Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2019, 05:50 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,551,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
They have no place in our Country. They spend all of their time trying to take America down and will only drag the party that endorses this behavior down with them.
But keep it up!
I disagree with them as well, but I also think that one of the greatest things about this country is, ideally, being able to criticize the government from either side and not have repercussions from the government nor other prodding that gets to the point of being pressured to leave.

Old 07-15-2019, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPuss View Post
Wellllll, RMESMH...they can. And do. I present the Border Crisis as Exhibit A.
Then to be more accurate, countries other than the United States.

Old 07-15-2019, 05:58 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,274,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
oh it's uniting the Dems alright...

Trump is forcing the Dem party to unite behind their 4 worst members...for all the world to see
That's right. But that is after Trump looked even worse by making an incredibly stupid, xenophobic and bigoted remark. If you think 'the world' is ok with Trump telling 3 Americans, born in this country to go back to their own country, I disagree. I think they are just as appalled as most of the country.

Neo-nazis may cheer, but most of the world will not think that is a brilliant remark, as it sounds like an insecure ignorant remark--one of the targets of his attack even came from his hometown.

This sounds just like what Archie Bunkers were saying in the 60s. Love it or Leave it. Makes him sound like an old dated man.

He did this for you and the following. And it worked on you the way he wanted it to.

Old 07-15-2019, 06:05 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,227,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i couldnt stand to listen to the idiocy those "ladies" were spewing. they railed against hate and discontent, and yet they spewed their own hate and discontent. they railed against disrespect, all while spewing disrespect of their own. these "ladies" are hypocrites, and showed it at their press conference.

they also need to read further than just trump telling them to go home as well. trump told them go home and FIX THE PROBLEMS IN THEIR PREVIOUS COUNTRIES, and THEN COME BACK and tell us how you did it. but they wont read that far because it doesnt fit their narrative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So there no doubt in your mind that Trump was telling the truth. None of those 4 women were born in the USA.
I can't tell whether some people are legitimately ignorant of facts or if they are birthers who don't care about facts, but 3 out of 4 have no "previous country" because they were born here. As a matter of fact, at least two of them (Pressley and AOC) are MORE American than Trump, since each of them has both parents who were American citizens at birth, as opposed to Trump being the child and grandchild of immigrants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
He swore an oath to uphold the laws and the Constitution of the United States. That is what he is doing. Those in this country illegally, by law, are to be deported.

In order to claim asylum, the law requires that one enter at a legal port of entry, not scale a wall, tunnel under a fence, or swim the Rio Grande to get in.

No, that's not what the law says. You can be in the country having arrived here illegally and still apply for asylum. I know this because I've actually read the law, as opposed to spewing Trump lies and the talking points the GOP apparently handed out on this.

Quote:
§1158. Asylum
(a) Authority to apply for asylum
(1) In general
Any alien who is physically present in the United States or who arrives in the United States (whether or not at a designated port of arrival and including an alien who is brought to the United States after having been interdicted in international or United States waters), irrespective of such alien's status, may apply for asylum in accordance with this section or, where applicable, section 1225(b) of this title.
[USC02] 8 USC 1158: Asylum

Old 07-15-2019, 06:05 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,645,195 times
As egotistical and idiotic trump is, and how he thinks every woman wants him, I’m surprised that he didn’t announce on national TV that they weren’t his type.

News for you Donald, nobody wants to sleep with you including your wife!

Old 07-15-2019, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Here's where you all go off the rails.

The Democrats & many Republicans are not supporting the 4 and their policies, they are condemning Trump's comments.

It's not the same thing.

I know it may be difficult for some to understand there is a difference and it is just to hard to try and explain to folks that don't want to know there is a difference.

But there is.

You can condemn Trump's comments and NOT be promoting these four or their policies.
Yep.

I disagree with you on many things, but the above is correct.

As far as TV is concerned, I flip between local news/information, PBS, FOX, and CNN (I don't have MSNBC).

Given your post above, you might be interested in Martha MacCallum's interview tonight with Geraldo.

What Geraldo said might ruffle Trump's feathers a bit, but Trump should listen to him.

Old 07-15-2019, 06:07 PM

18,474 posts, read 8,298,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
That's right. But that is after Trump looked even worse by making an incredibly stupid, xenophobic and bigoted remark. If you think 'the world' is ok with Trump telling 3 Americans, born in this country to go back to their own country, I disagree. I think they are just as appalled as most of the country.

Neo-nazis may cheer, but most of the world will not think that is a brilliant remark, as it sounds like an insecure ignorant remark--one of the targets of his attack even came from his hometown.

This sounds just like what Archie Bunkers were saying in the 60s. Love it or Leave it. Makes him sound like an old dated man.

He did this for you and the following. And it worked on you the way he wanted it to.

He told them since they all know so much...to go back and fix it...then come back and tell us how it's done...

...and if he had said the exact same thing to some white women...no one would be saying xenophobic and bigoted

libs are saying treating them like white women is racist..now who's the racist here?

Old 07-15-2019, 06:12 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,668,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Here's where you all go off the rails.

The Democrats & many Republicans are not supporting the 4 and their policies, they are condemning Trump's comments.

It's not the same thing.

I know it may be difficult for some to understand there is a difference and it is just to hard to try and explain to folks that don't want to know there is a difference.

But there is.

You can condemn Trump's comments and NOT be promoting these four or their policies.
What you may be missing is the left has been condemning Trump's comments for 3 years !!! It's not a new thing !!! They aren't doing anything to Trump that hasn't been done many times before !!!

The clown "squad" has been getting a pass on their anti-American hatred and racism etc....

Trump is the "occupant" not the President.
They have never accepted the fact that he won election and is the President.

It is their record of hate that Trump puts in focus !!! Their record is disgusting even to people who just like America a little bit !!!

'Time after time we see these anti-American remarks' from Democrat 'squad'
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...tez-ilhan-omar

anti-Semitic remarks that have been made by Ilhan Omar and Rashid Tlaib and AOC,"

Ilhan Omar pleading for an ISIS member to get a lesser sentence. He was planning to travel over to Syria and in that document, she just completely ripped apart the United States. Time after time we see these anti-American remarks."

Old 07-15-2019, 06:12 PM

1,225 posts, read 3,230,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
..and Trump didn't either

Trump's only fault was not treating them like privileged "women of color"...Trump treated them like everyone else

It Trump had said the exact same thing to a white woman....no one would be screaming racist right now

...it's liberals that are seeing color and racism....and saying they are not equal...and you can't talk to them as equals
I didn't hear Trump tell 4 white women to go back to Europe.

As a white man, this attitude makes me sick to my stomach.

Old 07-15-2019, 06:14 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,677,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
They were very well spoken, spot on. Moderate here and feel they handled things well. He couldn't be as eloquent. He can't communicate without errors in logic and other communication skills like begging the question and using straw man arguments. Everyday Americans fall for this unfortunately.

He uses the phrase "everybody knows" ---as in "everybody knows Ocasio is a communist"...or "everybody knows she hates America".....classic fallacy in logic. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum
Yes, he always does this. Also saying that "It doesn't concern me, because many people agree with me", as if it validates whatever he says.

Funny, since he is us unhappy and complains all the time himself, it could be said that HE should go back to where he came from, and leave us to get on with making the country normal, again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies