Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2019, 09:26 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Trump, bump stock ban. Do you trust him here?
I trust the text of the Constitution, over any human.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2019, 09:29 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If you are too dangerous to possess a firearm, then you are too dangerous to be free to walk the streets of society.

All people have the right to keep and bear what ever arms they wish. That shall not be infringed.

Our new leftist Dem governor from CA that ambushed us from Vegas just signed a red flag here in NV. Goes into effect in January next year. I'm VERY leery of these laws. Justifiably so.

A while back now, been well over a year, I was sitting at home one afternoon and nothing on my agenda so I decided to drink. I got pretty tuned but wasn't even out of control or anything and this little gal who is a friend of mine decided to do an unannounced visit.

She just walks in without even a by your leave and then freaks out because she saw I had been imbibing. Now for certain medical reasons I shouldn't drink. But Hey stuff happens sometimes. Any way she up and dials 911 because she thought I needed medics, which I didn't but she told the operator I had been drinking and had guns.

LOL, ya think it was medics that showed up? Next thing I know as I'm trying to calm her down (she has a mental issue from a TBI) I have two cops in my living room and three outside with shotguns and M4s. Of course there was an assumption that I had threatened her and was waving a hot weapon around in a drunken stupor.

So here I sits in my chair calmly trying to tell these deputies who are ready for a firefight that there is NO problem here. My firearms were secured in my bedroom, unloaded and with a chain through the trigger guards. Yes I had been drinking no I was not even close to being violent or dangerous in any way and I had not even threatened this gal. Or anyone else.

One cop looks at the other cop after this gall who had caused all this verified what I had told them and asks what the hell they were doing there. There' no crime. No law says I can't be tuned up in my own house and I wasn't being stupid. This gal just assumed that because I had been drinking and there was guns in my house something had to be done.

She had called wanting medics but just had to go and say guns and alcohol. Never in my life have I even gone near my weapons while I was impaired. Never. Not once. The one cop is telling the other cop that there's nothing for the to do here, he tells the others outside it was all good and go. Then the other one up and says he thinks they should take my guns "to be on the safe side." Me? Umm no. I had not done anything wrong or illegal. I sure wasn't letting cops take my guns. I would never see them again and I said as much to this clown. No way Jose".

Then the first cop says "well how do you want to justify that?" There is no crime here. The guy has been drinking in his own house and so what? His guns are secured and unloaded and this lady who called us said he wasn't being violent or threatening. Nothing for us to do." And that's where it ended.

They left, so did she and I went about my business. Now, under this new law those cops could have just up and taken my guns whether I was being stupid or not just because that gal called with a concern. Justified or not. And I guarantee you I would never have seen my guns again. They would have "disappeared in evidence" meaning some cop judge or DA took them home to their personal collection. My firearms are high end and very nice.

I don't trust LE. I see all manner of problems with these red flag laws. They have the total potential to be blatantly abused. By both LE and citizens with an ax to grind. I'm not even convinced.

Old 08-08-2019, 09:41 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Our new leftist Dem governor from CA that ambushed us from Vegas just signed a red flag here in NV. Goes into effect in January next year. I'm VERY leery of these laws. Justifiably so.

A while back now, been well over a year, I was sitting at home one afternoon and nothing on my agenda so I decided to drink. I got pretty tuned but wasn't even out of control or anything and this little gal who is a friend of mine decided to do an unannounced visit.

She just walks in without even a by your leave and then freaks out because she saw I had been imbibing. Now for certain medical reasons I shouldn't drink. But Hey stuff happens sometimes. Any way she up and dials 911 because she thought I needed medics, which I didn't but she told the operator I had been drinking and had guns.

LOL, ya think it was medics that showed up? Next thing I know as I'm trying to calm her down (she has a mental issue from a TBI) I have two cops in my living room and three outside with shotguns and M4s. Of course there was an assumption that I had threatened her and was waving a hot weapon around in a drunken stupor.

So here I sits in my chair calmly trying to tell these deputies who are ready for a firefight that there is NO problem here. My firearms were secured in my bedroom, unloaded and with a chain through the trigger guards. Yes I had been drinking no I was not even close to being violent or dangerous in any way and I had not even threatened this gal. Or anyone else.

One cop looks at the other cop after this gall who had caused all this verified what I had told them and asks what the hell they were doing there. There' no crime. No law says I can't be tuned up in my own house and I wasn't being stupid. This gal just assumed that because I had been drinking and there was guns in my house something had to be done.

I don't trust LE. I see all manner of problems with these red flag laws. They have the total potential to be blatantly abused. By both LE and citizens with an ax to grind. I'm not even convinced.
Well, surely - most can agree. At the very same time...in the world I live in....90% of the time it is the Right or GOP fighting for MORE rights and "law and order" for LE. For example, in our town they passed a law that allowed Police to enter a home without a warrant....the only "nays" for the law came from Dems and Independents...every Republican was for it.

Even here on CD we hear constant rants claiming the GOP is all behind LE and law and order.

One can't have it both ways. If the cops are allowed to enter your house without a warrant and take your kids or others into custody (maybe they were having a party?), then anything goes, right? If they can take your body they surely can take your possessions.

Maybe you don't get violent when you drink. But maybe your neighbor gets ultra-violent when they drink and maybe their firearms are not locked up and maybe they have a history of domestic violence with "charges dropped" because the kids or wife were scared......

Then what?

Old 08-08-2019, 09:44 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Well, surely - most can agree. At the very same time...in the world I live in....90% of the time it is the Right or GOP fighting for MORE rights and "law and order" for LE. For example, in our town they passed a law that allowed Police to enter a home without a warrant....the only "nays" for the law came from Dems and Independents...every Republican was for it.

Even here on CD we hear constant rants claiming the GOP is all behind LE and law and order.

One can't have it both ways. If the cops are allowed to enter your house without a warrant and take your kids or others into custody (maybe they were having a party?), then anything goes, right? If they can take your body they surely can take your possessions.

Maybe you don't get violent when you drink. But maybe your neighbor gets ultra-violent when they drink and maybe their firearms are not locked up and maybe they have a history of domestic violence with "charges dropped" because the kids or wife were scared......

Then what?
So we should lose rights for what others do? How can you even think that is right?

Old 08-08-2019, 09:45 AM

8,499 posts, read 4,563,867 times
Only a lunatic would think other lunatics should have guns.

Old 08-08-2019, 05:24 PM

2,771 posts, read 2,304,565 times
Given that a good 80-90% of the claims will be fictional - ie. jilted lovers, misdirected family members, bosses and coworkers, busybody neighbors, teachers, and nurses, etc, each of them falsely making up stories to line up with their Leftist agenda, anybody can see how the obvious flagrant abuse of Red Flag Laws will make them meaningless.

Old 08-08-2019, 05:28 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If you are too dangerous to possess a firearm, then you are too dangerous to be free to walk the streets of society.

All people have the right to keep and bear what ever arms they wish. That shall not be infringed.
Take it up with the 17 states and DC that have such laws, no two of which are alike.

Old 08-08-2019, 05:35 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,509,747 times
Np mass shootings would have occured of liberals would have called out their own
Heck the El Paso, Dayton, Aurora CI, Florida High School, Gay club in Florida, San Bernadino Ca, Virginia Tech, Newtown CT etc were all drug induced or Land liberals.
But, Red Flag laws are Unconstituitonal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies