Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2019, 12:58 PM

73,098 posts, read 62,737,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
That was probably a mistake on his part, but other than that I agree, the GOP is not your party if government programs and promises of free stuff at taxpayer expense are what sways a voting base.
If you think the only thing Blacks are looking for is free stuff, this is likely part of why more Blacks don't vote for GOP, or tend to be wary of conservatives. The feeling of "all they think we want is free stuff".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2019, 01:12 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,070,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
here's the math, 70% of black children are born put of wedlock. Want positive treatment, earn some respect by fathering your children.
What I find interesting about the high rate of black single motherhood is that the black American culture is very conservative due to the black church. If the black church is an important social structure in the black community. Why is thier 70 out of wedlock in the black community? And these numbers come from a culture that is religiously conservative.

Old 06-04-2019, 01:38 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,724,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
What I find interesting about the high rate of black single motherhood is that the black American culture is very conservative due to the black church. If the black church is an important social structure in the black community. Why is thier 70 out of wedlock in the black community? And these numbers come from a culture that is religiously conservative.

Because, in all races, religion is in decline. Many people are just Christian in name only, not in practice. Hell, that is true for many of these preachers also. People want freedom and following strict religious doctrine would be too confining to Americans.

Old 06-04-2019, 01:43 PM

73,098 posts, read 62,737,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I would look to some of those pastors. In some churches, the pastor isn't hard on women who have kids out of wedlock. This is why some pastors will get onto men for their behavior, but not the women. Very often, there are pastors who rarely call out promiscuous behavior. It is promiscuous behavior that leads to teen pregnancy and out of wedlock births. This is the thing. If alot more pastors called it out, church attendance might plummet. Some women will feel judged and just leave the church. Since alot of tithes come from women, well, it doesn't help to anger the congregation.

Black American culture might be conservative due to religious reasons. However, there are cases where money will make some people compromise their own integrity. In short, there are many churches that are run more like a racket than an institution for encouraging morality. As someone who is a believer in Christ, there are times when I'm seeing the Nation of Islam doing a better job of enforcing morality among Black people. It's sad because I have no interest in joining the Nation of Islam. I want nothing to do with it. However, there are times when I see some churches operating like rackets, and it isn't helping.

Old 06-04-2019, 01:46 PM

20,175 posts, read 9,073,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Why not just admit that you want to use corporate greed to punish people for behavior that you personally disapprove of?
I only disapprove if they ask me to pay for it. All part of that personal responsibility thingy you keep hearing about.

Old 06-04-2019, 02:01 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,602,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If you think the only thing Blacks are looking for is free stuff, this is likely part of why more Blacks don't vote for GOP, or tend to be wary of conservatives. The feeling of "all they think we want is free stuff".
Yeah well, here is a place to make any good points if you have any. I can tell you idiots like Harris and Booker make ya'll look bad when they start in with the reparations nonsense. A black person already has lots of options and can do fine in this country if they want to.

Old 06-04-2019, 02:28 PM

37,963 posts, read 17,905,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Like I said before....the left ignores and the right deplores. That is how the right sees us. They deplore us as people who make bad choices, who abandon their kids, who are violent, who are irresponsible....etc.
It's about not having 2 adults to raise the family. The skin color is just the identifier. Nothing to do with genetics. Because too many blacks (poor) gravitated towards handouts instead of work. The party of the klan with Hoover and FDR buying the poor vote.

No one gets rich off of welfare. Human nature for enough to take money for not working. That's the problem. End most of the handouts and you'll see changes. Is it any wonder black UE was as low and sometimes lower than white UE thru the 1920's. Before handouts changed that.

Old 06-04-2019, 02:30 PM

37,963 posts, read 17,905,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
It was lower during the centuries of black enslavement. Is Trump creating Jobs of livable wage? Are these jobs part time? Do these jobs offer health benefits?

Just looking at unemployment rates leaves out so many variables of economic well being.
Agreed. The jobs that came back are low paying. Since the crash in 2007 population has grown ~9% but food stamp usage is almost 40% higher.

Old 06-04-2019, 02:57 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,255,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Um, because WE get to pay for it.
You’re gonna KEEP paying for it too. And you’d better not miss a payment either!

Old 06-04-2019, 03:03 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,522,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You’re gonna KEEP paying for it too. And you’d better not miss a payment either!
You really love taunting whitey, don't you?

I'm hoping in Trump's second term, he will crack down on welfare and free stuff. I see people on government support programs (subsidized housing, food stamps, Medicaid, etc.) having four, five, and more children, and self-supporting people limit themselves to two because that's all they can afford. Something is very wrong with that picture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies