Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2019, 10:02 PM

37,111 posts, read 41,292,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Hi Suzy. Yes, obviously that is how you determine what variants are consistently found in ASD.

Fun fact; my son & I are now participants in SPARK research. I am very much a believer in ASD as a multifactorial genetic disorder. However; the evidence that autism is an immune-mediated multifactorial genetic disorder, really cannot be ignored.

I already know that the research I want to see has not yet been done & one of the studies I would like to see involves doing the epidemiology of vaccines with autism that takes into consideration the known genetic variants involved.

Instead of studies such as the Denmark studies, that looked at vaccines/vaxxed = ASD VS 'less vaxxed = ASD?

I would like to see if vaccines/genetically at risk = ASD. This is simple & I believe there is enough data now to conduct this study. You can't say autism is genetic & then not conduct the epidemiology on those with the genetic risk factors; that's incomplete research & it's likely diluting the risk ratio.
The fact is that you are convinced vaccines cause autism and you keep trying to find evidence to support your belief. That is not the way scientific research works.

SPARK enrolls people with autism, and I applaud your having your family participate. I suspect having a family as large as yours provide information has some of the researchers drooling! However, SPARK does not just choose a random gene and go looking for people with that gene to see if they have autism. That's why I said you have it backwards.

The evidence that autism is an "immune mediated multifactorial genetic disorder" is just not there. For instance, look at the families that have one child, vaccinated, who is autistic. The parents decide not to vaccinate the next child, who also develops autism. The two children will share about one fourth of their overall genome. If vaccination is necessary to produce the "immune mediation" you postulate, why does the unvaccinated child have autism?

The epidemiology is conducted on those with the genetic risk factors. The specific genes involved are just now being identified, but they were there all along.

Old 09-13-2019, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
You’re cherry picking. Read further.
His decision is not supported by the statement that he does not believe vaccines cause SIDS. It's a schizophrenic conclusion.

Same experts, different case, different Special Master, different opinion.

https://www.courtlistener.com/opinio...uman-services/

Upheld on appeal:

https://www.courtlistener.com/opinio...uman-services/

Last edited by suzy_q2010; 09-13-2019 at 10:27 PM..

Old 09-13-2019, 10:22 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
This isn’t a VAERS Report. This is a payout (hard to get) from the special vaccine court. The family won their case. Not an easy thing to do. As we know, the court NEVER admits that the vaccine is at fault. That’s how they operate but the family won and his death was tied to the vaccines administered.

Dr. Douglas Miller who is quoted in the court document is a neuropathologist. https://www.muhealth.org/doctors/douglas-miller-md-phd
This is from your link:
"Goldman looked at VAERS data from 1990 to 2010 for hospitalizations and deaths after vaccinations and found a statistically significant positive correlation between mortality and receipt of five to eight vaccines compared to one to four."

So why are you bringing up a different doctor and claiming it's not VAERS-related?

Old 09-14-2019, 02:11 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
The fact is that you are convinced vaccines cause autism and you keep trying to find evidence to support your belief. That is not the way scientific research works.

SPARK enrolls people with autism, and I applaud your having your family participate. I suspect having a family as large as yours provide information has some of the researchers drooling! However, SPARK does not just choose a random gene and go looking for people with that gene to see if they have autism. That's why I said you have it backwards.

The evidence that autism is an "immune mediated multifactorial genetic disorder" is just not there. For instance, look at the families that have one child, vaccinated, who is autistic. The parents decide not to vaccinate the next child, who also develops autism. The two children will share about one fourth of their overall genome. If vaccination is necessary to produce the "immune mediation" you postulate, why does the unvaccinated child have autism?

The epidemiology is conducted on those with the genetic risk factors. The specific genes involved are just now being identified, but they were there all along.
There is no research that shows vaccine absolutely beyond a shadow of a doubt do not cause autism. The fact is you are so convinced its true you keep trying to find evidence to support our belief. That is not how scientific research works.

List all the individual studies that compared single vaccine doses to a NON vaccinated population.

For each and every vaccine on the market today, alongside 12-year followup for both the single-vaccines population and the non-vaccinated population.

DOESN'T EXIST

Now, add in studies that compared mutiple vaccines doses to a NON vaccinated population.

DOESN'T EXIST

Now, show follow-up data for the CUMULATIVE effects of multiple doses to a NON vaccinated population.

DOESN'T EXIST

The science to support your THEORY that vaccines do not cause autism, well, it doesn't exist.

Where are the hundreds of studies need to prove that "vaccines" a broad category of drugs made by many manufacturers, do not cause a specific condition?

DOESN'T EXIST

Old 09-14-2019, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Science is a field of study. It’s constantly evolving. Pease share the studies that prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that vaccine induced herd immunity will stop disease outbreaks. Be sure to include this for all vaccine preventable disease such as pertussis, measles, rotavirus, mumps, etc.
Good grief.

There is no such thing as "vaccine induced" herd immunity. Herd immunity is produced by both vaccination and immunity due to having the disease. You know, the concept is really not that difficult. The more people in a community are immune to a disease, the fewer susceptible people there are to catch the infection, and the less likely it is for anyone to be exposed to it. I think a fifth grader could understand that.

The biggest "study" that shows vaccination will stop outbreaks was the eradication of smallpox.

Every time a vaccine is introduced the incidence of the disease it prevents drops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
There is no research that shows vaccine absolutely beyond a shadow of a doubt do not cause autism. The fact is you are so convinced its true you keep trying to find evidence to support our belief. That is not how scientific research works.

List all the individual studies that compared single vaccine doses to a NON vaccinated population.

For each and every vaccine on the market today, alongside 12-year followup for both the single-vaccines population and the non-vaccinated population.

DOESN'T EXIST

Now, add in studies that compared mutiple vaccines doses to a NON vaccinated population.

DOESN'T EXIST

Now, show follow-up data for the CUMULATIVE effects of multiple doses to a NON vaccinated population.

DOESN'T EXIST

The science to support your THEORY that vaccines do not cause autism, well, it doesn't exist.

Where are the hundreds of studies need to prove that "vaccines" a broad category of drugs made by many manufacturers, do not cause a specific condition?

DOESN'T EXIST

Evidence that vaccines do cause autism DOESN'T EXIST.

The way you want studies done will never happen and is unnecessary. There are other ways to get the information, it has been done, and the autism experts agree that vaccines do not cause autism due to the lack of evidence to support it. For the most part, they no longer want to waste time, effort, and money on the idea. However, those pesky Danish researchers have done it again.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/324619.php

"[O]ur study does not support that MMR vaccination increases the risk for autism, triggers autism in susceptible children, or is associated with clustering of autism cases after vaccination."

Old 09-14-2019, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Good grief.

There is no such thing as "vaccine induced" herd immunity. Herd immunity is produced by both vaccination and immunity due to having the disease. You know, the concept is really not that difficult. The more people in a community are immune to a disease, the fewer susceptible people there are to catch the infection, and the less likely it is for anyone to be exposed to it. I think a fifth grader could understand that.

The biggest "study" that shows vaccination will stop outbreaks was the eradication of smallpox.

Every time a vaccine is introduced the incidence of the disease it prevents drops.

Evidence that vaccines do cause autism DOESN'T EXIST.

The way you want studies done will never happen and is unnecessary. There are other ways to get the information, it has been done, and the autism experts agree that vaccines do not cause autism due to the lack of evidence to support it. For the most part, they no longer want to waste time, effort, and money on the idea. However, those pesky Danish researchers have done it again.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/324619.php

"[O]ur study does not support that MMR vaccination increases the risk for autism, triggers autism in susceptible children, or is associated with clustering of autism cases after vaccination."
There have been no studies as I've listed them, which would show without a doubt, the side effects from each and every vaccine.

Until those studies are done you cannot make the claim that vaccines do NOT cause autism. Because there is no way to know that. Since the studies to track each individual vaccines side effects over time, as well as cumulative side effects over time, do not exist.

The heart of science is observation. You don't want to observe. You do not want to know. You want to continue to PRETEND that you know. Which is called ignorance.

Is 3rd shift almost over?

Old 09-14-2019, 04:25 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,196,161 times
Quote:
If you have your vaccine, why do you care what other choices other people make?
THIS is an example of why the social conversation about vaccines is so important. MANY people don't know how they work, why they work and why it is is an important SOCIETAL issue.

Old 09-14-2019, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
THIS is an example of why the social conversation about vaccines is so important. MANY people don't know how they work, why they work and why it is is an important SOCIETAL issue.
If vaccines work for whomever gets them, it doesn't matter if someone else doesn't get them. Right? [opens door]

If you are so concerned about vaccines, start protesting the manufacturers. Demand that they make vaccines that are actually effective. Instead of "depending" on others to get them.

its the equivalent of saying if that lady eats a salad, hey, I'll lose weight!!!

Old 09-14-2019, 05:40 AM

According to the CDC:

Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 480,000 deaths per year in the United States, including more than 41,000 deaths resulting from secondhand smoke exposure

Should smokers be quarantined since secondhand smoke has been PROVEN to kill 41,000 Americans every. single. year?
Where is the legislation to ensure these smokers are held accountable?
Should kids whose parents smoke be denied entry into public schools?

Old 09-14-2019, 06:33 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,812,838 times
Quote:
According to the CDC:

Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 480,000 deaths per year in the United States, including more than 41,000 deaths resulting from secondhand smoke exposure

Should smokers be quarantined since secondhand smoke has been PROVEN to kill 41,000 Americans every. single. year?
Where is the legislation to ensure these smokers are held accountable?
Should kids whose parents smoke be denied entry into public schools?
What a lame comparison. No child can catch cancer by sitting next to a kid whose parent smokes. There’s no risk so why would they be denied entry?

I’m baffled by posts like yours that say because people die of (insert whatever here) we shouldn’t be concerned about vaccination. Isn’t preventing any death regardless of cause a good thing??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies