Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2019, 10:36 PM

46,961 posts, read 25,998,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
30 years ago=1989
40 years ago=1979
50 years ago=1969

No black people drank from separate fountains in these years.
Mississippi had to be ordered by the Supreme Court to desegregate their schools in 1969.

Quote:
However in these years traditional values were still fully intact
Having had the blacks taken away, you could still kick the gays. Go you.

Old 06-30-2019, 10:58 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,400,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
I'd like to see Vladimir Putin pushed off the top of a 50-story building by Drag Queens.
Why only 50 stories?

Old 07-01-2019, 12:17 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,529,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
So you think America of 30, 40, 50 years ago was a pseudo dictatorship? Social pressure traditionally kept immortality at bay. Only in the era of PC and SJWs has the social value system changed to allow these things. I want it to go back to the way it was.
You must understand that is never going to happen? Young people in our country overwhelmingly accept and affirm gay people and reject this idea that someone is “immoral” because they refuse to be ashamed be be their true self. The days of our society “discouraging” homosexuality and other variants of sexuality and gender are over. The U.S. will continue to become a more secular society in the future. While there continues to be inequality, this too will change as younger folks take control.

Old 07-01-2019, 03:29 AM

4,905 posts, read 2,058,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
So basically gays need to go back in the closet and get arrested if they come out? And why? Because it offends the Christian Right? At least you are being honest about it.

I wish more Republicans would just be honest that they want a fundamentalist Christian totalitarian state with zero tolerance for anyone who doesn't follow or questions the norms set by the church. I wish Republicans would be honest and admit they hate the U.S. Constitution and want a society ruled by the Bible.

Is there any question why most people think Republicans are homophobic?
Dude/dudet... Chill out!! You're good in the USA, just don't go to Russia!! Case and point, I'm American with a Jewish sirname, do you think I'm in a hurry to go to Suadi Arabia, Pakistan or Iran?? The answer is no. And if you're gay, you might want to stay away from the Middle East as well.

So!! In the big picture, how bad is it really in the USA for gay people today in 2019?

Btw, I'll let you in on a little secret... Nobody really cares if people are gay or straight or whatever!! Live your life and be happy.

Peace out!!

Old 07-01-2019, 06:32 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
Dude/dudet... Chill out!! You're good in the USA, just don't go to Russia!! Case and point, I'm American with a Jewish sirname, do you think I'm in a hurry to go to Suadi Arabia, Pakistan or Iran?? The answer is no. And if you're gay, you might want to stay away from the Middle East as well.

So!! In the big picture, how bad is it really in the USA for gay people today in 2019?

Btw, I'll let you in on a little secret... Nobody really cares if people are gay or straight or whatever!! Live your life and be happy.

Peace out!!
Rec drug users and even many with scripts will want to stay away from the Middle East and Russia also - but especially the Middle East. Between that and the Gay Community that should keep about 1/2 of Americans or more outa there!

Old 07-01-2019, 06:41 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Completely wrong.

Very few actually do this (speaking as a gay person).

Instead, your perception is colored because those that do usually get the more sensationalist media coverage. In fact that is one reason many seem to do it.
Some truth there. But, as a non-gay liberal, I must say the Media definitely overdoes it and they have the backing of part (or a lot) of the gay community. Let's at least be real.

I'd say an "off" percentage of the news I turn on...on my Sirius radio or NPR, etc. is gay related. I was at the beach last week with my 8 year old and the radio was on and a woman being interviewed very loudly said "I'm a ***** woman" or something of the sort. My 8 year old asked me what that was.

She knows all about two moms and two pops and everything else, but having the woman on the radio say "*****" confused her.

Not a critique, but the bark is definitely loud....and there is probably less reason it needs to be as many (most?) rights have been acknowledged. I would feel the same if every time I turned on the radio I heard "Say it loud, I'm black and I'm proud" or "The White Race is responsible for the modern world"....or anything of the sort.

Everything in moderation. My take is that we should have a Pride Week, not a Pride Month. Or even a long weekend. That more accurately reflects both the percentage of the population and the current issues at hand.

Yeah, I know....a radical liberal shouldn't say this. I won't say it ruined my day to have my 8 year old questioning what the woman meant......and maybe I missed the beginning of the program and they could have warned parents about the content (they do that quite often)....

But I do understand the other side. Now that we are 90% of the way there, maybe it's time to tone down the rhetoric...not to "shut down" anyone, but for political AND social acceptance. I don't care who people love or what they do in the bedroom, but I still don't want to explain to my 8 year old (yet) if a woman on the radio says she got a penis installed. It's bad enough that the YT vids I showed her started with a commercial with a guy pouring powder down the front of his pants and talking about his balls. Yes, they have that....it's actually funny and we both were laughing, but still.....

IMHO, discretion is most always the better part of Valor.
(note - this type of issue will never cause me to vote one way or the other...I understand rights and backlashes and social movements, etc. and this is the way they work)

Old 07-01-2019, 06:46 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
It sad when the leader of a country like Russia makes more sense than Democrats, our Media, the Progressives, Education and their corporate masters. Sad, very sad.
Indeed it is. And equally sad that so many Americans today are so easily rounded up and corralled.

Old 07-01-2019, 06:51 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,584,601 times
I think it is the vocal, radical element of LGBT (which are a minority) that is doing their own community a disservice. Part of it was bringing Trans into their group. Gays and Lesbians are very, very different from Trans which are very few in number. This vocal minority are militant, want special rights and the ability to make children think LGBT is NORMAL, and has number far more greater than they actually do.

All the Pride Parades, parading kids in drag, the over the top nudity, government promotion (libraries, schools, etc.) and public sex acts is hurting their cause. In addition, the general public is getting tired of the promotion and glorification of LGBT by the MEDIA, Entertainment, and big Corps. It is pervasive, and unnecessary to the point where you just have to turn off all MEDIA not to be bombarded with it.

Old 07-01-2019, 07:02 AM

9,471 posts, read 10,808,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
You must understand that is never going to happen? Young people in our country overwhelmingly accept and affirm gay people and reject this idea that someone is “immoral” because they refuse to be ashamed be be their true self. The days of our society “discouraging” homosexuality and other variants of sexuality and gender are over. The U.S. will continue to become a more secular society in the future. While there continues to be inequality, this too will change as younger folks take control.
The millennial generation is leftist, dedicated to SJW causes and supports your beliefs......I do not deny this. There are however reports out there that the generation beneath the millennials that makes up today’s teens could develop into a very conservative generation. When you think how they have been force fed political correctness you see the potential for them to rebel against it. If these reports are correct then the leftists millennial dream will die a quick death. Millennials DO NOT own this country and many out there are already resisting what you are trying to do. The election of 16 was evidence of that fact.

Old 07-01-2019, 07:03 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,353,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Some truth there. But, as a non-gay liberal, I must say the Media definitely overdoes it and they have the backing of part (or a lot) of the gay community. Let's at least be real.

I'd say an "off" percentage of the news I turn on...on my Sirius radio or NPR, etc. is gay related. I was at the beach last week with my 8 year old and the radio was on and a woman being interviewed very loudly said "I'm a ***** woman" or something of the sort. My 8 year old asked me what that was.

She knows all about two moms and two pops and everything else, but having the woman on the radio say "*****" confused her.

Not a critique, but the bark is definitely loud....and there is probably less reason it needs to be as many (most?) rights have been acknowledged. I would feel the same if every time I turned on the radio I heard "Say it loud, I'm black and I'm proud" or "The White Race is responsible for the modern world"....or anything of the sort.

Everything in moderation. My take is that we should have a Pride Week, not a Pride Month. Or even a long weekend. That more accurately reflects both the percentage of the population and the current issues at hand.

Yeah, I know....a radical liberal shouldn't say this. I won't say it ruined my day to have my 8 year old questioning what the woman meant......and maybe I missed the beginning of the program and they could have warned parents about the content (they do that quite often)....

But I do understand the other side. Now that we are 90% of the way there, maybe it's time to tone down the rhetoric...not to "shut down" anyone, but for political AND social acceptance. I don't care who people love or what they do in the bedroom, but I still don't want to explain to my 8 year old (yet) if a woman on the radio says she got a penis installed. It's bad enough that the YT vids I showed her started with a commercial with a guy pouring powder down the front of his pants and talking about his balls. Yes, they have that....it's actually funny and we both were laughing, but still.....

IMHO, discretion is most always the better part of Valor.
(note - this type of issue will never cause me to vote one way or the other...I understand rights and backlashes and social movements, etc. and this is the way they work)
Right now, I have a YouTube channel. My most popular video, but still pretty shoddily-doing video has me as a shirtless fat man in fairy wings demanding that men have attractions to other fat men's boobs because they're the same thing as women's boobs. I like to encourage this sort of thing because I feel like destroying the current culture is a step in the right direction.

Your post though, unlike the people blaming the entire LBGTQ community (the only gay people I've known almost never brought it up. One of them I worked with for a year before finding it out, and the other believed it's not necessarily a good idea to brag about orientation) gets your point across well.

I don't feel like it's the gay or LBGTQ community doing anymore of that stuff than anyone else though. Maybe it's because I only watch YouTube and never public television. I could definitely understand criticisms in general regarding radio and television content.

What really seems to get people irritated is stuff like the children's cartoon "Arthur" gay wedding, that didn't show kissing or anything, just their teacher walking down the isle, briefly, with another guy.

Meanwhile, on public television I used to watch Beavis and Butthead play frog baseball, talk about scoring, attack innocent people, and poison foods on a daily basis. For some reason that's fine now, and Arthur's inappropriate. It's fine that Homer strangles Bart. All that's fine. I don't see many people complaining about South Park...despite that show containing, pretty much every revolting concept possible. What's really going to destroy the world is PBS showing a brief snippet of a gay wedding in a children's cartoon, with no kissing, according to much of society.

I could maybe understanding wanting NPR to be more cautious. I can't think of many educational sources that are somewhat kid-appropriate that are easy to find besides PBS.

I empathize with your criticisms...but I still like the idea of destroying culture and replacing it with a lot more hedonistic nihilism, because I don't feel like the good stuff outweighs the bad right now.

Last edited by Clintone; 07-01-2019 at 07:18 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies