Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2019, 09:08 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Seeing amateur Bad Science on internet discussion forums, because they can't get published anywhere else, leads me to think CDS = Climate Denial Syndrome.

Climate Denial Syndrome is an irrational belief system held by the sufferer to compensate for insecurities that climate change might lead to controls or taxes on gasoline or diesel needed to fuel their oversized trucks and SUVs.

Climate Denial Syndrome often appears with Oversized Vehicle Syndrome, in which the sufferer buys very large vehicles even though they have no occupational, business or family use for them. OVS is a Freudian mechanism where the large vehicles compensate for undersized genitalia.

Sorry, I never denied the climate changes. I am mentally stable. Try again. Climate Derangement Syndrome though seems to be very real based on on all the apocalyptic predictions which have yet to come true.

Since over ten years ago when al-Gore started blathering about it and turned it into a money making scheme.

Old 08-28-2019, 09:20 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
You’ve never been in. Just taunts..

Reason its the same old crap is because the information has been the same. You just refuse to listen.
If scientific evidence won't convince them that man evolved or that the universe is billions of years old, they won't be convinced that climate change isn't a liberal hoax. Most conservatives have their mind made up on this issue.

Old 08-28-2019, 09:22 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
If scientific evidence won't convince them that man evolved or that the universe is billions of years old, they won't be convinced that climate change isn't a liberal hoax. Most conservatives have their mind made up on this issue.
180 degrees out of phase...

Old 08-28-2019, 10:29 AM

54,498 posts, read 33,869,039 times
The earth has experienced periods of natural cooling and heating trends over time and those trends can vary in length of time, earth's axial tilt also varies over time, it won't always be 23.5 degrees, and when that tilt is reduced, even by a very small amount, it will cause ice in the polar caps to melt and that will affect climate all over the world.

overall the sun, like all stars, is expanding as it uses up its energy and it'll make the planet hotter and over time earth's cooling periods will be shorter and warmer. In a few hundreds of millions of years, it'll eventually swallow up most or all the planets in the solar system before it turns into a different type of star.

Old 08-28-2019, 11:04 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,117,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
You never even attempted to answer his question.
You obviously know what the answer is. To reduce emissions and push to move to cleaner energy etc.
And I was agreeing that other countries seem to not follow. So i honestly think nothing will be done.

Its known what should be done, but there’s very little faith in humanity..

Old 08-28-2019, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
FFS another day, another Chicano hair on fire the earth is going to die retarded thread.

Get. A. Life.

You commie ctrl-FREAKS are PATHETIC!
Just sharing info. Relax man..

Old 08-28-2019, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I just asked Chicano about it. I'm being serious.

If nature gave rise to us maybe our activities are part of its plan?

I thought you tree huggers were all about humans being subservient to the will of nature?
There is no plan. Intelligence is not a goal of nature. We just got lucky through the right circumstances.

Old 08-28-2019, 12:14 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
There is no plan. Intelligence is not a goal of nature. We just got lucky through the right circumstances.
How did we get lucky? Is there something inherently "good" in being a human? Personally, I'd rather be a bear or a dog if I had my say.

In any event, nature gave rise to humans as a part of its ecosystem. There is no social contract with it. There is no social contract with the other humans either but at least we can communicate our differences on that matter due to language (over 99% of the population telling me we do indeed have a social contract).

Is there anyway to find out nature's will? Horse whisperers, psychics? How do we get this one done? Or is it all about wealth confiscation, restricting freedom of movement, restricting freedom of association, and regulation?

I know which theory my money is on...literally.

Old 08-28-2019, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
How did we get lucky? Is there something inherently "good" in being a human? Personally, I'd rather be a bear or a dog if I had my say.

In any event, nature gave rise to humans as a part of its ecosystem. There is no social contract with it. There is no social contract with the other humans either but at least we can communicate our differences on that matter due to language (over 99% of the population telling me we do indeed have a social contract).

Is there anyway to find out nature's will? Horse whisperers, psychics? How do we get this one done? Or is it all about wealth confiscation, restricting freedom of movement, restricting freedom of association, and regulation?

I know which theory my money is on...literally.
We got lucky in developing intelligence. Nothing inherently “good”. That’s just how things happened. One mutation lead to another and here we are. But nature can care less about intelligence. Infact, nature, or evolution doesn’t favor anything. It’s all chance.

Old 08-28-2019, 12:22 PM

15,845 posts, read 6,547,612 times
Is this climate change scenario inevitable for any emergent technological species, I wonder?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies