Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2019, 09:31 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Why is calling it theft extreme? Because it sounds bad?

If government were voluntary then there would be no government.

But the majority didn't agree to it under monarchy. The same is true in China today, and the old Soviet Union. And even in America today I doubt the majority actually agree on every tax. And did Trump even win a majority of the vote?

Then why are we fighting?

I don't find this conversation remotely interesting because it misses the point. Sure taxation might be theft, and maybe collateral-damage is murder. But does that make taxation bad? What would actually happen if there was no taxation? Do you want to live in that world? If not then taxation is good.

That is the debate we ought to be having. Not trying to redefine words because it sounds bad.
They want the words to be redefined because it's the only way to make their world livable.

I don't know what the big deal is tbh. When you become an anarchist you don't redefine anymore and life goes on. You're disappointed in society, sure, but you are also relieved to be honest with yourself. If enough people refuse to believe in the false paradigm (the State) those words not only don't have to be redefined for them but the acts themselves don't have to be carried out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2019, 09:35 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
They want the words to be redefined because it's the only way to make their world livable.

I don't know what the big deal is tbh. When you become an anarchist you don't redefine anymore and life goes on. You're disappointed in society, sure, but you are also relieved to be honest with yourself. If enough people refuse to believe in the false paradigm (the State) those words not only don't have to be redefined for them but the acts themselves don't have to be carried out.
Because the State is a necessary evil and can be for the best or worse. Anarchy is always for the worst.

Old 08-21-2019, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Because the State is a necessary evil and can be for the best or worse. Anarchy is always for the worst.
Mental exhaustion is setting in. I may need to ask the State for permission to get some rest and return later.

Old 08-21-2019, 10:00 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,119,604 times
Quote:
Well I'm not much of a fan of property tax. Most of it goes to public schools, which I'm also not a fan. To "educate" illegal aliens, foreigners and other misfits that shouldn't even be in my neighborhood or district. I could accept paying for real American's kids to get a real education, but not what it's actually being used for.
I could accept paying for it if it was 100% voluntary. But it's not.

Old 08-21-2019, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post

It truly is a weight off your shoulders when you accept anarchy and realize that the State is inherently beyond redemption.

Old 08-21-2019, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Nope. The State is an unnecessary evil.

Anarchy is human nature.

Old 08-21-2019, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeldor View Post
I could accept paying for it if it was 100% voluntary. But it's not.
If it was voluntary, I wouldn't pay because I reject open borders neighborhoods and the alien and invasive species it brings in .

Old 08-21-2019, 10:21 PM

Quote:
If it was voluntary, I wouldn't pay because I reject open borders neighborhoods and the alien and invasive species it brings in .
Open borders is a fallacy.

Property borders are the only proper demarcations.

Old 08-21-2019, 10:28 PM

Quote:

The irony, of course, is that with legitimate private property borders and freedom of association you could very well never have to pay for or come across another human being you didn't want to have those dealings with.

Plus it's all done non-violently. You know, if human trafficking and kidnapping (the real definitions of "border security") are immoral to you.

Old 08-21-2019, 10:29 PM

Quote:

That's where you really lose me completely. A controlled border is everything, anything else is secondary and negotiable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies