Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2019, 09:00 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,544,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
IN FULL CONTEXT Biden's quote from last week was: “A lot of you understand what loss is and when loss occurs, you know that people come up to you and tell you ‘I understand’ if you lose a husband, a wife, a son, a daughter, a family member,” he said. “That’s why I’ve worked so hard in my career to make sure that — I promise you if I’m elected president, you’re going to see the single most important thing that changes America, we’re going to cure cancer.”

The OP and a lot of this thread sound as cruel and misinformed and perplexing as the words of Donald Trump Jr. last night as he mocked Joe Biden for saying he wants to cure cancer. Remember this is an issue Biden has focused on since losing a son to brain cancer in 2015. The former vice president also leads a national effort on eradicating cancer, known as the “Cancer Moonshot.” Biden has also launched the Biden Cancer Initiative, which seeks to build on the work of the government effort.

Then this punk, Junior, outrageously mocks a lifelong public servant who has a very deeply personal reason for his aspirational words. Cruel is the only way to describe it!

“What was the good one last week?” Trump Jr. told the crowd at the rally. “Remember? Joe Biden comes out, ‘Well, if you elect me president, I’m going to cure cancer.’ Wow, why the hell didn’t you do that over the last 50 years, Joe?”

I wonder if ignorant Don Jr even knows, by today, that the very words he mocked are ones his Dad copied and boasted about as his very own ideas, last night?

Last night President Trump stated: "We will come up with the cures to many, many problems, to many, many diseases — including cancer and others, and we’re getting closer all the time.”
In his speech, Trump also pledged to “eradicate AIDS in America once and for all.”

I guess it is true: "you can't fix stupid".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2019, 09:40 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,332,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
So only Donald Trump being in the White House prevents a cure for cancer?

Why the heck didn't BO and Joe do it when they were in the White House?

There isn't going to be a cure for cancer anything soon. No one really knows what really causes cancer. All these Joe Biden stories seems suspect, Putin is really helping Donald Trump in 2019!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies