Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 12:32 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,245,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
As of now the USA is the 146th most densely populated country on Earth. There's room for more people.
Like, millions more.

These people forget that everyone said we were too crowded when their ancestors needed a place to go and chose this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2019, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montroller View Post
Who are these everyone's that you mention?
There was never popular sentiment in this country to take in new immigrants. Every group that was already here wanted to shut the door.

That would include the time when YOUR ancestors wanted to come here.

Old 07-17-2019, 01:58 AM

2,993 posts, read 4,312,174 times
The country is becoming to diverse. Diversity is not necessarily a good thing. People need time to assimilate, on both sides. It takes a generation or two.

Stop ALL immigration for at least a decade to give time for assimilation, with a heavy emphasis on not letting a single illegal or "asylum" seeker in ever again.

At the very least have a strict merit based immigration policy, like other 99% of the other countries the left so loves to refer to. Letting mass numbers of undesirables in, while promising them free stuff, isn't going to end well.

Old 07-17-2019, 02:05 AM

22,486 posts, read 12,032,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
It was crowded when we took your ancestors in. We made space.

So make space now. This is a huge country.
Okay...since this is your brilliant (sarcasm) idea, you go first. Time to make room in your own house. I'm sure that a family of illegals would be glad to live in one of your spare rooms

You seem to think we have unlimited buildable land and potable water. Hate to burst your bubble, but we don't. You live in AZ yet you seem to think that there is unlimited potable water in the desert

Old 07-17-2019, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Okay...since this is your brilliant (sarcasm) idea, you go first. Time to make room in your own house. I'm sure that a family of illegals would be glad to live in one of your spare rooms

You seem to think we have unlimited buildable land and potable water. Hate to burst your bubble, but we don't. You live in AZ yet you seem to think that there is unlimited potable water in the desert
All of the United States is my house, including where you live.

If we don’t have the resources in Arizona, they can go elsewhere in this country.

We had room when your ancestors arrived. There’s still room.

Old 07-17-2019, 03:41 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,511,593 times
Basic stats. This graph is utterly useless regarding "crowding" for many reasons. Mightleavenyc, I suspect you know why. One of the simpler issues, territories that later became states. 1790 census included 13 (?) states and the Southwest Territory (later Tennessee).

Old 07-17-2019, 04:44 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,518,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Translation;

I'm not comfortable with all of this multiculturalism and want my soother back, along with my 1955 Ford Crestliner, separate entrances for blacks, segregated schools, my grade ten education that got me a lifetime job at the local steel mill and my marvel comics.

Ain't gonna happen sweet cheeks.
Nothing to do with color, although you liberals keep trying to paint it that way. It has to do with importing an entire underclass of poorly educated people who will become dependent on government - and vote for Ds.

And funny. You insult PP as having a 10th grade education, ignoring the fact that the caravans of illegal aliens coming up from Central America barely have a grade school education. So if you're putting down American high school dropouts as losers, why are you encouraging foreigners without ANY high school education to come here?

Liberals are such hypocrites.

Old 07-17-2019, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
As of now the USA is the 146th most densely populated country on Earth. There's room for more people.
There's not room for more people who will go on the government dole. I say let's import educated people in fields where we have a shortage - like technology. But more high school dropouts? We have more than enough as it is.

Old 07-17-2019, 05:02 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,150,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
There's not room for more people who will go on the government dole. I say let's import educated people in fields where we have a shortage - like technology. But more high school dropouts? We have more than enough as it is.
Why do you post tripe than can be so easily debunked which is by and large a characteristic of Russian trolls and bots. A real American should take pride in researching the facts before posting so that the information has integrity but what you posted here does not...on so many levels. Why set yourself up just to be brought down with actual statistics. Education? Do you really want to go there?

Old 07-17-2019, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Why do you post tripe than can be so easily debunked which is by and large a characteristic of Russian trolls and bots. A real American should take pride in researching the facts before posting so that the information has integrity but what you posted here does not...on so many levels. Why set yourself up just to be brought down with actual statistics. Education? Do you really want to go there?
Don't even know what you're talking about. I'm saying that we have enough high school dropouts here as it is, and we don't need to incentivize a million more to come here from other countries with promises of free this and free that. It's so bad now that libbies are fighting ICE to keep criminal aliens here, even after a deportation order!

As far as education in math and science, the U.S. has fallen behind. Highly educated people in THOSE fields should be warmly welcomed, and I for one welcome them. But not 100,000 adults a month streaming in without prior approval, and with fake asylum claims and a 4th grade education.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies