Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2019, 03:26 PM

15,092 posts, read 8,636,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
So let's see. A Representative from New York is, as a member of the House of Representatives, investigating a matter that should matter to all Americans; and finds a problem, and reports it to all Americans.

I'm not seeing a problem here. What should she have done? Stay silent and ignore the problem, be outspoken about the problem, be barefoot and pregnant in her own home, or what? Oh, that's right; she was a bartender, so her word carries no weight in politics.

Kind of like a real estate developer's word; you know, a real estate developer who has no political experience and who has repeatedly stiffed his contractors. Like his word carries any weight. He will reverse today's remarks tomorrow anyway, while sitting on the can and tweeting. And change them again in a week. Yeah, there's a role model for Americans to follow.

AOC, as a representative of her constituents, is representing those constituents. Rightly or wrongly, she is representing those constituents as best as she can. You may not like what she has to say, but dammit, she's going to say something about what she sees in America's current political discourse in front of Congress. That's her job.
This is probably not going to make sense to you .... but I’ll try ...

The first point is the outrageously reckless and false nature of such an allegation at face value. This is the stuff of pure anti-American propagandist drivel, to wit no American should defend. It is certainly unbecoming of an American political official to spew such nonsense. Yet, its not surprising, given the source. Just about everything that comes out of that nitwit’s mouth is inane drivel. But this goes over the line, and she ought to be removed from congress on the grounds of being a domestic enemy.

The second point is, she serves herself up to any and all enemies of the United States of America as a perfect propaganda tool, which might predictably be used in the effort to incite violence and harm against America.

Finally, she is just a disgusting idiot that is not qualified to represent anyone, since she cannot even manage to represent herself in a marginally dignified manner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2019, 03:31 PM

15,092 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Good for you! I'm sure you were upset when Obama did it too, right?

What should we do instead? Where would you like these people to be housed?
Housed in their HOME COUNTRY .... where they belong.

Old 07-03-2019, 03:32 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
When i was working at the southern border, I've rarely seen the locals go out to protest for the right of illegal immigrants. It's always the out of towner bleeding heart liberals from back east or northwest causing trouble at the border.
Locals protest putting children in cages

"According to several national U.S. news outlets, nearly 3,000 children were separated from their families under national immigration policy in the first few months of President Donald Trump’s administration. While the president signed an executive order last summer ordering a stop to family separations, an estimated 700 more families have been separated since then. It has been widely reported children separated from their families or who arrive in the United States alone are held in detention centers in concrete cells, with little amenities or basic care or comforts."

#ClosetheCamps: Protests planned across US demanding closure of immigration detention centers

"More than 155 actions are planned for Tuesday as a nationwide protest demanding closure of what is believed to be inhumane detention centers housing tens of thousands of migrants."

Old 07-03-2019, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Housed in their HOME COUNTRY .... where they belong.
they can not leave

Republican Says Children in Migrant Facilities Can 'Leave At Anytime' But Don't Because They're 'Well Taken Care Of'

Reminds me of the Eagles song ...

Old 07-03-2019, 03:39 PM

1,349 posts, read 664,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
Youre deluding yourself to think I bothered to look. I told you I dont care but now that I know I am not entertaining the opinions of a canadian criticizing our border policy any more. I live 15 milee from the mexican border in fact at the most busy crossing in the world. What do you know about our issues here. Its just plain offensive that you think you can tell us we are wrong when youve never had to deal with any of this.
Ive been homeless for 5 years now largely because I have to compete with an estimated 750,000 illegal immigrants in the region for affordable housing. They are willing to share an apartment with 5 people, I cant work 5 jobs to compete. Our schools are flooded with students who barely speak english, their parents speak none and dont intend to. It was all bad enough a few years ago, this current flood is definitely a breaking point.

Quote:
Youre deluding yourself to think I bothered to look. I told you I dont care
Just saying that you don't care being ignorant....

Quote:
but now that I know
Good thing ! You actually LOOKED, well to deter posts not coming on your way, but at least, you did, look intelligent (wanting to learn)
Quote:
I live 15 milee from the mexican border in fact at the most busy crossing in the world. What do you know about our issues here. Its just plain offensive that you think you can tell us we are wrong when youve never had to deal with any of this.
I guess I can
Quote:
Youre deluding yourself to think I bothered to look. I told you I dont care

Baby, little baby that tries to act and look strong.... Just saying that you don't care being ignorant, keeping being thus is much more difficult ....

Quote:
but now that I know
Good thing ! You actually LOOKED, well to deter posts not coming on your way, but at least, you did.

Quote:
I live 15 milee from the mexican border in fact at the most busy crossing in the world. What do you know about our issues here. Its just plain offensive that you think you can tell us we are wrong when youve never had to deal with any of this.
I guess I can : https://www.google.com/search?q=migr...ih=625%22]also

Is your argument that they should live it as bad a you did ?

Again, what does it say about "best country in the world? "

Old 07-03-2019, 03:41 PM

14,229 posts, read 4,596,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Locals protest putting children in cages

"According to several national U.S. news outlets, nearly 3,000 children were separated from their families under national immigration policy in the first few months of President Donald Trump’s administration. While the president signed an executive order last summer ordering a stop to family separations, an estimated 700 more families have been separated since then. It has been widely reported children separated from their families or who arrive in the United States alone are held in detention centers in concrete cells, with little amenities or basic care or comforts."

#ClosetheCamps: Protests planned across US demanding closure of immigration detention centers

"More than 155 actions are planned for Tuesday as a nationwide protest demanding closure of what is believed to be inhumane detention centers housing tens of thousands of migrants."
I didn't know Newport City, Oregon is a border-town in the southern border.

Cool story though.

Old 07-03-2019, 03:51 PM

1,349 posts, read 664,019 times
Courage is fighting for the essentials.

This is fighting. And with a boat, just a boat and ideals.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-e...-idUSKCN1TW2OR

Old 07-03-2019, 03:52 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,363,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personne View Post
Just saying that you don't care being ignorant....

Good thing ! You actually LOOKED, well to deter posts not coming on your way, but at least, you did, look intelligent (wanting to learn)

I guess I can

Baby, little baby that tries to act and look strong.... Just saying that you don't care being ignorant, keeping being thus is much more difficult ....

Good thing ! You actually LOOKED, well to deter posts not coming on your way, but at least, you did.

I guess I can : https://www.google.com/search?q=migr...ih=625%22]also

Is your argument that they should live it as bad a you did ?

Again, what does it say about "best country in the world? "
Troll much? If you want progressive discourse, a good start would be to not take my comments to another user out of context.
We can talk about those people who slept on the floor of the airport in Paris for how long?
But you should pick another target, my last name is lucier.... and I dont hate the french so wont get dirty with you.
I just learned yesterday that the most important invention of both the industrial revolution and the worlds economy today, was from a frenchman in 1751. Explaining why took a while but it made sense. You know what it was?

Old 07-03-2019, 03:53 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,384,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post
The best solution was to issue any asylum seeker from Central America presenting at the border a summons to return to the border at a date certain. They can stay in Mexico where it's safe, and move freely about that country enjoying the work and temporary residence status Mexico has already agreed to give most of them.

Mexico is a safe country. They don't need to be released into the interior of the United States under the pinky swear promise they'll be back for their asylum hearing. Which, btw, 80% of them never end up showing up for. (Oh yeah, and promise that kid is actually yours and we'll give you the benefit of the doubt).

THAT'S why people have little sympathy for these people. We know they're not legitimate asylum seekers. The vast majority who actually do show up for the asylum hearings fail. The border patrol knows it. They know it. Only ones who believe the lies are the ones who have more heart than brains and are easily manipulated because they think brown people are incapable of calculating deception.

The kids? What do you want to happen? Release the kids to any adult who says they are the parent? It's not like human trafficking in minors isn't a major thing. Nah, trust them. They're so sad and so poor. And BROWN! Did we mention they're BROWN? Brown people are victims.

That's like, 90% of the problem with you clueless white Democrats and white liberals. Absolutely the most gullible people on the face of the planet. So easy to take advantage of and trust me, everyone knows it.
I can tell you right now, this is an absolute lie. There is zero truth being said here., so it is with much irony that this poster says, liberals are the clueless and gullible when conservatives, like this one, will believe any lie, told by Trump. If 80% show up, then they'll say 80% are no shows, which is actually what is going on here. The vast majority of Asylum seekers attend court, this is a known fact that anyone can easily confirm online, if you want to debate the point. The majority of migrants overall, also show up. The family program, FCMP, in particular, created under Obama, had a 100% court attendance rate. Yes, 100%. This is according to ICE!

Old 07-03-2019, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
I didn't know Newport City, Oregon is a border-town in the southern border.

Cool story though.
If protest are ongoing all across the nation in or around the detention centers as not all detention centers are located on the southern boarder, stands to reason --- locals will be joining, if not initiating them. In other words, coming to a detention center near you.

aught oh ... all the world's a critic ...

Former hostages criticise US treatment of migrant children: ‘The Taliban gave me toothpaste & soap’
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies