Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 01:42 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,604,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Wasps are also declining.
Finally some good environmental news for a change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2019, 01:47 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,117,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Finally some good environmental news for a change.
Well, as much as I despise wasps (stupid insects don't die if they sting you, gah. At least with bees, they have some repercussions, so more likely to sting less.), they do serve as pollinators too.

Figs are one kind of plant pollinated by wasps in a weird way. Good thing I don't like them since you usually are unknowingly eating some wasps along with your fig.

https://www.fs.fed.us/wildflowers/po...ls/wasps.shtml

Old 07-11-2019, 01:51 PM

13,979 posts, read 5,638,833 times
If the commercial honeybee is vital to farming, why aren't farmers paying for their own research into what is causing declining populations? Why does any level of government need to add any funding?

Old 07-11-2019, 02:45 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,730,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
. . . and by framing it with that premise built in, you show once again you want a confrontation and not a discussion.

Just admit it, you hate Trump voters more than you're concerned about this issue. Every post you make trying to deny it just confirms it.
Both are true. I hate Trump voters AND I'm extremely concerned about this issue. And later, when this becomes a very huge issue, every Trump voter crying and saying they didn't know deserves to be ridiculed because they knew. They knew about all of this and they do not care. I'm also waiting for the "Well I didn't agree about that one particular thing". There are no Trump voters "not agreeing" about anything. They don't get to pretend later that they didn't agree.

Old 07-11-2019, 02:50 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,515,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Both are true. I hate Trump voters AND I'm extremely concerned about this issue. And later, when this becomes a very huge issue, every Trump voter crying and saying they didn't know deserves to be ridiculed because they knew. They knew about all of this and they do not care. I'm also waiting for the "Well I didn't agree about that one particular thing". There are no Trump voters "not agreeing" about anything. They don't get to pretend later that they didn't agree.
Jesus Christ. You need some firm footing.

Old 07-11-2019, 02:57 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,730,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Jesus Christ. You need some firm footing.
Why? How many posts are here saying they hate Democrats? That seems to be perfectly acceptable. I think Trump supporters are dangerous, destructive, short-sighted and numerous other things. Specific to this particular thread, their devotion to Trump above all other things means they don't care about the things that are actually destructive to humans. The decline of honeybees is a very dangerous thing and their response is to laugh, ridicule and make jokes. In the end, the paltry money saved on not doing four studies (and probably all studies as long as Trump is there) will cost exceedingly more trying to repair the damage. As a taxpayer and a parent that wants a healthy world for my children, Trump supporters IMO are dangerous.

Old 07-11-2019, 02:58 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,145,255 times
Quote:

Old 07-11-2019, 03:03 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,515,041 times
Quote:
Why? How many posts are here saying they hate Democrats? That seems to be perfectly acceptable. I think Trump supporters are dangerous, destructive, short-sighted and numerous other things. Specific to this particular thread, their devotion to Trump above all other things means they don't care about the things that are actually destructive to humans. The decline of honeybees is a very dangerous thing and their response is to laugh, ridicule and make jokes. In the end, the paltry money saved on not doing four studies (and probably all studies as long as Trump is there) will cost exceedingly more trying to repair the damage. As a taxpayer and a parent that wants a healthy world for my children, Trump supporters IMO are dangerous.
I’m not at liberty at this forum to offer you my unfettered take on your attitude. Suffice to say, I feel that you are very eaten up with hatred and intolerance, and I suspect you were this way long before Trump, and will still be this way long after Trump.

Old 07-11-2019, 03:03 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,662,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
If the commercial honeybee is vital to farming, why aren't farmers paying for their own research into what is causing declining populations? Why does any level of government need to add any funding?
Probably because they are broke.

Old 07-11-2019, 03:11 PM

52,692 posts, read 34,601,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Aside from being outrageously corrupt and sociopathic, Trump is a very dumb person and has given hope to other dummies of the nation that they too can cheat and lie their way into high places and garner stolen goods.

If the environment collapses to the point of being incapable of sustaining so called humans, it will be a good day for the Earth because the human parasites will not be around to prevent it from healing and regenerating.
let's assume every honeybee in north America dies. they were never native here in the first place.
so how will that cause the environment to collapse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The GMO crops are killing the bees, butterflies, birds.
Thank Monsanto.

https://www.organicconsumers.org/ess...lies-birds-and

When the honeybees, our most important food pollinators, started dropping like proverbial flies, scientists scrambled to identify their killer (or killers). Attention eventually turned to the increased use of a class of pesticides known as neonicotinoids. Scientists now believe at least some of these pesticides play a major role in Colony Collapse Disorder (CCD), the ongoing demise of honeybee colonies

https://www.naturalnews.com/050993_f..._Monsanto.html
Monsanto wants to replace the bees they are killing with genetically engineered flying ants
oh lordy. please stay away from 'natural noose'. they are scientifically illiterate psychopaths. that nutty claim about genetically modified ants has been around for years. it's sourced from a clearly stated satire site, 'world news daily.' natural noose was either too stupid to notice, or just doesn't care.

https://www.metabunk.org/debunked-mo...ed-ants.t6369/

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
With that being the case, why do Republicans continue to insist on letting Monsanto do whatever they want unchecked? The idea of them releasing genetically engineered ants into the wild sounds like the beginning of a dystopian horror movie.
see above, bawacky. and then calm down.

Quote:
And Trump's people aren't even doing the studies. Instead, they are expanding the use of pesticides.
'trump's people'? when did all of USDA start voting republican?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
well well well
Its use was temporarily barred after a lawsuit from beekeepers in 2015, but the EPA in 2016 changed its instructions for how to use the pesticide in a way regulators say will reduce the impact on bees.

Why did the previous POTUS not put a halt to this?
well, well, well, indeed. very interesting. can't wait to hear the OP tear into Obama over that one.

oh, wait...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Maybe if you hadn't launched into full shrieking-lunatic TDS mode right out of the gate and just discussed the issue on its own merits, you might have gotten more people to pay attention to the issue. Instead, you only pretend to care more about the issue than Trump supporters when in reality you only care to the extent it gives you a platform to belch out yet another Tourette outburst about Trump supporters.
yep, very much like the threads he starts supposedly lamenting how trump is destroying farmers, then after a few posts he admits that he hopes they all suffer horribly since they probably voted for trump anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Well, as much as I despise wasps (stupid insects don't die if they sting you, gah. At least with bees, they have some repercussions, so more likely to sting less.), they do serve as pollinators too.

Figs are one kind of plant pollinated by wasps in a weird way. Good thing I don't like them since you usually are unknowingly eating some wasps along with your fig.

https://www.fs.fed.us/wildflowers/po...ls/wasps.shtml
yeah, they [wasps] can be useful pollinators. and those fig wasps are too tiny to even sting you.

last but not least.

Despite Elevated Loss Rate Since 2006, U.S. Honey Bee Colony Numbers Are Stable
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies