Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2019, 06:42 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,682,105 times

Advertisements

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.65d2b9a175c5

From the true official source - fed:
"the average American family has yet to recover fully from the 2008 financial crisis, the Federal Reserve found"

"Boshara, of the St. Louis Fed, pointed out that credit card and auto loan delinquencies have risen this year, the opposite of what Wall Street expected in good economic times."

"In discussions with 30 Americans unable to pay all of their bills, a clear pattern emerged: Most were able to eke by until they faced an unexpected crisis such as a job loss, cancer, car trouble or storm damage.

Economists fear such precarious financial situations put many Americans at risk if there is even a mild setback in the economy, potentially setting up the next recession to be worse than anything in recent history except the Great Recession."

“We are headed toward a political crisis, if not an economic one.”

Hey, I'm doing fine.....but that was never the question here. The concern was always the "forgotten Americans" of whom it was claimed they will WIN so much they will get tired of winning. They are getting tired all right....

"As a nurse’s aide, she makes above Ohio’s $8.55-an-hour minimum wage but not much over $10" - that's in Ohio, the place where MAGA was supposed to be centered. $10 an hour......and she is getting VERY tired.
"“I’m 25, but I feel like I am in my late 30s,”"

Meanwhile, 2 Billion dollar bombers are putting on a display in DC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2019, 06:48 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,223,962 times
Why not study and become the nurse instead of the aid? The aid is not supposed to make much, but it shouldn't be a permanent position.

Old 07-04-2019, 06:52 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Same as under Obama and all those before Trump. How much of this is self inflicted? How many of those who can't pay their bills did it to themselves? How many financed their way into a bottomless pit of debt? Gotta have the latest cellphone, new care etc.

How many are hurt by the Fed failing to do their jobs? How many were lowballed out of their trades by illegals?

How many were made poor because US trade agreements made it so profitable for manufacturing to leave the country?

The OP can try to blame Trump but these are problems that he inherited. The cans that both parties have been kicking down the road.

Old 07-04-2019, 06:55 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
At 25, if she's only making $8.85 an hour she has done something wrong. She's either failed to get a little better education at the Community College, done drugs or getting a late start in her working career.

There are many sides to stories.

The below has always been true. Even in the 50's, 70's and 90's. Many Americans would always hurt due to these factors.

Quote:
"In discussions with 30 Americans unable to pay all of their bills, a clear pattern emerged: Most were able to eke by until they faced an unexpected crisis such as a job loss, cancer, car trouble or storm damage.

Economists fear such precarious financial situations put many Americans at risk if there is even a mild setback in the economy, potentially setting up the next recession to be worse than anything in recent history except the Great Recession."

Old 07-04-2019, 06:56 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,968,766 times
40% pay for their drugs and games with phones.
bills?

Old 07-04-2019, 06:58 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,695,142 times
The average American is also materialistic, spoiled & buys things he/she does not need. What Americans think a necessity is non Americans would laugh about.

I'd love to see all these people who can not pay their bills not check one of the following:

Having a child out of wedlock before financially being able to care for one.
Being in major debt because of going to a 4 year college instead of a 2 year first.
Having a brand new car in the last 5 years.

Spending over 40% of there income on things that are not necessities. I.e. smart phone, brand name clothes, shoes, cigs, alcohol.

Old 07-04-2019, 07:02 PM

46,311 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post

"the average American family has yet to recover fully from the 2008 financial crisis, the Federal Reserve found"

"Boshara, of the St. Louis Fed, pointed out that credit card and auto loan delinquencies have risen this year, the opposite of what Wall Street expected in good economic times."

Hey, I'm doing fine.....but that was never the question here. The concern was always the "forgotten Americans" of whom it was claimed they will WIN so much they will get tired of winning. They are getting tired all right....

"As a nurse’s aide, she makes above Ohio’s $8.55-an-hour minimum wage but not much over $10" - that's in Ohio, the place where MAGA was supposed to be centered. $10 an hour......and she is getting VERY tired.

Where are these bombers you talk of? Be specific......really.....

Old 07-04-2019, 07:04 PM

20,114 posts, read 9,028,155 times
Quote:

she sounds lazy, health field is booming. At 25, she needs to get more training, better pay. It's up to her, not me.

Old 07-04-2019, 07:06 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Why not study and become the nurse instead of the aid? The aid is not supposed to make much, but it shouldn't be a permanent position.

I see them every day.

They clean the equipment that I repair while I get paid three times what they do.

Any one of them could develop the skills needed for my job, but they won't.

They are stuck where they are because they don't want to put in the effort to move ahead.

Old 07-04-2019, 07:07 PM

18,498 posts, read 9,167,872 times
Quote:

Capitalism works until all of the wealth is transferred to the very top. At that point, the bottom 99% have nothing to spend, and the whole house of cards collapses. Then you get guys like Hitler, Mussolini, and Stalin.

History is repeating itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies