Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2019, 01:59 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I have a hard time believing Govt and other companies went after 'Infowars' at such a HUGE cost to them, and as aggressively as they did...for infowars not being so credible?!!! LOL

When they spend THAT amount of time and resources to target a talk show or its host...you can bet its VERY credible and likely a VERY big threat to the 'powers that be'.
Thank you. We rarely agree but we do here. InfoWars isn't really being targeted but rather broke TOS on those platforms (I know from other threads controversial term considering the twisting to make websites into utilities.) You break TOS, you're gonna have a bad time. I think it is nothing more of "an us against them" rallying cry for the InfoWars and Crowder (as mentioned earlier in the thread, he's dealing with his own Google issues on YouTube) fans to further support the causes of those personalities. Their quarterly PBS membership drive if you will. Sadly they thrive on playing victim somehow. I don't exactly get it but I'm not gullible to buy their tripe.

Old 06-05-2019, 08:21 AM

37,221 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
I'm afraid that would require you to either (a) adopt a kind of philosophical solipsism* or (b) acquire the ability to shift between alternate universes two ways, and report back to us the location(s) of that(those) universe(s) in which gay frogs and fish people exist only because of the reasons Jones stated.

*Claims that nothing exists beyond our thoughts: "I think, therefore I am" and absolutely everything else is either false or insufficiently provable. In this case, cuebald should alter his thoughts so that he does see gay frogs and fish people. THEN he can make it real -- i.o.w. instead of "seeing is believing", make it "believing is seeing".
My Dude, I am not the one who puts this crap out to the general public. Alex Jones is deranged, and has been proven to be a danger to society.

Gay Frogs here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ePLkAm8i2s

Fish People here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgE7L7QdglE

And, for good measure, a smorgasbord of other assorted Alex Jones nonsense and garbage, including Pizzagate (which caused an armed attack), chemtrails, Lady Gaga promoting Satanism, Goblins (6:55), the Hillary Pickle Jar Conspiracy (8:58), and the "fake" Moon Landing (10:00). Gay frogs also at the end (10:10)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgUDbvKYbWk

This boy need to be wrapped in several thick layers of unbreakable bubble wrap and stored in a quiet place for a few years before he bursts a blood vessel and strokes out. I will say one thing - his followers and believers are VIPs (Very Interesting People). I just wish they wore collars or tags or something so we could tell when they get close.

Old 06-05-2019, 12:41 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,376,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
BREAKING -- Going after Alex Jones/INFOWARS, cost Facebook and Google 137 Billion in losses, according to InfoWars

Which actually means neither Facebook or Google as lost them more than a dime.

Bring up Google and type in Alex Jones or Infowars. There's plenty that comes up on either, including links to J. Jones' website. And his ranting can still be found on Facebook too.

It's going to be hard for his moon-faced lawyer to win any damages from either Google or Facebook once Jones loses his Sandy Hook lawsuit.

If either of those companies really wanted to de-platform Jones 100%, both could have done it, but neither did.

The notion that they've lost $137 billion dollars is nothing but more empty wishes from an alcoholic lunatic who's suffering from dry brain syndrome.

Old 06-05-2019, 01:18 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 4 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,601,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
My Dude, I am not the one who puts this crap out to the general public. Alex Jones is deranged, and has been proven to be a danger to society.

Gay Frogs here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ePLkAm8i2s

Fish People here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgE7L7QdglE

And, for good measure, a smorgasbord of other assorted Alex Jones nonsense and garbage, including Pizzagate (which caused an armed attack), chemtrails, Lady Gaga promoting Satanism, Goblins (6:55), the Hillary Pickle Jar Conspiracy (8:58), and the "fake" Moon Landing (10:00). Gay frogs also at the end (10:10)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgUDbvKYbWk

This boy need to be wrapped in several thick layers of unbreakable bubble wrap and stored in a quiet place for a few years before he bursts a blood vessel and strokes out. I will say one thing - his followers and believers are VIPs (Very Interesting People). I just wish they wore collars or tags or something so we could tell when they get close.
I'm actually agreeing with you. I was being ironic-sarcastic-absurd in your favor - saying, tongue-in-cheek, that you would have to adopt a solipsist mentality or gain ability to shift between universes to see the gay frogs, etc.

Old 06-05-2019, 01:30 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 4 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,601,582 times
Quote:
I have a hard time believing Govt and other companies went after 'Infowars' at such a HUGE cost to them, and as aggressively as they did...for infowars not being so credible?!!! LOL

When they spend THAT amount of time and resources to target a talk show or its host...you can bet its VERY credible and likely a VERY big threat to the 'powers that be'.
Am I to take it that the government wasted its money when it came to challenging Soviet communism? I mean, if the government spent so much money on anti-communist counterpropaganda, then I suppose communism is a credible ideology. Right?

OR you can admit that it's not a matter of the ideology being actually credible. It's a matter of whether it takes deep root among a significant fraction of the population if not answered forcefully. You see the same thing in the creation-evolution squabble, church-state separation, and homeopathy-scientifically rigorous medicine and such. Or attacking Holocaust deniers. You even see it battles over political ideology.

This is because all throughout history, even in well-educated (by millenia-long standards) modern times, profound errors of judgment can take root - and even become the basis of entire ideologies. So yes, people and whole institutions will challenge viewpoints that seem to present a credible threat to our society.

I mean, Sandy Hook portrayed as a conspiracy - enough said.

Old 06-05-2019, 01:31 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,758,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
BREAKING -- Going after Alex Jones/INFOWARS, cost Facebook and Google 137 Billion in losses, according to InfoWars

Funny how Jones never mentions how much IW pays its lawyers to pursue these useless lawsuits. But I guess they gotta do something to keep their donations flowing.

Old 06-05-2019, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Big Tech is now facing the scrutiny of Congress and the world is taking notice as the battle against censorship goes to the next level.

https://www.infowars.com/breaking-bi...investigation/

President Trump is now cracking down on Big tech and their stock prices now reflect the turmoil ahead for the tyrannical organizations. Attorney Robert Barnes joins Alex in-studio to discuss this breaking news and reveal why Trump finally took action.

https://www.infowars.com/watch/?vide...6f440013289d8a
Yes, these companies may get broken up, and I sure wouldn't cry if they were. But that doesn't mean that the new, smaller companies would lose their right to determine for themselves what they will allow. It would just mean that if, say, IW wanted to fund a new AllNuts platform, it would be a lot easier for them to get a toe hold in the marketplace. And I wouldn't cry about that, either.

Old 06-05-2019, 01:39 PM

Quote:

So you only think something is true if there is resistance to it?

That's a novel approach to determining factual validity. I guess you think OJ was innocent then.

Old 06-05-2019, 01:44 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,416,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
https://www.infowars.com/watch-alex-jones-show/

Robert Barnes discussing it now, with the Big-Tech lawsuits and election meddling investigation.

www.BarnesLawLLP.com
You fell for fake news.

Old 06-05-2019, 01:45 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,622,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
You fell for fake news.
He promotes fake news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies