Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2019, 06:27 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,222,068 times

Advertisements

More unhinged lunacy from TDS sufferers. There is no change to children born overseas to US citizen parents.

And the media continues to push #FakeNews. No wonder why trust in the media is at all time lows.

Old 08-28-2019, 06:43 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
So now if you are a US citizen serving the US government, your children will have to apply to become citizens? This is crazy. Good grief!!!!
Not if they are born to US citizen parents.

Old 08-28-2019, 06:45 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
More unhinged lunacy from TDS sufferers. There is no change to children born overseas to US citizen parents.

And the media continues to push #FakeNews. No wonder why trust in the media is at all time lows.
It is only because the USCIS put out a fairly confusing release with out a memo or executive summary saying that military births overseas aren't effected, it is just baiting. I seriously wonder if Trump has these situations to troll the media based on misleading comments.

Old 08-28-2019, 06:56 PM

5,340 posts, read 4,428,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
It was an update to a technical policy manual, not a public communication.

All the confusion was caused by reporters who reported on something they completely failed to understand.

Get it straight from the source.

Read the twitter thread here, be sure to read the whole thread.

https://twitter.com/USCISCuccinelli/...23558665969664

https://twitter.com/USCISCuccinelli/...26012421840899
Yeah, I know that. I quoted from USCIS directly, not a tweet.

I took moneill's post to mean she was taking about the news sources reporting it, which is what you are saying here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 08-28-2019, 07:02 PM

5,340 posts, read 4,428,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
It is only because the USCIS put out a fairly confusing release with out a memo or executive summary saying that military births overseas aren't effected, it is just baiting. I seriously wonder if Trump has these situations to troll the media based on misleading comments.
To those of us that read government documents everyday, it was not the slightest bit confusing.

Many people don't bother to read past headlines or the first few sentences of, well, anything at all. Contained in the USCIS release there were several citations and footnotes that the average reader really needed to go read so that it would all make sense. But, again, most people don't bother to do a deep dive.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Old 08-28-2019, 07:07 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,661,496 times
Screwing over veterans is business as usual.

Trump... Well, one doesn't usually see that directly from the commander in chief.

Has anyone mentioned to Trump or his supporters that American corporations can be 100% owned by foreigners?

Old 08-28-2019, 07:08 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
Yeah, I know that. I quoted from USCIS directly, not a tweet.

I took moneill's post to mean she was taking about the news sources reporting it, which is what you are saying here.
Nope --- I meant the White House.....and of course media ran with it

If the policy was written so that it could have been misinterpreted.....the White House should have known to add clarification.

Please remember that the role of The White House is not to troll the media, play games with the media or critics but to make sure we, the American people understand clearly concisely without any room for interpretation by the press.'

Poorly executed press release on purpose or by accident -- either way speaks to the incompetence of this admin.

Old 08-28-2019, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Still inexcusable from a media perspective. If you're confused about something, you seek clarification. But today's media wants to rush to attack President Trump first, ask questions later, even if it means getting it wrong initially.

Old 08-28-2019, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Nope --- I meant the White House.....and of course media ran with it

If the policy was written so that it could have been misinterpreted.....the White House should have known to add clarification.

Please remember that the role of The White House is not to troll the media, play games with the media or critics but to make sure we, the American people understand clearly concisely without any room for interpretation by the press.'

Poorly executed press release on purpose or by accident -- either way speaks to the incompetence of this admin.
How about media seek clarification before recklessly running with a story that would represent a MAJOR policy change for US citizens board abroad?

Today's media is so unhinged and anti-Trump, though, that their desire to attack and hurt President Trump first, ask questions later is what led to this mess. Don't blame the policy on this. These media types aren't children (as much as they behave like children at times). If they followed standard journalistic practice, this could have been avoided.

Old 08-28-2019, 07:16 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
It's pretty much an unnecessary change.
Agreed, Lily.

Based on the "clarifications" published - what exactly has changed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies