Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2019, 11:17 AM

11,284 posts, read 11,055,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Perhaps you stop listening or discount other reasons (that's called denial) or they consider you a hopeless failure in your reasoning. Trump's trade and foreign policies have crippled this country by turning us into a pariah internationally and he will ruin everything we have accomplished on the environment level. His failure to accept the science of global climate change is one good reason to vote against him. He sees it as a money making opportunity (Buy Greenland!). There once was a time when clean water and clean air mattered -- not under Trump. He opposes almost everything environmentalists stand for. He will gleefully sell off national monuments and authorize oil drilling on critical protected land. His trade war has sold farmers down the river -- and he brags about "winning". His idea of winning is bailouts to the squeaky wheels and to hell with everyone else. (And Trumpers have the stupidity to talk about "free stuff" from Democrats.) His immigration policy fiasco is straight from Joseph Goebbels -- always make it look like something is happening -- and has its roots in that condemned Nazi era. He has no healthcare strategy or policy. He could have been the infrastructure president but failed miserably on that.

There is plenty to complain about with Trump's personal faults and moral failures and his likely mental and emotional defects and instability but Trumpers make the willful choice to discount all of that and either ignore or stay ignorant of his policy crimes and failures. They purposely focus on his diversionary side shows and petty quarrels with public figures as a substitute for any policy or substance.
Ok, I get it, you hate the man with every ounce of your being. I know many out there feel the same way you do. If you want to wake up happy on November 9th 2020, my suggestion for the democrats is to find someone who is not a raving leftist and/or over 75 years old to become the front runner.

Even with all of Trumps faults and the millions that apparently hate him, you would think it would be a simple thing for democrats to find a suitable candidate that could mop the floor with him. But they cannot, and they think going extreme left is the answer. They are desperate, scared, and completely out of touch with what most Americans want to see their country strive towards (and trust me, open borders and free healthcare for illegals is far from one of those things).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2019, 12:45 PM

13,642 posts, read 4,958,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
But here is the issue for Democrats, especially with the first comment, that is the reality of how a large number people perceive the options. The non-fringe average isn’t saying it to anyone, because they know the backlash they’ll receive, but that doesn’t change that it is there. Unless Democrats are willing to address those perceptions they are setting it up quite nicely so that rational people just quietly vote for a guy they consider hugely flawed but who at least understands the importance of maintaining the sovereignty of the nation - and once again the media will be discussing the day after that the results didn’t match the polls, and instead of introspective research into what they missed in either who or how they polled, we’ll get to hear another round of “blah, blah” election interference.

By the way.... most people are probably unaware of how many kids going through high school right now support Trump, especially the boys.
I don't understand what any of this has to do with "women with dicks".

I also don't understand the last sentence. It's well-known that Millenials are especially anti-Trump. Polls don't usually include High School kids, so I can't confirm or dispute your claim, but everything I read says that teens are concerned with student debt, climate change and gun violence, and that LGBQT rights are a given.

Old 09-02-2019, 01:30 PM

4,523 posts, read 1,872,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I don't understand what any of this has to do with "women with dicks".
And that’s why (among many other reasons), Trump is getting a second term.

Old 09-02-2019, 01:37 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,745,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Ok, I get it, you hate the man with every ounce of your being. I know many out there feel the same way you do. If you want to wake up happy on November 9th 2020, my suggestion for the democrats is to find someone who is not a raving leftist and/or over 75 years old to become the front runner.

Even with all of Trumps faults and the millions that apparently hate him, you would think it would be a simple thing for democrats to find a suitable candidate that could mop the floor with him. But they cannot, and they think going extreme left is the answer. They are desperate, scared, and completely out of touch with what most Americans want to see their country strive towards (and trust me, open borders and free healthcare for illegals is far from one of those things).
I don't think as many as you say "hate" Trump. I believe it is more frustration that he can't be believed or trusted with anything he says or does.

Old 09-02-2019, 06:19 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,778,187 times
Why vote against Trump?

Simple: 1984.

If you think Oceania, the totalitarian regime in 1984 was great, then vote for Trump.

If you worry that Trump is exactly what Orwell had in mind when he wrote his cautionary tale about how easy it is to go from democracy to autocracy, then do not vote for Trump.

Old 09-02-2019, 06:37 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,602,238 times
Senility, lies, ignorance, no checks from the Trump worshiping crowd, narcissistic personality disorder, lack of values and concerns for the world, normalizing abnormal, unacceptable and diviant, energizing lunacy, paranoia and psychopathy, all around decline propped up by tax give aways to the rich, no tax returns, no way to know how him and his family cabal cashed on his presidency.

Old 09-02-2019, 06:41 PM

13,642 posts, read 4,958,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
And that’s why (among many other reasons), Trump is getting a second term.
OoohKaay. So, going back to the OP, the question in this thread was what argument would you make to get a Trump voter to no longer support him. Many people would bring up the fact that he is rude, crude, childish, racist and ignorant. But that obviously won't matter to the type that writes about "women with dicks". In fact, those traits are just what they like about him. There are no arguments that would sway those who see Trump as their politically incorrect messiah.

Perhaps when they see that jobs aren't coming back from overseas, the trade war is being lost, they are losing their healthcare coverage, farmers are going broke, and the deficit is going up not down....... But these realizations will likely come too late to be a factor in 2020.

Old 09-02-2019, 06:42 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,313,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Senility, lies, ignorance, no checks from the Trump worshiping crowd, narcissistic personality disorder, lack of values and concerns for the world, normalizing abnormal, unacceptable and diviant, energizing lunacy, paranoia and psychopathy, all around decline propped up by tax give aways to the rich, no tax returns, no way to know how him and his family cabal cashed on his presidency.
Have no fear..... Obama & his gang cashed in on the Obama presidency. He just bought a 15 million dollar complex. That is CASHING IN. I wouldn't worry about Trump. He was rich before elected and he'll be rich after he leaves office.

Old 09-02-2019, 06:50 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,602,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
He was rich before elected and he'll be rich after he leaves office.
We have to trust Trump on that one, right?

Old 09-02-2019, 06:51 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,313,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
We have to trust Trump on that one, right?
Did he exaggerate his wealth? Probably. But he was still rich before he was elected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies