Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2019, 02:03 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,144,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
I'm and old school conservative. I'm not in the rhino Trump camp... Trump is liberal by fiscal policy.
Oh ok, thought Rhinos were the other way around..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2019, 04:00 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,861,829 times
White Christian men in all positions of authority, gays back in the closet, women back in the kitchen, brown people back on their side of the tracks out of sight and out of mind, and a Bible in every classroom. That's the America 40% of the population want to force on us all.

Old 06-28-2019, 04:22 AM

23,677 posts, read 17,369,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
The country has shipped out so many jobs for so long that small business suffered.

Under Trump the cost of doing business is cheaper, and the work has been rolling on optimism ever since the election.

But......the giant conglomerates will make more than ever in the stock market and we will hear about disparity as well as CEO incomes.

Can't defend it. Its way out of synch. We talked about cost of living and public sector income verses private. You would need the public sector to not take a raise for a decade and small business/ entrepreneurship to over take big corporations.

Like making it here being cheaper than shipping a product around the world.

If that's not possible do we have a chance? Will it take a 12yr GOOD Republican president run like Reagan or too far gone?
the magic recipe was to take one Obama administration, discard it and replace with a competent admin who deals in reality!!!!!

Old 06-28-2019, 04:26 AM

12,002 posts, read 5,931,696 times
Guess those Americans are clueless that CEOs of companies worldwide make just as much as American CEOs. I think it's outraqeous too - but it's not just a US thing.

Old 06-28-2019, 07:15 AM

2,180 posts, read 644,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
White Christian men in all positions of authority, gays back in the closet, women back in the kitchen, brown people back on their side of the tracks out of sight and out of mind, and a Bible in every classroom. That's the America 40% of the population want to force on us all.

LOL, the left wing actually thinks this is what people anywhere to the right of bernie sanders want.

Meanwhile the majority of America is just tired of your left wing bull****, and is enjoying having a job and the first increases in wages in a long time. It's the economy, stupids.

Nobody cares about the things leftists care about. Americans don't want to give healthcare to illegals, veritable open borders, or reparations to black people, or free everything.

You think they do, because the media is left wing and focuses on whatever the 1% of 1% on twitter cares about. But they don't. They think you're crazy. You're not mainstream.

America is just not that into you, or your way of thinking, bawac. Your politics are unpalatable and your party's histrionics (including your assessment of what "40% of the country" wants, above) are off-putting to more Americans than even the most brash and belligerent President we've probably ever had.

How you like them apples?

Old 06-28-2019, 11:08 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,048,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post

As much as I'd love the bolded I'd probably die. My woman can't cook... I'm not sure there is even any hope for her.

Old 06-28-2019, 01:45 PM

5,124 posts, read 2,186,564 times
The secret recipe is the Democrats having such weak sauce of a political platform. Shhhhhhhhhhh. Don't tell them, they might just figure this out. Ah on second thought, no they won't

Old 06-28-2019, 02:00 PM

20,944 posts, read 8,737,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
If you're going to classify me with "you guys", you should identify that classification. Do you mean Americans? Lawyers?
Maybe alt-right and fossil fuel loving Texans???

Since my daughter is a lawyer and engineer (and very liberal), we certainly couldn't put lawyers in any particular boxes.....except those we sell out and know it.

Old 06-28-2019, 02:09 PM

20,944 posts, read 8,737,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Guess those Americans are clueless that CEOs of companies worldwide make just as much as American CEOs. I think it's outraqeous too - but it's not just a US thing.
I can assume you that the Director (what they call a CEO) of a large Danish heating equipment maker didn't bring home the equiv. of 250K a year (in 1992). He lived in what we'd call a split-level and paid 50% in taxes and was happy to do so.

Maybe you are talking about Mitch McConnels wive's Chinese and Taiwan family or new money billionaires and bigwigs, but the normal 50-100 million dollars company CEO's don't have the private jets like some of our do.

"The average pay for a CEO is DKK 1,219,206 a year and DKK 586 an hour in Denmark. The average salary range for a CEO is between DKK 739,826 and DKK 2,049,702."

(that's less than 200K or thereabouts).

US CEO's pay tiny amounts in taxes, which is one reason our debt and deficit are so large.

"CEO pay is quickly outpacing yours. In 2016, the CEOs of the top 350 U.S. firms earned on average $15.6 million."

If you want a chart - like for like - here you go:
https://www.equilar.com/press-releas...the-globe.html

USA is #1. Less in taxes and more in pay......a million in Japan, 4 million in France - and 15 Miillion in the USA.

Hopefully this will allow you to update your talking point and decide who is or isn't clueless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies