Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 08:22 AM

25,449 posts, read 9,817,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Repeatedly on this site, dem faithful claim they are not for open borders, yet support all measures to have open borders and oppose any acts to reduce illegal immigration. They just don't want to say specifically that they are for open borders, as it sounds bad. However, their actions speak louder than words.

Here we have yet another dem presidential candidate promoting open borders.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...rder-crossers/

Obviously the dem party is the party of open borders. Want to support half of Mexico and Central America? Vote dem.
I don't support open borders. I will never vote for Trump. Both can be true.

Old 07-12-2019, 08:29 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
So if it were to come down to Castro v Trump, you would vote for Castro? He wants to decriminalize illegal migration, essentially throwing open the doors since it is no longer illegal to enter illegally. If you vote for him, you support open borders, regardless of the harm it causes to our country.

And the other Dems, except for one, support giving free health care to illegals, thereby incentivizing illegal immigration. If you vote for any of them, you are voting to encourage more illegal aliens to enter, thereby voting for open borders.

Old 07-12-2019, 08:30 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
^^^^^Trump Derangement Syndrome is not logical, so we can't apply logic to those that suffer from that.

Old 07-12-2019, 08:37 AM

17,645 posts, read 6,923,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
When you vote for a Democrat for President, yes you do support open borders. So I assume you are voting third party.

Old 07-12-2019, 08:44 AM

4,511 posts, read 1,866,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
If I tell you until I’m blue in the face I am not for open borders but for immigration policy changes and hard e-verify, with harsh consequences, you would still label me under that box.
If I tell you the money for a wall is not effective at all and in time would be worthless, and that more intel measures should be taken - drones, manpower, equipment etc - still out me in the box
If I tell you better relations with placing order in Guat/ElSal/ and Honduras would help people stay home. Same O
If I tell you put the money to stop consumption of the drugs and sex deviants - still point the finger
We are have an internal problem- drug addicts- and slave masters. Thousands trafficked for sex? NJ or P A just stopped an entire ship of drugs ?
But the right concentrates in deflection - when Jesus comes the question will be what did you do? No not your neighbor, you ? And I add that to the conservatives who claim Christianity snd conservatism go together.
But here’s the thing....

In the meantime while we work on fixing these things (which will probably never happen), you believe we should continue letting everyone in and spending every tax payer dime necessary to keep them comfortable and happy.

You are for open borders.

You are an enemy of the United States

Old 07-12-2019, 08:48 AM

52,288 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Repeatedly on this site, dem faithful claim they are not for open borders, yet support all measures to have open borders and oppose any acts to reduce illegal immigration. They just don't want to say specifically that they are for open borders, as it sounds bad. However, their actions speak louder than words.

Here we have yet another dem presidential candidate promoting open borders.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...rder-crossers/

Obviously the dem party is the party of open borders. Want to support half of Mexico and Central America? Vote dem.
And yet the message won't get heard simply because its on Breitbart, must be racist putting words into her mouths.

Old 07-12-2019, 08:55 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,599,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Please state your definition of open borders.
free healthcare for illegal
amnesty
abolish ICE/CBP
unlimited/unchecked bogus asylum claims
sanctuary state
decriminalizing illegal border crossing (improper entry)

Old 07-12-2019, 09:08 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,802,578 times
So I guess Trump employing half an illegal village from Costa Rica that were flown in to work in his golf club and was still working there well into his presidency is what? Special privilege? Does Trump want open borders because he employed illegals while running on an anti immigrant platform? Is Trump a hypocrite? Why didn't he fix the problem with the two years he had total Republican control? Is he incompetent or does he secretly want cheap illegal labor working in his businesses to increase profits? Is it just easier to turn it into hate rhetoric to fire up votes than to really fix the problem? I know, blame it on the Democrats. Lie that they want open borders. The rubes will believe it and vote for me even though I did nothing in two years to try and solve the problem. Build that wall. Who's going to pay for it? What, Mexico?

Old 07-12-2019, 09:10 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,864,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
So I guess Trump employing half an illegal village from Costa Rica that were flown in to work in his golf club and was still working there well into his presidency is what? Special privilege? Does Trump want open borders because he employed illegals while running on an anti immigrant platform? Is Trump a hypocrite? Why didn't he fix the problem with the two years he had total Republican control? Is he incompetent or does he secretly want cheap illegal labor working in his businesses to increase profits? Is it just easier to turn it into hate rhetoric to fire up votes than to really fix the problem? I know, blame it on the Democrats. Lie that they want open borders. The rubes will believe it and vote for me even though I did nothing in two years to try and solve the problem. Build that wall. Who's going to pay for it? What, Mexico?
That must be some koolaid, must have a bit of lsd and meth in there...

Old 07-12-2019, 09:33 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,599,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
how do you know they are illegal and not here on a work visas?

or you assume they are illegal because they are brown and from costa rica?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies