Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2019, 10:35 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
He just tweeted he's '' A very stable genius ". No true genius ever called themselves a genius.
He's very successful at trolling libs.

I believe he should stop doing it, but it's an extremely minor issue to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2019, 10:48 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
The Appeals court overturned lower court dismissal of the lawsuit against Trump for emoluments and corruption with use of his hotels for foreign diplomats.

I am sure the House Justice committee is interested in this also.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1VY1J3
"I am sure the House Justice committee is interested in this also"

And what are they going to do with it?

""In a 2-1 ruling, a three-judge panel of the New York-based 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals set aside a lower court ruling that had thrown out the case because the people who sued could not prove they were harmed by Trump’s actions and his role as president. Friday’s ruling dealt with preliminary questions relating to whether the case should be heard, without directly addressing whether Trump violated the law."

Old 09-14-2019, 10:56 AM

1,455 posts, read 2,498,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The idea that Trump is back in a room running the credit cards of foreign dignitaries and noting who will get favors because they ordered pie or indulged in the overpriced mini bar is absurd.

Yes indeed your statement is absurd and unbelieveable. But the fact that he is personally profiting off of his name and position by directing staff to stay in his establishments is real and and ongoing crisis of ethics and the very open way in which foreign dignitaries are currying favor with him through mar-a-lago and hotel stays is a violation of the emoluments clause, but hey, let's all pretend it isn't happening and the leftists are just on another rant, right comrade? Obviously the JD doesn't see things through your lens, they found sufficient, compelling evidence to let the litigation proceed. I wonder who has better access to the realities of this situation, hmm......

Old 09-14-2019, 11:10 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:

He’s not trolling them he truly believes what comes out of his mouth.

Old 09-14-2019, 11:14 AM

25,447 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:

He can troll all he wants. I'm more interested that the emoluments case is proceeding, and that there are several investigations going on right now. You troll when you got nothing.

Old 09-14-2019, 11:18 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
All that happened is the appeals court says they can sue but doesn't mean anything else... But who cares about facts, right liberals...
That is exactly what the OP means. Why are you trying to blow smoke over this?

The lawsuit will proceed, a nightmare for any scoundrel who has much to hide.

Old 09-14-2019, 11:21 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
He can troll all he wants. I'm more interested that the emoluments case is proceeding, and that there are several investigations going on right now. You troll when you got nothing.
This will likely be appealed, and overturned. It's pretty hard for a left wing activist group to make a credible argument that they were harmed by this.

The other case has a better chance of going forward, but it will lead to nothing, there is no violation here.

Old 09-14-2019, 11:23 AM

25,447 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
This will likely be appealed, and overturned. It's pretty hard for a left wing activist group to make a credible argument that they were harmed by this.

The other case has a better chance of going forward, but it will lead to nothing, there is no violation here.
I guess time will tell. Trump is making money hand over fist on people staying at his properties. That's a violation of the emoluments clause. However, he will appeal, appeal, appeal, but hopefully the courts will continue, continue, continue.

Old 09-14-2019, 11:25 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
I guess time will tell. Trump is making money hand over fist on people staying at his properties. That's a violation of the emoluments clause. However, he will appeal, appeal, appeal, but hopefully the courts will continue, continue, continue.
He'd still be making that same money if he wasn't POTUS.

Old 09-14-2019, 11:29 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,946,325 times
Quote:
Commercial transactions are not a violation of the emoluments clause...

...do you really think the Republicans would have let Obama's book deals slide if they were ???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies