Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2019, 12:10 PM

2,828 posts, read 825,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They needed a warrant to cross that threshold.
It depends on what state you are in. In some states if police feel someone is in danger they can break the door down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2019, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Not necessarily, neighbors can just be unreasonable about noise. My husband and I were horsing around once, and he tickled me which caused me to shriek. Again, all in good fun. This was around 1pm on a Saturday, and we were playing boisterously like that for maybe 5 minutes.

Twenty minutes later there was pounding on the door and 3 cops. One took me outside and asked me if I was being abused because a neighbor reported "domestic abuse", while the other two grilled the hell out of my husband inside.

Eventually we managed to get it through to them that we were only goofing around and they left. But later the neighbor came up to us and told us she placed that report just to "teach us a lesson" about noise.

Again, this was in the middle of the day on Saturday in an apartment in the city downtown. I told her that considering that she also complained about how "loudly" we did the dishes (again never during unreasonable hours), maybe city or apartment living wasn't for her, and she should move to an empty cornfield in rural Nebraska instead of trying to ruin our lives over something as petty as regular living noise.
Your neighbor is a jackass.

Old 07-11-2019, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It has already been settled case law.
They need a warrant to cross that threshold.

Cop got shot and killed for this and the Supreme Court determined the homeowner, well within their right to shoot him.
The 4th Amendment is more powerful than suspicion.
How about providing link to this info.

Old 07-11-2019, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Ok, let me ask you this...…..if you were sitting in your home, and the door suddenly opened and two cops were walking in, what would be YOUR reaction ? This isn't Nazi Germany, ya know !
They weren't just sitting in their house, there was a loud argument ensuing and the police have every right to intervene.

Old 07-11-2019, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
What probable cause ? Even when cops come to question someone, they need to KNOCK and announce who they are.
again it depends on the situation.

Old 07-11-2019, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
She wasn't just sitting in her home. She was yelling and screaming in her home. Her door was open. Cops have no idea if someone is being hurt. Cops did not need a warrant. Interesting that the show edits out the cops responses. Maybe because when the cops give their explanation it gives another perspective to this slanted video!
Correct, videos don't tell the whole story, especially this one which does not start from the beginning.

Old 07-11-2019, 12:32 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,621,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
How do you know, she didnt shut up long enough to let them say anything. I heard something about "when we get a call". So apparently they were there because someone called. And they heard something. I assume it was loud voices as the women said she was loud and aggressive.
So could be they got a call about a domestic disturbance, went to the door, heard loud yelling and thought someone may be in danger.
So what if her husband was beating the crap out of her or the kids? Would she want them to just stand there until someone said "come in".
I just dont think that is any way to behave. All she needed to do was say everything was ok and ask them to leave. No need for all that chit.
My spouse was a paramedic for years, and his brother is a firefighter, they both say they hate going to calls where there’s a lot of black people because of the loud yelling and chaotic behavior. They say most of time it’s hard to tell what’s even happening because nobody will shut up long enough for there to be any communication.

Racist? Call it what you want, but I have cop friends too that feel the same way.

Old 07-11-2019, 12:32 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,401,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post

As a liberal, I don't agree with this at all. Let me be clear. I think the cop was in the wrong. And legally the woman was in the right. But mouthing someone like that is not smart at all.

You know the stereotype of the angry unreasonable black woman? She pretty much personified this stereotype.

We should not deal with police misconduct like this. We should deal with it with civility. File complaints. Do whatever that needs to be done. But mouthing someone like that is not the society we should be aiming for.
While I do agree with her bad-mouthing the cop part not helping the case, when someone in is intense situations they occasionally exhibit behavior they normally wouldn't do!

Old 07-11-2019, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Was there an arrest? Was there a search? Nope

Then there’s no reason to be at her house. She did exactly what she should have done.
So the SJW finally shows his face, the police were summoned to the residence because of a loud domestic and the door was partially open, they had every right to enter, even break the door down if they feel someones life is possibly endngered. as usual you have no clue.

Old 07-11-2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
How about this. How are asian americans viewed by most people would you say?

Dave Ramsey once said this. If you are a fat person and you want to get thin, ask a thin person what they do and try it out. Same with affluent people. If you have financial problems and want to become affluent, learn what affluent people do (personal habits, self conduct, etc.) and try them out.

There is no question that asian americans as a group have become quite successful in this country. Chances are, you're not going to find an asian American mouthing off a cop like that. Will you be able to find exceptions? Sure, why not. But most of us know better than to mouth off a cop. It's a good way to get shot.
Asians have a very advanced culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies