Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2019, 05:15 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,668,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Fine with his constant lies and racist rhetoric.
What lies? WaPo is fake news.

racist rhetoric is what is coming from the squad, are you defending them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2019, 05:29 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
There's a thread on lies that you might want to check out.

Old 08-17-2019, 06:02 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,547,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Wrong.

Being an anti-Trumper doesn't make someone an Obama supporter, nor does it make someone a Democrat.

Everything isn't 'Us vs. Them'.
That’s the way they see it not sure exactly why I’ve been told I’m a liberal because I don’t support Trump and I single him out. But he is president, so why would I talk about Obama or anyone else when it comes to running this country? Since Trump took office Conservatives see things as us VS them you can be a middle of the road person. That’s doesn’t make sense to them.

Old 08-17-2019, 10:09 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,668,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Everything isn't 'Us vs. Them'.

Actually it kinda is... liberals are so quick to play the "racist" card since they try so hard to make everything about identity politics.

Quote:
Jesus take the wheel.

God has the wheel, ask him for wisdom.

Old 08-17-2019, 12:05 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
So anyway, back to the topic of Trump saying "Goddamn" and Evangelicals objecting to his using the Lord's name inappropriately, why is this what they object to?

Why not any of the other thousands of things he has said and done that contradict the Bible?

Why this?

Old 08-17-2019, 12:19 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,547,655 times
Quote:
So anyway, back to the topic of Trump saying "Goddamn" and Evangelicals objecting to his using the Lord's name inappropriately, why is this what they object to?

Why not any of the other thousands of things he has said and done that contradict the Bible?

Why this?
One would think this would rate pretty high up there when it comes to evangelicals beliefs.

Old 08-17-2019, 03:47 PM

1,893 posts, read 1,011,763 times
Quote:

Why this?

Agree, evangelicals are okay with him cheating on Melania w/ child and paying off a prostitute to keep quiet, but if he says the Lord's name in vain, that's a different story.

Old 08-17-2019, 06:47 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,399,515 times
it not about name in vain, or being a racist. he is no different from the tv show, and we knew about it.

so just blame him for everything, i mean he is dooing a better job than the last ten president, so go forth with the vile names, that all you got left. check the checklist of what you going complain about this week,

Old 08-17-2019, 07:10 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,544,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Using the Lord’s name in vain’
Evangelicals chafe at Trump’s blasphemy.

A Trump-supporting West Virginia state senator who represents many evangelicals got three phone calls from constituents complaining about Trump’s profanity after a recent rally.

Paul Hardesty didn’t pay much attention to President Donald Trump’s campaign rally in Greenville, N.C., last month until a third concerned constituent rang his cellphone.

The residents of Hardesty’s district — he’s a Trump-supporting West Virginia state senator — were calling to complain that Trump was “using the Lord’s name in vain,” Hardesty recounted.

The third phone call is when I actually went and watched his speech because each of them sounded distraught,” Hardesty, who describes himself as a conservative Democrat, said.

Here’s what he would have seen: Trump crowing, “They'll be hit so goddamn hard,” while bragging about bombing Islamic State militants. And Trump recounting his warning to a wealthy businessman: “If you don't support me, you're going to be so goddamn poor.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...fanity-1456178

Trump has always been good when it comes to putting his foot in his mouth. Things like this could be his start of downward spiraling.
They didn't care when he said that you grab them by the p...y but it offends them when he uses bad language. Amazing!

Old 08-17-2019, 07:59 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,544,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
unlikely among evangelicals (IMO). trump has lead a well documented life that is contradictory to the teachings of christianity. the evangelicals are aware of this and, for whatever reason, have completely embraced him. i doubt a couple GD bombs are going to shake that support.
Sorry to say this but I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies