Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2019, 02:49 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
There were no volunteers for the parade. Not one. And yes, most of their weekend is shot.

Prove it....and no...

Quote:
Doesn’t matter when I was in. The guys that were in 60 years ago hated parades. The guys that served 40 years ago hated parades. The guys right now hated parades.

Not everyone hated parades...because you had disgust, does not mean everyone did....

Quote:
You’re a vet, and you can’t even keep it real with a fellow vet about this. You hated parade detail just as much as I did. Everyone you served with hated it just as much as you did.

Did you not understand the 75/25 analogy?

Quote:
Active duty soldiers hate all parades and change of command ceremonies. Again, we both know this. I don’t know why you’re being a damn phony on the issue. The interregnum between the time I served and when you served was only a few years. We aren’t from different military generations. Stop it.

Great, you don't understand an analogy....

There was never a parade that you agreed with? Not a single parade ever....period end of story?

Old 07-04-2019, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Will another veteran on CD step up on this thread and tell us your unit’s reaction when told about having parade and ceremonial detail?

I've stepped up, you don't like my answer...why is that?

Old 07-04-2019, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I don't even know why I took you off ignore. My bad.

Please, put me back on the ignore list, I'm tired of reading useless posts from you.....PLEASE....

Old 07-04-2019, 02:56 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Prove it....and no...

Not everyone hated parades...because you had disgust, does not mean everyone did....

Did you not understand the 75/25 analogy?

Great, you don't understand an analogy....

There was never a parade that you agreed with? Not a single parade ever....period end of story?
That I had to go on detail for? Nope. And you never marched in a parade that you liked either.

I had disgust? Disgust for what? You were never disgusted by anything you saw in the Army? Never? Everything was all good all the time?

Again, you never once served in a unit where the troops were happy to be put on parade detail. It never happened. Troops also hate flag detail, funeral detail, and every other detail.

Old 07-04-2019, 03:03 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I've stepped up, you don't like my answer...why is that?
Because you’re lying. And you were definitely not more gung ho than I was when comparing our MOS’s and the units we served in.

You were never in a unit that was as hardcore as 1/509th ABCT or 4/325 ABCT in SETAF. And we all screamed bloody murder at ANY idea of being assigned to a parade detail. We’d rather go to the damn field instead or do the ultimate pain in the ass...EIB training, than deal with a stupid parade.

You were in Aviation. Maybe you fly boys didn’t get detailed out like that which is why you don’t care. You’d rather appease Trump’s lame ass than have empathy with the troops who hate this crap.

Old 07-04-2019, 03:05 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Many are dinging Trump for the celebration saying he is boosting his ego.

July 4th Celebration 2016...

Kendrick Lamar to Perform July 4th Concert at White House

In December, Obama revealed that Lamar’s To Pimp a Butterfly standout “How Much a Dollar Cost” was his favorite song of 2015. A month later, Lamar visited the Oval Office to talk to POTUS to promote the Pay It Forward program, which encourages the mentoring of inner city youth.

Sounds like Obama wanted to entertain himself.

However extravagant Trump gets with these things, at least the country is getting some love today.

Old 07-04-2019, 03:08 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Who wouldn't like dressing up in hot clothes and standing on cement and asphalt in one of the places known for horrible heat and humidity at this time of year?

We had to do one big one a year in Military School and we definitely hated that. But the Band Members (they were specially treated) loved it. That was their gig.

Old 07-04-2019, 03:13 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,524,730 times
Quote:
Will another veteran on CD step up on this thread and tell us your unit’s reaction when told about having parade and ceremonial detail?
We marched in one and felt very proud.

Old 07-04-2019, 03:15 PM

Quote:
That I had to go on detail for? Nope. And you never marched in a parade that you liked either.

I've already stated it was 75/25....do you need to continue your useless rant on how I feel?

Quote:
I had disgust? Disgust for what?

If you don't know, then why are you even responding to my posts?

Quote:
You were never disgusted by anything you saw in the Army?

Here you go folks, ole' little dd is now changing the subject....WOW....AMAzing....no not really....

Of course I have been disgusted....but is that what we are talking about? No.

Quote:
Never? Everything was all good all the time?
See above, you are changing the subject.....

Quote:
Again, you never once served in a unit where the troops were happy to be put on parade detail. It never happened. Troops also hate flag detail, funeral detail, and every other detail.

Did you even read what I posted? Better yet, did you even comprehend what I posted?

As a NCO that was on funeral detail and flag detail, I was not made at being on them, but I did them without disgust...

And as an NCO that was in charge of Funeral Detail, I took great pride in those I trained for the 21 gun salute....

Not sure if you were ever on the funeral detail, but it seems, that if you were, you hated putting Soldiers to rest. Seems about right for you little dd.....expected, not really, shocked....NOPE, not anymore.....

Old 07-04-2019, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Because you’re lying. And you were definitely not more gung ho than I was when comparing our MOS’s and the units we served in.

I'm not lying. Sorry, but because you hated the military, is not my fault.

Quote:
You were never in a unit that was as hardcore as 1/509th ABCT or 4/325 ABCT in SETAF. And we all screamed bloody murder at ANY idea of being assigned to a parade detail. We’d rather go to the damn field instead or do the ultimate pain in the ass...EIB training, than deal with a stupid parade.

LOL 2/4 CAV, based out of Savannah GA.......as opposed to a unit based out of where???? Italy?

Quote:
You were in Aviation. Maybe you fly boys didn’t get detailed out like that which is why you don’t care.

No we cared....but....we had to do things like take care of helicopters, and make sure we kept them in shape to deploy people such as you that did not have the qualifications that I did, and others that took care of helicopters.......

Quote:
You’d rather appease Trump’s lame ass than have empathy with the troops who hate this crap.

What does this have to do with anything we are talking about? Ohhh...never mind, you hate trump.....nothing more nothing less....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies