Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2019, 10:39 AM

4,336 posts, read 1,555,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
It was more televised national embarrasment.
Only for America haters.

Old 07-06-2019, 10:40 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Believe it or not there was a celebration of the 4th in NYC with fireworks sponsored by Macy’s , no military parade no 50 minute speech by DeBlasio. Just pure entertainment
Believe it or not, there were fireworks displays all over the USA. Just pure entertainment.
I don’t begrudge any of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Great, glad to hear it.
Please notice no republicans or their media are whining, complaining, cursing, or becoming outraged, violent, or vulgar over it.
Exactly ... the President of the United .states decided to add a Patriotic and History component to the Nations Capital to celebrate the National Independence Birthday. Not just the “entertainment “, but a reminder of why we have the “entertainment”.

Normal People can’t help but wonder WHY National Patriotism is such an Outrage to a Political Party.
No one was forced to attend. No one was forced to watch or listen. Media was not forced to show it (and most didn’t). Those that wanted just pure “entertainment “ got it. The Hostility toward Normal People and the President is almost beyond belief. All of this over a speech about why we Celebrate (or at least some of us) our Independence Day.

Old 07-06-2019, 10:45 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Believe it or not, there were fireworks displays all over the USA. Just pure entertainment.
I don’t begrudge any of them.
And many of these smaller towns and cities feature military equipment, veterans, National Guard, etc. Yet nobody complains about that.

Quote:
Exactly ... the President of the United .states decided to add a Patriotic and History component to the Nations Capital to celebrate the National Independence Birthday. Not just the “entertainment “, but a reminder of why we have the “entertainment”.

Normal People can’t help but wonder WHY National Patriotism is such an Outrage to a Political Party.
No one was forced to attend. No one was forced to watch or listen. Media was not forced to show it (and most didn’t). Those that wanted just pure “entertainment “ got it. The Hostility toward Normal People and the President is almost beyond belief. All of this over a speech about why we Celebrate (or at least some of us) our Independence Day.
I don't get it either. Now they are calling Patriotism "White Nationalism" and calling it Racist! It is the systematic deprogramming of people to be proud of their own country and to respect its fellow CITIZENS. Weird.

Old 07-06-2019, 10:50 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,693,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I am from Philadelphia, so I know what the date is about. However, we call it INDEPENDENCE Day and not only celebrate the document, but our military victory over England to win Independence. I currently live near where the Battle of Brandywine was fought. We lost. The British then occupied Philadelphia, and Washington and the Continental Army went to Valley Forge. I know a lot about our history, yet you ignore the fact what we actually celebrate on July 4th.

You fail reality, Dude?

Just another SJW Trump hater, huh?
Then you know that the celebration in Philadelphia centers around Independence Hall, not the battle sites. The battle of Germantown is remembered in October. The battle of Red Bank is remembered in October. The celebration on the 4th doesn't center on Fort Mifflin, or Washington's crossing. It's Independence Hall.

Old 07-06-2019, 10:51 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Then you know that the celebration in Philadelphia centers around Independence Hall, not the battle sites. The battle of Germantown is remembered in October. The battle of Red Bank is remembered in October. The celebration on the 4th doesn't center on Fort Mifflin, or Washington's crossing. It's Independence Hall.
This doesn't have anything to do with what you are responding to.

Old 07-06-2019, 11:06 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,693,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
This doesn't have anything to do with what you are responding to.
Yes it does.

Old 07-06-2019, 11:13 AM

27,570 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
It's the same reason they have no problem letting illegal foreigners flood into this country.

The terms "anti-" and "American" come to mind.

Old 07-06-2019, 11:15 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Yes it does.
How so? Just because the venue is Independence Hall, doesn't mean they can't celebrate the victory over the British. You get that if that had not happened, there wouldn't be a celebration?

Old 07-06-2019, 11:34 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
NO, I don’t see “anti-American” threads,

Then you are blind or just don't care, which is it?

Quote:
only Right Wingers accusing people of that because some-one posts anti-Trump. They are not the same thing, by a long shot.

So, you just don't care about these threads....great....sad, but if makes you feel better.....

Quote:
Anti-Trump is actually Pro-American.

Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Next.....

Old 07-06-2019, 11:36 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:

I stated that the bonespur thing was well known to be used by the rich. I also stated that being a student qualified a male for a deferment. Those are facts, not complaints.

Not just the rich.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies