Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2019, 06:46 AM

59,067 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Incumbents stay in office as career politicians sometimes for over thirty years. Biden was in office for 40. They've become like Royalty, and the only reason we've not had more tyranny and oppression from government is our ability to at least fight back enough to make them think twice.
"Incumbents stay in office as career politicians...." ONLY because the people VOTE for them.

Don't like yours, run against him. As they say, "If you are NOT PART of the SOLUTION, you ARE part of the PROBLEM!"

It is easy to sit back on your computer and whine. Become ACTIVE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2019, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
Why is Walmart showing more wisdom than Our Fake President?
When is hillary's inauguration?

Old 09-05-2019, 06:56 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Incumbents stay in office as career politicians...." ONLY because the people VOTE for them.

Don't like yours, run against him. As they say, "If you are NOT PART of the SOLUTION, you ARE part of the PROBLEM!"

It is easy to sit back on your computer and whine. Become ACTIVE.
I have been active in political campaigns most of my adult life. The political reality is the Incumbents have a HUGE advantage in getting re-elected. Even if it is just name recognition.

So instead of accusing me of "whining" you should educate yourself.

Old 09-05-2019, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
This year alone around 8,000 retail businesses have closed shop. While I am sure the reasons for this is varied one main cause is gun violence. Many of Americans have stopped shopping at malls and other retail shops simply to cut their risk of being shot or injured. This now also applies to grocery shopping. We can order anything we like from the comfort and safety of our homes.
There are also a large number of parents who are opting for homeschooling in order to keep their children out of harm's way.

In other words there is a huge number of Americans who are hiding from gun violence. The NRA and supporters now support guns over retail business and the safety of citizens especially children. These people want their guns and they don't care who is killed in the process. This is what America has become.
"This year alone around 8,000 retail businesses have closed shop" , "Many of Americans have stopped shopping at malls and other retail shops simply to cut their risk of being shot or injured"
I would like to see stats on these for the demographics of the areas.

How many are in black neighborhoods where gun crime's are rampant.

Did the drug store re-open in Balt. after it was "smashed and grabbed" during it's last "riot"?

My area is building more and more shopping at malls and other retail shops, refurbishing older ones, etc.

Old 09-05-2019, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Do you any good?
Sure, never had to stop hunting and target shooting for a LACK of armaments.

Old 09-05-2019, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The point is: without guns, no gun violence is possible.
And how are you going to bet all the guns away from all the bad guys?

How are people going to defend themselves against the bad guys who are STILL armed?

Some people DON'T think things thru before posting.

Old 09-05-2019, 11:00 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,814,811 times
You have to wonder why Switzerland doesn't have more deaths by guns.

The US has 120 guns for every 100 people. This includes handguns, shot guns, long guns. SUI (CH) has 30 (scary black) guns for every 100 people.... mostly semi automatic military variants. I would say SUI has a well armed population. Estimates for US is 10 million semi auto's of the military variants.
So as far as military variants? we are equal. I'll assume all other guns are not the issue.

So I ask what's the difference between the well arm Swiss and the well armed Americans? Guns about the same... so

Old 09-05-2019, 11:09 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,587,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
And how are you going to bet all the guns away from all the bad guys?

How are people going to defend themselves against the bad guys who are STILL armed?

Some people DON'T think things thru before posting.
Again, these would be better questions if numerous other countries hadn't already given us a successful road map to doing so. I see no reason why laws that were successfully implemented in the UK and Australia could not be equally successful in the US if we had the political will to promulgate them.

Old 09-05-2019, 11:11 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Again, these would be better questions if numerous other countries hadn't already given us a successful road map to doing so. I see no reason why laws that were successfully implemented in the UK and Australia could not be equally successful in the US if we had the political will to promulgate them.

Got to amend the Constitution first......and they didn't have our Constitution when they changed things.

Old 09-05-2019, 11:36 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,814,811 times
It will never happen. Self defense is a right.... our constitution says so. The "gun control camp" should focus on mental health issues and drugs that's where the most good can be done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies