Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: True or false?
True 13 37.14%
False 22 62.86%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2019, 10:56 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Liberal twits using a sporting stage to advance their own warped, personal politics.

There is no better way to turn people away from their sport. Look at what happened to the NFL with the kneeling incidents.

They are entitled to their opinion, but need to understand that half of the country disagrees with their world view. Hollywood has suffered the same fate- entertainment has become too political, so people are tuning it out.

It's a great way to drive people away from your "product" and alienate half the country. If you think that is a great idea, please proceed. Keep in mind that his is ENTERTAINMENT and is not essential. It suddenly becomes not entertaining at all when politics is introduced.

It's just idiots being idiots.

Do you suffer the delusion that First Amendment rights only belong to the alleged conservative twit in the White House or just annoyed that Rapinoe has a far more well thought out opinion than he has and is for more articulate in its delivery?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2019, 10:59 AM

12,202 posts, read 7,219,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Do you suffer the delusion that First Amendment rights only belong to the alleged conservative twit in the White House?
Huh? Who's criticizing their rights? People are criticizing what they are saying. Big difference.

Old 07-10-2019, 11:02 AM

29,445 posts, read 14,631,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I'm a big sports fan, and I don't think I remember ever a time before when the White House was shunned by so many...

"The sports star added the US needed to have a “reckoning” with the implications of Trump’s Make America Great Again slogan. “You’re harking back to an era that was not great for everyone – it might have been great for a few people, and maybe America is great for a few people right now, but it’s not great for enough Americans in this world.” "

https://www.theguardian.com/football...cluding-people

Whether Rapinoe speaks for all or tells the whole story behind the reasons so many people don't want "to be put on display" by Trump, I don't know, but there is good reason to "protest" against Trump in this way.

True or false?

She is free to do whatever she wants. The problem I have with it, is when she is playing soccer, representing the United States, that is technically her job. I don't know about everyone, but if I started spewing off on politics here at work, I'd be let go.
She can hate Trump all she wants , but don't **** on America.
Such a shame to, she has an impressive sports resume. I supported her and the entire team when the media was against them after the Thailand game. I normally dig focused athletic women like this but what she did with the kneeling, and dropping the flag (was it intentional ?) and her comments on Trump in her position really made me dislike her.

Old 07-10-2019, 11:03 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Huh? Who's criticizing their rights? People are criticizing what they are saying. Big difference.

Whining about "using a sporting stage to advance their own warped, personal politics" sure sounds a lot more like criticizing where they're speaking than what they're saying. I guess some would rather just hear someone defend sweetheart deals given to sexuial predators and and the weasels who give them.

Old 07-10-2019, 11:11 AM

29,543 posts, read 9,707,420 times
Quote:
Athletes are not known to be very intelligent. Hence, the jock image. I wouldn't put what these "jocks" have to say about the White House. With that said, there are plenty of athletes that are not against Trump (and maybe there are a few on this team as well) except the Leftist media don't give them the attention.
So it's mostly a lack of intelligence that has people protesting against Trump. That simple far as you are concerned then?

Old 07-10-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:
There was eight years of Obama, who I'm sure Rapinoe would fully endorse. How'd that turn out as far as "making it great for enough Americans?"
Seemed to be working toward a better approach to providing health care for Americans, and there was the improving economy, but of course we all know what Trump did or did not do in these important regards...

Old 07-10-2019, 11:12 AM

30,343 posts, read 19,138,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I'm a big sports fan, and I don't think I remember ever a time before when the White House was shunned by so many...

"The sports star added the US needed to have a “reckoning” with the implications of Trump’s Make America Great Again slogan. “You’re harking back to an era that was not great for everyone – it might have been great for a few people, and maybe America is great for a few people right now, but it’s not great for enough Americans in this world.” "

https://www.theguardian.com/football...cluding-people

Whether Rapinoe speaks for all or tells the whole story behind the reasons so many people don't want "to be put on display" by Trump, I don't know, but there is good reason to "protest" against Trump in this way.

True or false?
It's Media inspired TDS which has worked wonders on the weak minded liberals.

Old 07-10-2019, 11:15 AM

5,117 posts, read 2,160,794 times
Quote:
Liberal twits using a sporting stage to advance their own warped, personal politics.

There is no better way to turn people away from their sport. Look at what happened to the NFL with the kneeling incidents.

They are entitled to their opinion, but need to understand that half of the country disagrees with their world view. Hollywood has suffered the same fate- entertainment has become too political, so people are tuning it out.

It's a great way to drive people away from your "product" and alienate half the country. If you think that is a great idea, please proceed. Keep in mind that his is ENTERTAINMENT and is not essential. It suddenly becomes not entertaining at all when politics is introduced.

I agree with you 100%. Since the "safe space" topic is all the rage these days, I'm go along with this thought process as well. Sports to many of us are a release, a break from the daily grind. It's where many of us go to escape all of the world's problems for three hours or so.

I'm an avid 49ers fan and I've been so for many many years. I was LIVID when Kaepernick started taking the knee. Granted, I respect his cause and he's entitled to his own viewpoints but DO NOT bring into the realm of the NFL. This violates my safe space. See! This knife can cut both ways!!!!

I'm not the only one who has this opinion. NFL viewership is down and I can guarantee issues like this are the main cause.

Let's STOP mixing politics into sports. PERIOD. Much of America is getting tired of getting hit over the head with politics 24/7. Getting to a point where we can't escape it and yes, it's annoying.

Old 07-10-2019, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Liberals throw tantrums like this when they don’t get their way more than conservatives do. They believe the only allowable political opinion is theirs. They will likely threaten the ladies who do want to go to the White House.
I've seen this perspective described similarly before, many times, by conservatives, but can it be that conservatives don't understand how perspective on the part of the gate keepers can be a little different from those who feel they are being kept out by the gate and the gate keepers?

All to ask, who is really getting "their way" and who isn't?

Anyone preventing you from getting married for example? Having an abortion? Equal representation in Congress? On the boards of corporate America...?

Old 07-10-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:

Would you consider Kareem an idiot I wonder...

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...ter-nfl-owners
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies