Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2019, 10:52 AM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
And all this doom and gloom put forth by Democrats they still can't come up with a platform that represents these people's needs. Last thing they want is to be turned into Baltimore.

That says more about the bleating of crazed and loony Democrats than anything else.

Correct?
Trump is the one who told them without stuttering that he was going to bring their jobs back. Then again, I guess if they were stupid enough to vote for him after that lie, they are probably too stupid to remember he screwed them.

Old 07-31-2019, 10:53 AM

57,323 posts, read 26,245,816 times
This cant be true, I recall Trump doing a photo op with the cola miners in 2017 for an XO signing claiming that coal was coming back.

Old 07-31-2019, 10:58 AM

36,557 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
That's what we liberals have been telling the right-wingers....

Seems to me its the liberals that keep talking and talking and talking about Trump's campaign promises and coal jobs, not the right wingers.

Old 07-31-2019, 11:07 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,879,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Seems to me its the liberals that keep talking and talking and talking about Trump's campaign promises and coal jobs, not the right wingers.
Probably because deep down, right wingers know they were conned. If they don't realize it by now they are mind-numbingly stupid. Or they care nothing about the country and/or their own precarious financial situations, as long as Trump is "sticking it to the evil libruls."

Either way, mind-numbingly stupid.

Old 07-31-2019, 11:35 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,240,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
And all this doom and gloom put forth by Democrats they still can't come up with a platform that represents these people's needs. Last thing they want is to be turned into Baltimore.

That says more about the bleating of crazed and loony Democrats than anything else.

Correct?

The liberal blue states are literally swimming in jobs and economic prosperity. What more platform does the right-wing needs to see?

Hillary has a job retraining program that would help miners acquire skills to work the modern higher paid jobs. Again, what more platform does the right-wing need??

The problem with the Right is that they don't want to learn new skill, they want prosperity but scoff at the higher cost of living that comes with prosperity, they want things that are next to impossible. So they vote for a guy who lies right to their faces and defend him even after none of the promises came to fruition.

There are many counties in red states that would make Baltimore looks like paradise.

Old 07-31-2019, 11:38 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,240,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Exactly!!

Because none of the promises about coal came true. None. Zero. Nada. In fact, coal has gotten worse.

If there is one little shred of silver lining on coal, Trump would be the first to tweet about his brilliance and the right-wing will all jump in and say coal is back!!

The fact that the right is completely silence on this matter speaks volume. But I don't expect you to understand this.

Old 07-31-2019, 11:46 AM

6,998 posts, read 2,715,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Remember when all those protesters where blocking the highway in Minnesota over the cop shooting a black motorist. And all these right wingers were saying people should run over these unlawful protesters.

Where are they now condemning these coal miners? Calling for them to be run over by the trains.
The coal miners are actually owned money from the coal company. The protesters blocking traffic in Minnesota had no cause of action. They are just troublemakers.

Old 07-31-2019, 11:49 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,687,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Don't be stupid.
No one believed coal jobs were coming back; no one believed Trump was going to release his tax returns; no one believed Mexico was going to pay for The Wall.
No one believed any of that, and no one is surprised and outraged that it didn't happen. Trump just said it to shut Libs up long enough to be voted in.
It worked.
This is simply not true. You are making it up out of whole cloth. I could show you interviews (podcasts), multiple threads here and thousands of examples of people believing all those things.....

OTOH, you seem to be bragging the ability to lie to ALL Americans as well as the world is the #1 positive factor for an American office holder. That's amazing in itself.

I can assure you many people thought the coal jobs were coming back. Many believed Mexico was going to be billed for the Wall.....by stealing money being sent back, by the Great Deal Maker himself, by busting all the cartels and taking their money or by dozens of other methods.

As you well know, if even 10% of Trump voters (and the number is much higher) believed all this BS, that would have swung the election.

So what you are really saying is that enough Trump voters were totally ignorant of his lies....to elect him. That's not something I would brag about, but to each his own.

Old 07-31-2019, 11:49 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,489,236 times
My dad was from the county where the protest occurred. Population declined from 80k in 1940 to 25k now. To get a better job you have to move 1 to 2 hours away. Most people lack education needed to make similar money outside mining. Such people are running out of options and the anger is real. Mining pays great but automation gas eliminated nearly all its jobs

Old 07-31-2019, 11:52 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,687,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
The coal miners are actually owned money from the coal company. The protesters blocking traffic in Minnesota had no cause of action. They are just troublemakers.
Are you familiar with bankruptcy laws?

How much does Trump "owe" the bondholders, investors, contractors, tax authorities and other from his stiffing of people and bankruptcies?

How much does Cambridge Analytica owe in fines for swinging elections internationally?

Answer: not a dime. Corporations and shell companies close the doors and the laborers are certainly not first in line.

I hope they get their money but this is the same "capitalism" that Trump and many others here praise - the sneaky way to take the money and run and leaving the losses with others.

Privatize the profits - socialize the losses.

Did each of these miners buy income insurance? It's available for very low prices. Trump fans continually harp on personal responsibility so it would stand to reason they protected themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.