Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2019, 08:25 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,112,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
" If you like your plan you can keep it" is the biggest lie ever told to the American people. Playing games and lying about people's healthcare is evil, Obama was that charlatan. Odd Dems would talk of telling the truth as a standard for Presidential conduct after 8 years of Obama lies.
Even if you consider it an outright lie and not an honest mistake, it's literally 1 example. Trump tells more blatant lies every time he goes on Twitter. There have been thousands upon thousands of documented lies by Trump. You're going to have to do so much better than this to make Obama seem like the bigger liar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2019, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Oh, and lets not forget gruber, the guy who was instrumental in writing the aca....

Good lord the left has short memories....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...2a2_story.html
Yet Trump and Republicans did nothing about it when they could have. Why not? In doing nothing, they now own it. It proves that while Republicans are great at criticizing, they have no actual ideas of their own beyond scaring people about immigrants, gays and black people.

Old 09-06-2019, 08:37 AM

46,376 posts, read 27,210,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
The ACA was and is flawed, but Republicans have done nothing to fix or replace it with anything better, have they? They also helped to make the law worse during its original inception because they wanted it to fail, so Republicans now own it as much as Obama. The law could be improved, but no one has the political will to do so.
So this is all you have? I was expecting a pretty big list of things, but all you've given is an example of a flawed health care law that had good intentions, ended up being too watered down to be all that effective, and in which the opposition party, even when they had full government control, refused to do anything about.

Repubs own nothing of it, not a single repub voted for it....even when the dems owned the house and senate, what did they do with it? zero, nota....nothing....

More than that, but don't worry about it.....I can post a lot more of Obama lies, but in the end they would be deleted due to copy right....

Quote:
Has the Times forgotten about Edward Snowden? Obama responded to Snowden’s stunning revelations of the National Security Agency’s vacuuming up millions of Americans’ personal data by going on the Jay Leno Show and proclaiming: “There is no spying on Americans.” But NSA’s definition of “terrorist suspect” was so ludicrously broad that it includes anyone “searching the web for suspicious stuff” (maybe including presidential lies). Obama’s verbal defenses of NSA spying collapsed like a row of houses of cards.

Quote:
In early 2009, Obama visited Mexico and, in a spiel calling for the renewal of the assault weapon ban, asserted that “more than 90 percent of the guns recovered in Mexico come from the United States.” This vastly overstated the actual problem, since that statistic measured only firearms that Mexican authorities sent to the U.S. for tracing.

Quote:
In July 2016, Obama asserted: “We flood communities with so many guns that it is easier for a teenager to buy a Glock than get his hands on a computer or even a book.”

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...ies-and-frauds

Some more for you reading pleasure..

Obama

https://thefederalist.com/2019/05/31...a-told-brazil/

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi..._he_broke.html

https://www.gop.com/the-top-10-broke...ma-presidency/

Quote:
Obama abandoned his commitment to "unprecedented" transparency.
Obama has failed on his promise to close GITMO.
Obama failed to end the war in Iraq and finish the job in Afghanistan.
Obama broke his promise to pursue a "tough, smart and principled national security strategy."
Obama broke his promise not to raise taxes on the middle-class.
Obama failed to grow the middle-class and Americans' incomes.
Obama broke his promise to allow Americans to keep their plans and lower costs under Obamacare.
Obama failed to make immigration a top priority and pass comprehensive reform in his first year.
Obama failed to "nail shut" the revolving door of lobbyists working in his administration.
Obama broke his promise to bring both parties together to enact a bipartisan agenda.

Again, I can continue, or you can just google it, and there are thousands of pages of Obama lies....but again, you don't care....you agreed with them....

Old 09-06-2019, 08:38 AM

1,260 posts, read 1,106,699 times
Quote:
the aca for one.....still waiting on my $2500.....maybe you forgot the lady who was jumping up and down saying obama gonna pay all my bills.....

How many redlines were laid out by obama?

If you like your dr/insurance you can keep it...which BTW was given lie of the year.....

Under my plan, all Americans will be coved by insurance....

Shall I go on?
The only “Redline” I recall was Syria, and yes.. that was a screw up.

Regarding the ACA: Let’s break it down since it’s a favorite on low-info radio.
1. Obama and his administration drafts a healthcare plan and sends it to congress.
2. Obama then tours around the country selling said plan.
3. Congress passes something very different.

Did he oversell it ? - yes. Was he naive in his ability to will congress? - absolutely, but calling it a lie is propaganda pure and simple. This is the equivalent of claiming that Trump lied because he couldn’t repeal the ACA. Congress does what congress does.

Old 09-06-2019, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Yet Trump and Republicans did nothing about it when they could have. Why not? In doing nothing, they now own it. It proves that while Republicans are great at criticizing, they have no actual ideas of their own beyond scaring people about immigrants, gays and black people.

Good meme, you must be following the leftist memo that went out about gays/blacks/immigrants...

Old 09-06-2019, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Repubs own nothing of it, not a single repub voted for it....even when the dems owned the house and senate, what did they do with it? zero, nota....nothing....

More than that, but don't worry about it.....I can post a lot more of Obama lies, but in the end they would be deleted due to copy right....

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...ies-and-frauds

Some more for you reading pleasure..

Obama

https://thefederalist.com/2019/05/31...a-told-brazil/

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi..._he_broke.html

https://www.gop.com/the-top-10-broke...ma-presidency/

Again, I can continue, or you can just google it, and there are thousands of pages of Obama lies....but again, you don't care....you agreed with them....
I'm sorry, but I just can't deal with your rambling, childlike posting style, so this will be my last response to you.
You didn't answer why Republicans, after spending years calling the ACA trash, did absolutely nothing about it when they held all 3 branches of government. Why did they fail so badly to get rid of something they hated so much and, according to you and them, is so awful and based on lies? Are Republicans really that incompetent? Did Trump just lie when he stated fixing healthcare would be easy?

All of your links are to either conservative opinion pieces or directly from the freaking GOP. It's like you're trying not to be taken seriously. Obama had plenty of flaws as president. I didn't expect this to be so difficult for you. The 10 "lies" on the GOP site are hilarious, btw. They're so vague and meaningless as to be completely useless. Not one specific policy listed. Not one quote. And half or more are things that either Republicans have continued doing themselves, or made worse. This is the kind of stuff that reminds me why I can't have any real debate with most Trump supporters- they really have nothing to offer.

Old 09-06-2019, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Red Road View Post
The only “Redline” I recall was Syria, and yes.. that was a screw up.

Regarding the ACA: Let’s break it down since it’s a favorite on low-info radio.
1. Obama and his administration drafts a healthcare plan and sends it to congress.
2. Obama then tours around the country selling said plan.
3. Congress passes something very different.

Did he oversell it ? - yes. Was he naive in his ability to will congress? - absolutely, but calling it a lie is propaganda pure and simple. This is the equivalent of claiming that Trump lied because he couldn’t repeal the ACA. Congress does what congress does.

It was propaganda, nothing more nothing less....he sold it long before it was ever given to congress, he sold it on the campaign trail.....

May 29th 2007...

Quote:
"My plan begins by covering every American. If you already have health insurance, the only thing that will change for you under this plan is that the amount of money you will spend on premiums will be less," Obama said. "If you are one of 45 million Americans who don't have health insurance, you will after this plan becomes law."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-u...lth-care-plan/

Listen a liar is a liar, I've asked this question before with no answer....

How many lies does it take to make a person a liar? Many on the left supported obama as a known liar, yet now care that trump is lying....those that supported obama did not care because obama was doing the job they wanted him to do. Same thing is happening with trump....

Old 09-06-2019, 08:47 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I just can't deal with your rambling, childlike posting style, so this will be my last response to you.

Good, you cannot answer anything anyway....

Quote:
You didn't answer why Republicans, after spending years calling the ACA trash, did absolutely nothing about it when they held all 3 branches of government. Why did they fail so badly to get rid of something they hated so much and, according to you and them, is so awful and based on lies? Are Republicans really that incompetent? .

Because they did not have a super majority, that's why.... oh and johm McCain.....

Quote:
All of your links are to either conservative opinion pieces or directly from the freaking GOP. It's like you're trying not to be taken seriously. Obama had plenty of flaws as president. I didn't expect this to be so difficult for you.

Got it, they are GOP links....so therefore the content is wrong....except that it's not....and that's why you are running away like a little child....good bye....have fun with your closed off life and not willing to read anything other than what you're told....

Old 09-06-2019, 09:02 AM

1,260 posts, read 1,106,699 times
Quote:
It was propaganda, nothing more nothing less....he sold it long before it was ever given to congress, he sold it on the campaign trail.....

May 29th 2007...

"My plan begins by covering every American. If you already have health insurance, the only thing that will change for you under this plan is that the amount of money you will spend on premiums will be less," Obama said. "If you are one of 45 million Americans who don't have health insurance, you will after this plan becomes law."

Obama’s plan DID cover every American, but he didn't get his way did he?
You’re trying to create a false equivalency, and you’re failing.

Old 09-06-2019, 09:17 AM

33,323 posts, read 12,614,644 times
Quote:
Oh, and lets not forget gruber, the guy who was instrumental in writing the aca....

Good lord the left has short memories....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...2a2_story.html
And the University of Rhode Island took down Gruber's presentation at a conference in 2012 that really buries him (I wish that one of the times I played it on YouTube on my computer that I had captured it on my phone).

When criticized, the university claimed that Gruber wouldn't let them repost it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies