Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2019, 12:14 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,745,974 times

Advertisements

Stupid question. I don't believe in gun control or any other dumbass "answers" to difficult problems.

Old 09-14-2019, 12:18 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
You are not a part of the science or research community, I see.

I am sorry that you don't understand how quality manuscripts or studies are written. First manuscripts start with references to related studies done in the past and then move to what was shown by these past studies. They then follow with what they learned from their study.

If you read the study at all, instead of cherry picking your false talking points, you would know the study was done in 2015.

Never said I was, but I do know that what you called "cherry picking" was from a link that you provided, so do tell us all non-science and research, how is it cherry picking when you provide the link?

10,531 posts, read 6,165,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
You don't need a license, test, registraion or even insurance to buy a car and drive it around your farm or ranch.

You can even take your car with you in public if you choose without any of those.

Most rifles are designed for hunting and target practicee. Very few are designed to kill people.
Hunting = death. Unless you hadn't noticed.
Theres no practical difference between killing an animal and killing a person. The purpose of guns is to kill things. The purpose of cars is for travel.

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Lock them up. Mandatorily commit them.
Without them doing any crime? Now you are sacrificing our civil rights in addition to friends and family.

Old 09-14-2019, 12:19 PM

Quote:
I would have no problem with that. Guns and alcohol don't mix. Just ask Dick Cheney.

Cars and alcohol don't mix, ask teddy.....

Old 09-14-2019, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn
Why the need to stockpile? What does the paranoia come from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I have to wonder this myself we have TWO guns that’s more then enough to kill someone who breaks into our home. People collect things though, cars, guns, cards, etc.

But when you have over a certain number of guns it does beg the question, why so many? Nor do I understand wanting to take a fully tactical gun just to go to the store. Is there a hit out on you? Is the mob looking for you? How much is too much? I saw a guy a while back with a machete strapped to his side at a local bookstore. Was he expecting a zombie apocalypse?? I can understand having a shotgun in the back of your truck or a CWP. We are planning to both get a CWP but I cannot see or understand why one needs to take a tactical weapon outside the house unless one is going to a shooting range.

I don't have a lot of guns.....but I do collect for the value of the gun.....

Is that a concept that both of you don't understand?

Old 09-14-2019, 12:24 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Theres no practical difference between killing an animal and killing a person. The purpose of guns is to kill things. The purpose of cars is for travel.
If you insist on proving you gun ignorance, that's fine.

You believe a 410 shotgun is designed to kill people? You're obviously not an engineer of any sort.

Old 09-14-2019, 12:26 PM

Quote:
I am concerned about the functional definition. In other words, if a gun can kill 10 people and injure some 27 others within 30 seconds, that is an assault weapon coming close to a weapon of mass destruction!

MASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSssssss DESTRUCTIONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN NNNNNNNNNNNNN

WOW, can you get anymore fearmongering in there? Go ahead, I bet you'll try....

Old 09-14-2019, 12:26 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Never said I was, but I do know that what you called "cherry picking" was from a link that you provided, so do tell us all non-science and research, how is it cherry picking when you provide the link?

You seem to be struggling with how to interpret a research manuscript. You are conflating the methods of cited past research with the results of the current research. Research manuscripts of current research typically cite past studies. I can't explain it any clearer than that.

Old 09-14-2019, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post

No, no they are not.....you should learn about guns before you spew....really....

But, I'll play....cars are used for travel, yet they kill far more than guns yearly.....I'm removing suicide from the equation....

Now what's your response?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies