Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 01:06 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,826,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
Agree with you on the confederate flag issue, however Mexico did have slaves (black and indigenous), up until Spain abolished slavery. Also, racism in Mexico, both against blacks and dark-skinned indigenous Indians goes way back and is still prevalent today.
Racism Rears Its Ugly Head in Mexico - SFGate

https://www.sfgate.com/politics/arti...co-3171753.php

It turns out that racism in Mexico, both against blacks and dark-skinned indigenous Indians, has a long history. Mexico's colonial past has left its mark on modern-day society.
Racism against black/dark people is everywhere, never denied that it was or wasn't - post was specifically about the fact that the OP has said that he has no problem with the Confederate flag - which was created as a banner to fight for white supremacy - yet there is an issue with a Mexican American flying a Mexican flag in representation of their "heritage." Why does the OP and others have an issue with the "heritage" of Mexicans yet not with the "heritage" of white supremacy in the southern US (and please not I consider it an American heritage as it was all over the country and still is and was enshrined in our founding documents in regards to white supremacy). Interestingly, the independence of Mexico as a nation, their break with Spain, was lead, in part by people of black/African descent. Some of their 19th century presidents were of African descent. Africans were enslaved all around the globe.

Even with their issues today Mexico is better than the CSA and I'd rather my neighbor fly a Mexican flag than a Confederate flag.

Old 07-25-2019, 04:45 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Why should anyone have to prove anything to you---especially when nothing is ever good enough for you?

Time for you to give it a rest already
AHA...so you can’t prove it??

That proves your disloyalty to the United States.

See how easy that is?

Old 07-25-2019, 06:06 PM

35,704 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How do you reconcile your defense of illegal aliens when Jesus said to obey the laws of the land and not take from others what doesn't belong to you? These foreigners are law breakers. Jesus was opposed to law breakers. It is you that needs to stop spinning the versus in the Bible to fit your agenda. No real Christian approves of law breakers. Jesus believed in people paying for their sins also. Why to you think hell exists? The penalty for entering our country illegally is deportation so what's your problem?
And the earth is His. But in all cases. Brother Daniel did not obey the law and then Jesus kinda incorporated grace. And further more said if have no love. Forgit about it ! paraphrased of course. There are laws and we live by them but there are those manipulating the laws to benefit them - no screaming there from those that use loopholes, or are in contempt if Congress - so point being - fix all the laws for our current society - don’t want illegals - don’t hire them and make common sense immigration law. I bet you don’t even know what all is needed it how long it all takes. Now the poor CBP and ICE don’t know which laws to follow - every other week there is a new one - and it’s hurting children - think God is pleased ? Let see what did he say about the illegal in the Bible ? Hmm yep it’s in there need the passage? I hope you pass the - did you feed my poor test- when it’s your time ..

Old 07-25-2019, 06:46 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
AHA...so you can’t prove it??

That proves your disloyalty to the United States.

See how easy that is?

Lame response. Try again.

Who died and named you arbiter of what is "good enough"?

You are the one who attacks anyone who attempts to prove his/her loyalty by saying it isn't "good enough". Well...your response is not "good enough". You need to explain in detail just why you think someone's response is not "good enough". Just saying it's not "good enough" is nothing but empty words.

Old 07-26-2019, 09:55 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,931,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I'll also note that the whole "Mexican" over American thing is not a big deal to me since a Mexican American may enjoy parts of their Mexican heritage.

I remember the OP saying that he has some sort of reference or affinity of the Confederate flag because of "southern heritage" and IMO I'd rather someone fly a Mexican flag than a Confederate flag since Mexicans weren't for white supremacy and enslavement of my ancestors like southerners are who like to fly that particular flag.

You all really are hypocritical on these issues as you only don't like flags that you don't like and feel are "unAmerican" and "disloyal." I also don't get how you think any of the women in question are "disloyal" to America lol. IMO they are disloyal to the president, which is fine and even though I don't know much about them I like that they are not like him.
These women, and other Democrats too, are disloyal because they are putting the interests of foreign countries and foreign nationals before those of the United States and American citizens. They agree with unfair trade agreements that are designed to redistribute American wealth to the Third World even though these agreements hurt American workers and lead to the decline of US manufacturing. These people support benefits for Dreamers at the expense of Americans. Dreamers and illegals are not American and their well being is NOT our concern. They have no business being in our country.

Yes Mexicans living here can be proud of their heritage, but when they vote in favor of Mexican national interests over American interests, when they sympathize with illegal Mexicans which conflicts with US interests, when they cheer for Mexico over the US in the Olympics then there's a problem. When they're so proud of their native country and language that they refuse to speak English at all then that's a problem.

Old 07-26-2019, 10:04 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,931,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
If they've earned it, it ain't your money (or "ours"), it belongs to them to spend as they see fit. The ame as it is for you.
First of all, if that person is illegal and working illegally, then that money was illegally earned.

And again, is it really in our national interest for someone to make money here and send it abroad, vs paying an American who will spend that money here at home?

Old 07-26-2019, 10:17 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,458,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
And while we're at it perhaps we should ask the liberals whether its okay for illegals to remit money back to their countries, working illegally here, taking our money and physically taking it out of our country to help theirs.
I am not a liberal, I am a moderate, and I feel it important to point out the hypocrisy of Trump supporters who rarely speak out against illegal activities of Trump and his inner circle.

Melania Knauss (now Trump) first came to the US in August 1996 on a B1/B2 (tourist visa). Tourist visas allow someone to stay in the US for six months, but they can’t seek employment in the US during that time.

"Then on October 18, 1996, the AP found, she got an H-1B visa for “skilled workers” allowing her to work legally in the US as a model.

The problem is that the AP’s documentation shows that Melania was “paid for 10 modeling assignments between September 10 and October 15” — while she was still on the tourist visa. In other words, she was working on a visa that didn’t legally permit her to work — and thus was violating the terms by which she’d been allowed to come to the US".

https://apnews.com/37dc7aef0ce44077930b7436be7bfd0d

So, are you OK with a Slovenian model working here illegally and sending money back to her home country, or do you reserve your animosity for poor, non-white illegals?

Old 07-27-2019, 09:55 AM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
I am not a liberal, I am a moderate, and I feel it important to point out the hypocrisy of Trump supporters who rarely speak out against illegal activities of Trump and his inner circle.

Melania Knauss (now Trump) first came to the US in August 1996 on a B1/B2 (tourist visa). Tourist visas allow someone to stay in the US for six months, but they can’t seek employment in the US during that time.

"Then on October 18, 1996, the AP found, she got an H-1B visa for “skilled workers” allowing her to work legally in the US as a model.

The problem is that the AP’s documentation shows that Melania was “paid for 10 modeling assignments between September 10 and October 15” — while she was still on the tourist visa. In other words, she was working on a visa that didn’t legally permit her to work — and thus was violating the terms by which she’d been allowed to come to the US".

https://apnews.com/37dc7aef0ce44077930b7436be7bfd0d

So, are you OK with a Slovenian model working here illegally and sending money back to her home country, or do you reserve your animosity for poor, non-white illegals?

Whatever the real truth is there is nothing we can do about it now so why should we harp about it? She is a U.S. citizen now so move along. We are focusing on the illegal immigration issue of which there are millions of them here today and raping our country in every way.

Old 07-27-2019, 10:17 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,592,679 times
Clowns in Congress and executive branch racing ahead of each other to express unconditional allegience to Israel do not bother right wingers, nevermind uwavering support for Israel became de facto mandatory if one wants to remain a member of American political class.

Old 07-27-2019, 10:22 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I don’t trust the odds, and just because you and your parents were born here is meaningless. In fact, my suspicion is running MORE high that you’re not loyal.

So like you’re demanding of Tlab and Omar, I need evidence of your loyalty. Because if you guys are gonna play this game of “guess who’s not patriotic,” it’s imperative that you become targets too.

Okay.

Anyway, I’m now questioning your loyalty to this country. Prove that you’re loyal.

If you're looking for a guarantee on anything, you're going to be sorely disappointed..

Prove that I'm not.

Here..... I'll go you one better and just dare you to provide any evidence at all that even remotely suggests that I'm not.

Scour through every post I've ever made on CD if you like.

See that's the problem the Left has recently developed.....

They're so sure that Trump is guilty of SOMETHING.....that now they think guilty until proven innocent should be the norm.

Unless of course it's an illegal alien.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies