Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 06:38 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,385,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
And there we go with the Hitler nonsense again, and you are indirectly calling me a Nazi. Shame on you!

Why is it demonization to point out that when illegal aliens settle, en masse, in working class neighborhoods three families to a house, that the public schools get worse? Are we allowed to criticize illegal aliens AT ALL in your book? Are we not allowed to criticize them because they're "brown," and criticism of "brown people" is off limits according to liberals?

It's gotten so bad with liberals that we aren't allowed to say anything negative about any POC, regardless of their behavior, or it's.....racist! Hitler! Nazi!
That's exactly it, Rachel. No, we are not allowed to criticize illegals because they're brown. It's perfectly fine for liberals to essentially claim that "They do work that we will not," meaning - it is okay to exploit brown people for their labor, so we can have cheaper crap.

However, it is not okay, to rationally point out that these illegals end up in working class areas, where things tend to go downhill. Until they start settling in wealthier areas, and liberals with those "We don't care where you're from..." signs put their money where their mouths are, then nothing will change.

Until then, YOU'RE A RACIST! YOU'RE EVEN A NAZI! Get used to it!

Old 07-23-2019, 06:39 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,081,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
First of all Puerto Ricans ARE Americans whether they live in Puerto Rico or one of the States. All they did was change locations. Why can't they still hold allegiance to place where they were born which is a Territory of US. You are now an American so act like one? They always were American Citizens.

Let's make this local. I was born and raised in NY. Moved to and lived in Florida for 10 years. I never considered myself a Floridian. When I worked in Florida Public Schools, I was asked to swear allegiance to both the US Constitution (did), and the Florida State Constitution. I refused to swear allegiance to the latter. Did not care. Moved to PA. Still say I am a New Yorker.

You will never forget the place where you were born and raised; be it a foreign country, or just a different state.
I have no problem with PRicans - although many can’t stand them . Just another part of our great USA !

Old 07-23-2019, 07:20 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,643,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Never heard of an Immigrant that wasn’t loyal to the United States. They always come here to be Americans and they’re almost always the most patriotic Americans.

I do know of many conservatives however that ALWAYS put the interests of other nations ahead of the United State’s interests. There are millions of such people.

What you’re really asking OP is “don’t you hate it when non white immigrants (who happen to be elected members of Congress) disagree with Republican policies and and other (dumb) foreign policy positions being carried out by the Trump Administration?”

My answer: NOPE!
What a load of nonsense. Ever heard of MS13? The majority of those brutal and inhuman murderers are illegals. Think they are loyal to the United States? How about the members of MEChA ? How can they be loyal to the United States, when their stated objective is to take back 1/3 of the United States they claim stolen from them, which they call Aztlan!! How bout La Raza (The Race). Think they are loyal to the United States, when their motto is “for the race, everything, for the others, nothing”?

So I call your answer what it is ... dishonest, racist crap.

Old 07-23-2019, 07:37 PM

2,923 posts, read 979,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Never heard of an Immigrant that wasn’t loyal to the United States. They always come here to be Americans and they’re almost always the most patriotic Americans.

I do know of many conservatives however that ALWAYS put the interests of other nations ahead of the United State’s interests. There are millions of such people.

What you’re really asking OP is “don’t you hate it when non white immigrants (who happen to be elected members of Congress) disagree with Republican policies and and other (dumb) foreign policy positions being carried out by the Trump Administration?”

My answer: NOPE!
Well you are living in an alternate universe so I believe you when you say you've never heard of an immigrant that wasn't loyal. However that doesn't meant your views are in any way a reflection of actual reality. The fact alone that people have no problem crossing the border illegally shows they have no respect for America. And what conservatives are you talking about name one? You say there are millions and I bet you cant name one without resorting to an ad hominem. Your nonsense is really wearing thin.

Old 07-23-2019, 07:46 PM

30,392 posts, read 19,191,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I don't think President Trump's comments were about Tlaib or Omar's race, but about their belief system and loyalties. Recall how Rashida Tlaib celebrated her election victory by playing Palestinian music and wearing an Arabic headscarf? She truly seems more loyal to Islam and "Palestine", and more concerned about Islamic affairs than about America as a whole. I do think that when American and Palestinian, or American and Islamic interests conflict, she is at least also conflicted if not siding with the Islamic side. For example America's alliance with Israel is very important but she is more focused on standing up for "Palestine" than for supporting America and our allies.

I'm the son of LEGAL immigrants and am very assimilated. The exact words "go back to China" have only been used on me twice, both my minorities. There WAS one very old white woman many years ago who called me a "foreigner" but that was the one single racist incident I've had with a white person and I don't believe racism is a systemic issue or that I've faced more racism than the average American since there are plenty of white people in areas with larger minority populations who have suffered racism as well. I have several stories from Baltimore and New Orleans about THAT, for example.

Its almost always a minority, typically a Mexican or Muslim who tell me how white people will never accept me as an American and are bothered by how assimilated I am and by my Christian religion (I'm Southern Baptist which is very hated by liberals) and conservative politics. Most recently I had posted comments on a news article online where I supported President Trump, mentioned my parents are LEGAL immigrants and how I support the wall and how illegals shouldn't even be here hence Dreamers don't deserve anything from us. A guy whose profile says is a Mexican from Arizona wrote that "you will never be American no matter how bad you wish you were" and to "Go back to China". My ancestors had left China to escape leftism and I've never even been to China. I asked him why he can't be loyal to the US and consider himself American if he lived here and enjoyed everything this country gave him, and he replied that Arizona should belong to Mexico.

I will assume he's a citizen or a green hard holder because if he's illegal he totally needs to be deported ASAP. So here we have someone who lives in our country and is able to vote in our elections, yet doesn't consider himself American and puts Mexican interests before US interests. Does this NOT concern anyone SERIOUSLY? Even though I am of Chinese descent, my loyalty is to the US. I want the US to be economically and militarily stronger than China. I want us to win this trade war. I want any trade deal with China to have the US on top, the way I want every trade deal with every country to be. I certainly am not okay with China, or any other nation, taking advantage of the US like all of them have been doing.
Liberals are trying to destroy America and then divide up the spoils....that's their goal and everything revolves around this goal.

Old 07-23-2019, 07:47 PM

41,974 posts, read 75,239,807 times
When did you stop beating your wife?

Old 07-23-2019, 07:55 PM

2,923 posts, read 979,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
probably started when she became a cat lady

Old 07-23-2019, 08:06 PM

10,237 posts, read 6,327,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
That's exactly it, Rachel. No, we are not allowed to criticize illegals because they're brown. It's perfectly fine for liberals to essentially claim that "They do work that we will not," meaning - it is okay to exploit brown people for their labor, so we can have cheaper crap.

However, it is not okay, to rationally point out that these illegals end up in working class areas, where things tend to go downhill. Until they start settling in wealthier areas, and liberals with those "We don't care where you're from..." signs put their money where their mouths are, then nothing will change.

Until then, YOU'RE A RACIST! YOU'RE EVEN A NAZI! Get used to it!
Oh, gotten much worse lately than only brown illegals. "We" are now questioning, and ICE detaining, brown natural born US citizens as well. Don't dare speak Spanish out in public. Go back to the country you came from. Or worse maybe, "Papers, Citizen". Of course it has always existed, but now it has been become acceptable behavior due to a certain nameless person "in charge".

Old 07-23-2019, 08:18 PM

15,096 posts, read 8,643,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
A lot of people have various beliefs in this country. Do you have a problem with Buddhists or Hindus practicing their religions here? Do you think they wish this were China or Japan? Why is it a pre-requisite for people to support Israel over Palestine? What makes Israel so special? I'm not anti-semitic, just wondering why Israel is put on a pedestal?
Oh, I don’t know, let me think for a half a second .... got it .... could it be the Bible maybe? Of course, you may reject the idea that this is a Christian nation if you like, and most of y’all on the left like to do that regularly ... but the sky is blue, no matter how much arguing you do.

Quote:
Just because people don't worship the same Christian God doesn't make them any less American. They have a right to speak their opinion. It doesn't make them anti-America.
Let me explain something very simple to you .... while we have this concept established in the law of our land, the Constitution, the protection of the free exercise of one’s religious beliefs, it seems as though only Christians are expected to honor that, while everyone else is free to attack Christianity with fervor and with relative impunity. Guess what? That dog doesn’t hunt anymore, and people are getting fed up with the hypocrisy and double standards on the left. Push back is long over due, but it shouldn’t surprise you or anyone else. The only real surprise here is why did it take so long.

Furthermore, it is Anti-American when you deliberately reject the very concepts and constructs of America, which requires adherence to the established laws as set forth in our Constitution. It is indeed an obligation as an American to do so .... that you find it inconvenient at times is irrelevant. But you don’t get to point to the constitution only when it suits you, and ignore it when it doesn’t ....

This covers a couple of key points you folks on the left seem to be very confused about. The most obvious one is the law regarding the process required of foreigners to come here to America, and to stay legally. It’s a very simple concept we learn as children ... it’s called permission. When you enter someone’s home without permission, it’s called breaking and entering, or home invasion. If you came home from work and found a bunch of strangers in your house, you’d just say hello? Welcome? Or would you call the freaking police?

As adults we should understand that our country (just like every other country on earth) has borders for a reason, and that reason is to protect the safety of the country and its citizens! This ought to be a very simple, easy to understand concept. When you reject that, and you willingly break the law, or support and aid those that do, you are acting in a manner contrary to the safety and interests of your country and your fellow Americans, making you an ANTI-AMERICAN, by definition, and evidenced by your own deliberate, anti-American behavior.

Quote:
I'm not anti-America, but I am most certainly opposed to the policies and the administration of this WH. I believe Trump is all about Trump and could not care less about what is good for this country. I don't blame anyone in Congress who pushes back against him and his ilk.
Yes you are. If you were not Anti-American, you would respect our American laws, including those governing our borders, and of the American electoral process, and the duly elected President of this country.

As for this business about Trump not caring about what is good for the country, you would first need to get a clue about what actually is good for the country ... so far, I don’t think you have one.

Old 07-23-2019, 08:19 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,539,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Exactly my thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies