Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2019, 12:01 PM

27,835 posts, read 28,964,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Reagan, Bush Sr, Clinton, GWB, Obama, Trump

Meh, they're all just meh to me.
Reagan helped tear down the Berlin Wall and end the Evil Empire and communism in Europe.

Nothing meh about that.

Old 06-08-2019, 12:05 PM

8,829 posts, read 10,307,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Reagan helped tear down the Berlin Wall and end the Evil Empire and communism in Europe.

Nothing meh about that.
Thats fine, but I was born about 6 months before he left office. Barely qualifying as "lifetime".

Old 06-08-2019, 01:39 PM

623 posts, read 235,384 times
Oversampled leftists as usual. Another meaningless poll.

Old 06-08-2019, 02:00 PM

15,060 posts, read 6,225,341 times
No surprise there. Obama was a good President.

Old 06-08-2019, 02:07 PM

2,486 posts, read 831,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
Based on what? What did he do for this country or it’s citizens that will be remembered decades from now?

If I were a Millenial I'd praise him for getting us out of the recession. The problem is that I am a boomer, so I know what a REAL recovery is as I lived through three of them.

I don't know why Trump is even being discussed here. He is only in his 3rd year. We still have 2-6 years to add him to such a list.

For me 3 best 3 worst:
Reagan
JFK

Both of these men were interchangeable in philosophy.

and Clinton in his second term when he went to the middle.

-

Johnson by far the worst because he pushed Viet Nam and killed millions of people for no reason other than money.
Nixon, because he was a total skuzz!
Carter who was a fool.

From 1963-1980 we had horrible Presidents, I know because I was there.

GWB and Obama are interchangeable. Nothing changed from one to the other. Between the two they went on a spending spree and quadrupled the national debt in just 16 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post

Nothing meh about that.

Nothing meh at all about that.
Unfortunately an entire generation has no clue what that evil empire was about and now they want it here. Most profs are Marxists so they have only good things to say about the USSR. So sad!

Last edited by Originalist; 06-08-2019 at 02:16 PM..

Old 06-08-2019, 02:49 PM

692 posts, read 518,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
undoubtedly a poll directed at Obama supporters. let's see what they think in 24 months.

they surveyed only 2002 adults. there are more than that in my subdivision alone.
Nope. Sorry! Disagree.

They must have only asked people between the age of 12 and 19 because the best president in my lifetime so far has been Bill Clinton followed by George H.W Bush.

Old 06-09-2019, 05:33 AM

3,873 posts, read 4,106,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
And let's not forget they DIDN'T give Trump the Nobel Peace Prize for..........well, nothing - in spite of his people lobbying for it.

Ken
But, obama DID get it...…………..why?

Old 06-09-2019, 07:53 AM

8,325 posts, read 3,976,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
Based on what? What did he do for this country or it’s citizens that will be remembered decades from now?
While I'm not sure I'd rank him #1, Obama's legacy is that he worked hard to ensure that there would actually BE a free society left here in the USA to remember at all decades from now. Obama understood the rule of law and the Constitution at a very deep level. Contrast that with the current President who is doing everything in his power to destroy what we worked toward for hundreds of years.

Trump does not have a clue and could not care less. Then consider the millions of fools that are following him down the path that don't have a clue either.

Old 06-09-2019, 07:57 AM

20,364 posts, read 9,241,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
While I'm not sure I'd rank him #1, Obama's legacy is that he worked hard to ensure that there would actually BE a free society left here in the USA to remember at all decades from now. Contrast that with the current President who is doing everything in his power to destroy what we worked toward for hundreds of years. Obama understood the rule of law and the Constitution at a very deep level. Contrast that with Trump who does not have a clue and could not care less.
worked hard? last thing I remember was him saying he has a phone and a pen to get things done.

Is that understanding why his AG was held in contempt of Congress?

Old 06-09-2019, 08:09 AM

26,692 posts, read 14,642,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
While I'm not sure I'd rank him #1, Obama's legacy is that he worked hard to ensure that there would actually BE a free society left here in the USA to remember at all decades from now. Obama understood the rule of law and the Constitution at a very deep level. Contrast that with the current President who is doing everything in his power to destroy what we worked toward for hundreds of years.

Trump does not have a clue and could not care less. Then consider the millions of fools that are following him down the path that don't have a clue either.
I present you the real Russian Collusion.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies