heard Rush saying Obama gave the Queen an iPod full of his speeches as his gift. As if that wasn't bad enough (he hated what the Brits did in Africa), it couldn't be recharged because their voltage is different. I guess he hadn't traveled to Europe before then.

Rush also mentioned gifts Melania had chosen for the Queen and Duke, which were meaningful. The personalized leather AF One flight jacket and the autobiography of a famous American WWII pilot for the Duke of Edinburgh who was a pilot in the war. I didn't know that and I'm a WWII buff.

The trip has been a triumph and I heard even the British press treated Trump fairly.

Old 06-06-2019, 01:07 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,555,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I'm not gonna read this whole bloody thread so I don't know if it was mentioned how Obama embarrassed himself when he toasted the Queen. I guess he didn't pay attention in Royal protocol class. I'm too lazy to look for the video (I bet Trump watched it!) but I'm sure you can find it on youtube.

I laughed when I heard Rush saying Obama gave the Queen an iPod full of his speeches as his gift. As if that wasn't bad enough (he hated what the Brits did in Africa), it couldn't be recharged because their voltage is different. I guess he hadn't traveled to Europe before then.

Rush also mentioned gifts Melania had chosen for the Queen and Duke, which were meaningful. The personalized leather AF One flight jacket and the autobiography of a famous American WWII pilot for the Duke of Edinburgh who was a pilot in the war. I didn't know that and I'm a WWII buff.

The trip has been a triumph and I heard even the British press treated Trump fairly.
It may come as a shock to you, but the Royal family cares a little bit less about protocol, than substance.

Old 06-06-2019, 01:58 AM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
It may come as a shock to you, but the Royal family cares a little bit less about protocol, than substance.
Wow, you know what the entire Royal Family thinks.

Old 06-06-2019, 03:31 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,180 posts, read 13,461,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
The Queen is a symbolic symbol of the Crown. She is a constitutional Monarch and must do what her government tells her to do.

Think of her as a hired " greeter " who is paid to be welcoming and polite to all.

Think about it. Do you really think she thought well of Idi Amin and Robert Mugabe who she was told to host?

There are signals though. She looked absolutely delighted and radiant when Obama visited. She looks more glum with Trump.

It is not about what the Queen thinks, but it is about what the Queen's job is and that SHOULD be obvious to anyone who knows even the tiniest bit of history and current affairs.
Most countries host leaders from other countries, even those who are dubious, the US has hosted many od the exact same.

The Queen is just looking old, she's 93 and Prince Philip is now too old to even attend such events.

The Queen has met nearly every post war President, and always greets them well, and in terms of Ronald Reagan their mutual love of horses meant the Queen went our riding with him at Windsor and later visited his ranch in California back in the 1980's. So Reagan was clearly someone she liked on a personal level and he was good at telling stories and jokes.

In terms of Trump, I thought the State Visit went very well, the D-Day memorial at Portsmouth was very good and told the story of D-Day well, whilst any protests were fairly meagre and did not etract from the visit and the D-Day events.

The only thing to complain about was the weather, which Trump did joke about.

Old 06-06-2019, 05:07 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Apparently, the Queen, Prince Charles, and Camilla were the only ones willing to be photographed with Trump and even they look unhappy about it.

Old 06-06-2019, 05:44 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
She would say the same to any one, it's called common courtesy, you know, like political correctness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Oh now you are telling us you know what the Queen of England "thinks". LAWL.
I didn't make any claim to know what she thinks. I told you what she would do.

The laughs on you.

Old 06-06-2019, 06:28 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
He's in Ireland now. ...where he will meet the Prime Minister of Ireland in a lounge at the airport. It's a VIP lounge -- sure it's nice.
How much is that little excursion to yet another golf course costing the taxpayers?

The cost of limos is already near a million dollars!

“The White House reportedly paid nearly $1 million to rent four limousines from an Irish funeral home for President Trump’s two-day visit to Ireland.”

https://thehill.com/policy/internati...ls-for-two-day

Other estimates here:

“The accommodation and transport bill for President Donald Trump's U.K. state visit will hit $3.5 million, it has been reported.”

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-uk-vi...s-emir-1442077

But Obama...

Old 06-06-2019, 06:35 AM

9,724 posts, read 14,264,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Apparently, the Queen, Prince Charles, and Camilla were the only ones willing to be photographed with Trump and even they look unhappy about it.
^^^^^^ (Translation) ..... Sob, Sob, darn it....I wish that Trump wasn't having such a successful trip .....wish he hadn't won the Presidency .....wish Obama was back..... Oh, my Sob, Sob,........Let me go back to my corner and sulk.......anybody have a blanket for me?

Old 06-06-2019, 06:41 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
^^^^^^ (Translation) ..... Sob, Sob, darn it....I wish that Trump wasn't having such a successful trip .....wish he hadn't won the Presidency .....wish Obama was back..... Oh, my Sob, Sob,........Let me go back to my corner and sulk.......anybody have a blanket for me?
Yes, trumpies are the immature crying whining lot, aren’t they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies