Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2019, 10:25 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,500,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
This is hilarious. The left breeds mad dogs then is surprised when they bite everyone, not just conservatives.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ras...tion-on-israel

Talib wants to boycott fellow dem, Bill Maher.

I guess Talib's hatred of Jews exceeds her zeal for the dem party. Now that the dem party endorses Talib, they are officially becoming the party of anti-semiticism.
The right starts post on global warming and links papers that dispute their own contention. Pretty stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2019, 04:41 AM

10,491 posts, read 4,051,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
You know, as disgraceful as Bill Maher is on many issues (to include wishing for a recession to get rid of President Trump), he's one of my favorite leftists as he's at least willing to tell the truth on many things that most leftists aren't.
It's probably why the left are now attacking him. I also like Dinesh D' Souza, and think he tends to be pretty fair in his reporting, but he's not white, so he's safe for now. Likewise, I tend to not care much for Fox either, for the same reasons, too biased on one side. I like Tucker Carlson, and that's about it (he was the only one on that channel calling out Trump for bombing Syria)

Old 08-19-2019, 06:17 AM

989 posts, read 456,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
Bill maher does not like sjws and woke types. He has stated this before numerous times.
And he doesn't like boycotts of people stating their opinion as well.

He criticized her on his show Friday night and now she wants him to go away. Boo hoo. She needs to go. I don't like any politician trying to shut down entertainers for their opinions. Way too Trump like.

Old 08-19-2019, 07:40 AM

24,422 posts, read 23,084,509 times
I Talib doesn't like " Mr. Politically Correct", she must really be a radical.

Old 08-19-2019, 07:42 AM

34,240 posts, read 18,599,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I Talib doesn't like " Mr. Politically Correct", she must really be a radical.
If you are not 100% lock step in agreement with their views they will excoriate you. That's what fascists do. Maher is probably 95% or more in agreement with their insanity, yet one statement and he's to be boycotted.

Old 08-19-2019, 07:48 AM

18,472 posts, read 15,262,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
If you are not 100% lock step in agreement with their views they will excoriate you. That's what fascists do. Maher is probably 95% or more in agreement with their insanity, yet one statement and he's to be boycotted.
I say it is closer to 80-85%. He is rational on SJW’s and political correctness. He is very pro 1st amendment.....even for conservatives, and he is rational on the radical Muslim issue.

Old 08-19-2019, 08:31 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,103,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I say it is closer to 80-85%. He is rational on SJW’s and political correctness. He is very pro 1st amendment.....even for conservatives, and he is rational on the radical Muslim issue.
More like 50-50. Half rational libertarian leaning skeptic. Half doctrinaire lefty. But for a show biz entertainer type that's pretty good.

Old 08-19-2019, 08:37 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,119,783 times
Keep her in the spotlight.

Old 08-19-2019, 08:46 AM

52,292 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I would tend to agree here. I don't agree all that much with what Maher says in general but I give him more respect than most other liberal types as he calls out BS when he sees it on his "side"

He openly mocks the whole "woke" thing, like you said he calls out the SJW's and his views on Islam are spot on. When he had on Sam Harris and Ben Affleck on his show talking about Islam and when Ben had his little woke SJW hissy fit I thought I was going to pull an eye ball muscle rolling my eyes so hard.

Talib can call for a boycott all day. I ain't going to do anything, people are still going to watch HBO and Bill Maher if they are fans regardless of what that dumbass pinhead Talieb says.

Old 08-21-2019, 06:04 AM

15,982 posts, read 7,044,200 times
It is no surprise that Bill Maher has found a place among radical white supremacists. He always was a anti muslim hater and a shallow- brained idiot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies