Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: True or false?
True 13 37.14%
False 22 62.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 11:57 AM

29,552 posts, read 9,733,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
[/color]

Pretty damn good, actually. Obama left the country in better shape than it was in 2008, and did such a good job that his economic recovery still is going strong, regardless of the do nothing President we now have.

Of course, you will never admit or acknowledge any of that, but most of us know the truth.
"Most" would suggest enough. Enough to keep Trump from a second term, but I'm afraid there are still not enough. Not enough to be certain anyway. When you've got so many Americans thinking the way some of these comments suggest, we've all got good reason to be afraid. Very afraid...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2019, 12:01 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,308,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
There was eight years of Obama, who I'm sure Rapinoe would fully endorse. How'd that turn out as far as "making it great for enough Americans?"
He made improvements. Not enough, but better than the backward leaps we've had since he left office.

He helped repair race relations, the economy, our standing in the world. Those that disagree simply have different benchmarks. Better or worse is subjective (except the markets, which is objectively better performance than Trump thus far).

Old 07-11-2019, 12:03 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I really never bought into the whole TDS thing, but I think I might be wrong. For you to compare Trump to Hitler, is an absolute disgrace and and is an insult to those that lived thru the holocaust or lost love ones to it.

There is a huge difference, your ignorance is just blinding you.
https://youtu.be/zZNxesruXVM
https://youtu.be/J1nTIwHAjlw

To this
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/xxZ9U8NHIWo/hqdefault.jpg
https://youtu.be/U5FcqF_qu50
https://youtu.be/KGE231k62Bs

These people were being led to their deaths. The illegals at our border came here willingly knowing full well what would happen, they could have just turned around.
I ran out of rep...so...great post---very well put! In fact, I was going to write something similar until I saw your post.

What that poster wrote was vile, despicable and shameful. He basically trivialized the suffering that Holocaust survivors endured. I suspect that those like him have no idea as to what The Holocaust was all about.

Besides, he invoked Godwin's Law so he loses, big time. And, yes, TDS runs deep in some.

Old 07-11-2019, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
The sad thing about this new "phenomenon" (and I agree it is fueled by the leftist anti-Trump media) is that being invited to the White House is an honor, regardless of who the president is at the time.

If my team or I as an individual was invited, I'd go regardless of who the president was.
There have been instances of vocal loud mouths getting the liberal medias attention in similar situations, and them ignoring others on the team with the opposite point of view.

In the case of this particular person, she seems like a leftist activist to begin with, so she is likely doing it more for her own ideological furtherance than any other reason.
`
Even if you felt the POTUS was a racist?

Says something about you and people like you. Don't you think? That the White House matters to you more than who is in it or what they represent? Not sure I understand that way of thinking, because although it would probably take some pretty important political "disconnect" for me to turn away an invitation to the White House, I wouldn't go regardless the views of the POTUS if they seemed contrary to my morals and ethics. Don't really know why anyone would...

I had to pay some good money to go to Washington DC and visit the White House BTW. Been awhile though. Too long for me to remember who the POTUS was at the time, but I don't recall much in the way of this sort of "declining" invitation to the White House like now that Trump is there. I know there has been some, but nothing like now with Trump. Which tends to make me think maybe it has more to do with Trump than it has to do with those declining his invitations...

Old 07-11-2019, 12:12 PM

Quote:
I really never bought into the whole TDS thing, but I think I might be wrong. For you to compare Trump to Hitler, is an absolute disgrace and and is an insult to those that lived thru the holocaust or lost love ones to it.

There is a huge difference, your ignorance is just blinding you.
https://youtu.be/zZNxesruXVM
https://youtu.be/J1nTIwHAjlw

To this
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/xxZ9U8NHIWo/hqdefault.jpg
https://youtu.be/U5FcqF_qu50
https://youtu.be/KGE231k62Bs

These people were being led to their deaths. The illegals at our border came here willingly knowing full well what would happen, they could have just turned around.
About time for me to sign off again, but before I do, I have to agree the comparison is a bit much. At the same time, when we know people consider Obama a "black, foreign-born, Muslim, communist, terrorist out to ruin America," I really don't know where the bar of "absolute disgrace" is set in this forum or in this country...

Old 07-11-2019, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Except for at ones place of employment (in most cases), which is what you don't get. You seem concerned that I care what she is saying, I don't. While I disagree with her she is free to do as she wants, on her own time.
Unfortunately, I think you are missing my point, or THEE point...

If what she does is lawful, then I'm not sure your comfort about time or place, including employment, is what matters most in the final analysis -- or to everyone else. Fact is, our history has shown that even in the case of unlawful protest, sometimes even those protests have proven to be on the side of right and justice.

It may just be that you too are free to disagree with her all you like, on your own time, and as long as you are both adhering to the law, it's for everyone to judge as they will what really matters most.

Thanks for commenting in this thread, because although we may not agree entirely about this sort of thing, you at least seem to approach the topic with logic and reason above average compared to others. IMHO...

Old 07-11-2019, 01:51 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,139,609 times
The LAST thing this glory hound better not do is hate the USA. May I name a dozen countries that execute gays?

No homophobia, just firing squads.

Old 07-11-2019, 03:25 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,622,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
After hearing the captain of the team curse and bad mouth our President and Commander and through our Flag on the ground, I have no respect for her whatsoever. I pulled for the USA to lose! She is not one of us in my opinion.
She threw our flag on the ground?

If so she should be disciplined at bare minimum if not thrown off the team for such a disgraceful action.
Hate Trump or other politician all you want , but never show disrespect for your country like that.

`

Old 07-11-2019, 08:53 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,013,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I'm a big sports fan, and I don't think I remember ever a time before when the White House was shunned by so many...

"The sports star added the US needed to have a “reckoning” with the implications of Trump’s Make America Great Again slogan. “You’re harking back to an era that was not great for everyone – it might have been great for a few people, and maybe America is great for a few people right now, but it’s not great for enough Americans in this world.” "

https://www.theguardian.com/football...cluding-people

Whether Rapinoe speaks for all or tells the whole story behind the reasons so many people don't want "to be put on display" by Trump, I don't know, but there is good reason to "protest" against Trump in this way.

True or false?
I believe this is just a reflection of the fact that almost everything is about politics now. Just take a look down the P&OC thread list. There's a thread in there about Trump and some strippers at a golf tournament. Huh???

I believe that with the decline in the west of religion, many have turned to politics as their lens through which to view EVERYTHING, from sports to stripping.

Old 07-12-2019, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
She threw our flag on the ground?

If so she should be disciplined at bare minimum if not thrown off the team for such a disgraceful action.
Hate Trump or other politician all you want , but never show disrespect for your country like that.
`
I respectfully disagree...

Even hate speech is protected in this country!

Much as I find hate speech utterly disgusting, I understand why it's protected and I am proud to live in a country that takes our freedoms and liberty this seriously.

Same with the flag. Anyone can burn the American flag, legally, and should NOT fear any sort of "discipline," because that too is the way of oppressive regimes that don't really understand what freedom really means. I am proud to be an American for many reasons, and one important one is that we enjoy this sort of freedom of expression, even when it rubs us or the administration the wrong way.

It's more than just lip service!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies