Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 03:55 AM

10,249 posts, read 15,955,178 times

Advertisements

I don't think President Trump's comments were about Tlaib or Omar's race, but about their belief system and loyalties. Recall how Rashida Tlaib celebrated her election victory by playing Palestinian music and wearing an Arabic headscarf? She truly seems more loyal to Islam and "Palestine", and more concerned about Islamic affairs than about America as a whole. I do think that when American and Palestinian, or American and Islamic interests conflict, she is at least also conflicted if not siding with the Islamic side. For example America's alliance with Israel is very important but she is more focused on standing up for "Palestine" than for supporting America and our allies.

I'm the son of LEGAL immigrants and am very assimilated. The exact words "go back to China" have only been used on me twice, both my minorities. There WAS one very old white woman many years ago who called me a "foreigner" but that was the one single racist incident I've had with a white person and I don't believe racism is a systemic issue or that I've faced more racism than the average American since there are plenty of white people in areas with larger minority populations who have suffered racism as well. I have several stories from Baltimore and New Orleans about THAT, for example.

Its almost always a minority, typically a Mexican or Muslim who tell me how white people will never accept me as an American and are bothered by how assimilated I am and by my Christian religion (I'm Southern Baptist which is very hated by liberals) and conservative politics. Most recently I had posted comments on a news article online where I supported President Trump, mentioned my parents are LEGAL immigrants and how I support the wall and how illegals shouldn't even be here hence Dreamers don't deserve anything from us. A guy whose profile says is a Mexican from Arizona wrote that "you will never be American no matter how bad you wish you were" and to "Go back to China". My ancestors had left China to escape leftism and I've never even been to China. I asked him why he can't be loyal to the US and consider himself American if he lived here and enjoyed everything this country gave him, and he replied that Arizona should belong to Mexico.

I will assume he's a citizen or a green hard holder because if he's illegal he totally needs to be deported ASAP. So here we have someone who lives in our country and is able to vote in our elections, yet doesn't consider himself American and puts Mexican interests before US interests. Does this NOT concern anyone SERIOUSLY? Even though I am of Chinese descent, my loyalty is to the US. I want the US to be economically and militarily stronger than China. I want us to win this trade war. I want any trade deal with China to have the US on top, the way I want every trade deal with every country to be. I certainly am not okay with China, or any other nation, taking advantage of the US like all of them have been doing.

Old 07-23-2019, 04:01 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,252,123 times
Never heard of an Immigrant that wasn’t loyal to the United States. They always come here to be Americans and they’re almost always the most patriotic Americans.

I do know of many conservatives however that ALWAYS put the interests of other nations ahead of the United State’s interests. There are millions of such people.

What you’re really asking OP is “don’t you hate it when non white immigrants (who happen to be elected members of Congress) disagree with Republican policies and and other (dumb) foreign policy positions being carried out by the Trump Administration?”

My answer: NOPE!

Old 07-23-2019, 04:06 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,777,759 times
Liberal's love illegal immigrants and they praise all the nutjob Democratic candidates...who want to give the illegals free health care, subsidized housing, SNAP, reduced school lunches and free child care.

Old 07-23-2019, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Never heard of an Immigrant that wasn’t loyal to the United States. They always come here to be Americans and they’re almost always the most patriotic Americans.

I do know of many conservatives however that ALWAYS put the interests of other nations ahead of the United State’s interests. There are millions of such people.

What you’re really asking OP is “don’t you hate it when non white immigrants (who happen to be elected members of Congress) disagree with Republican policies and and other (dumb) foreign policy positions being carried out by the Trump Administration?”

I highly doubt Omar and Tlaib's opposition to Israel is driven by concern for US interests. If their main arguments had been about US tax dollars and whether giving so much to Israel is worthwhile method I woudln't question their loyalty or believe they're anti-Semitic. However their opposition to Israel and our alliance with Israel is mainly about how Israeli "oppresses Muslims" so they are placing Islamic concerns, not American concerns in the forefront. And btw all that US aid can only be used by the Israelis to buy weapons from the USA so its not a free giveaway like all the money we give Middle Eastern and Latin American countries.

And while we're at it perhaps we should ask the liberals whether its okay for illegals to remit money back to their countries, working illegally here, taking our money and physically taking it out of our country to help theirs.

Old 07-23-2019, 04:32 AM

Quote:

So that Mexican who openly admitted he was a Mexican first, identified more strongly with Mexico than the US and cared more about Mexican interests is a loyal American? When he didn't even consider himself American?

Old 07-23-2019, 04:48 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,521,292 times
Those Central Americans descending on our country en masse, while carrying the Honduran or Guatemalan flag and singing their national anthems, are telling us with which country their allegiance lies - and it's the one they are "fleeing." But they'll gladly accept American taxpayer money to educate and feed their children.

Old 07-23-2019, 04:59 AM

34,256 posts, read 18,624,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Those Central Americans descending on our country en masse, while carrying the Honduran or Guatemalan flag and singing their national anthems, are telling us with which country their allegiance lies - and it's the one they are "fleeing." But they'll gladly accept American taxpayer money to educate and feed their children.
Many Hispanics whether they be from Mexico, Puerto Rico, Central America, or South America do NOT want to be Americans. They want the economic benefits, often to send home to relatives, while remaining loyal and identifying with their native country. They will use identity theft and stolen SS#'s to get benefits, driver's licenses, and exploit the system any way they can, all the time hating America and American values.

Last edited by Pilot1; 07-23-2019 at 05:21 AM..

Old 07-23-2019, 05:19 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,390,119 times
Many of the liberals espousing such nonsense also are not loyal to the US and do not consider themselves Americans. In fact, they consider the term 'American' to be offensive, along with the American flag. They are truly not American in the sense that we think and are in fact traitors. Yes, they should be deported or tried and executed for treason imo.

Old 07-23-2019, 05:29 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,061,344 times
Define loyalty,.

And I love how the OP picks 2 of the four women - one of which is not an immigrant -- she was born here.......Trump criticized all four.

And all four have views that many others have that nobody is going after.

Just coincidentally the OP and Trump choose to focus on four women of color that are junior politicians with no influence on the House.......

If that isn't racism....it's an exercise in stupidity......

Sanders, Warren, Harris, Biden, Pelosi.........

That's where the focus should be on and THEIR policies. They are Americans who are trying to influence and would have influence if they won.

Old 07-23-2019, 05:34 AM

30,090 posts, read 18,704,527 times
Quote:

So all the Somalis in Minnesota are all 100% loyal to America and thus love the Constitution and do not want Shariah Law?

How about all the Mexican immigrants who wave the Mexican flag, carry placards condemning America, and want parts of America "returned" to Mexico? Are they "loyal" too?

Wake up- Dems love immigrants who hate America, as dems hate America too and want to destroy it from within. Even Obama said he wanted to "fundamentally change" America; he nearly got away with it, but thank God he was lazy and incompetent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies