Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2019, 08:25 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I don't see the connection with standing your ground, I see justified self defense against three criminals, one who tried to shoot the residents with a gun.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/homeowner-...opstories.html
Too premature/ not enough information to opine.

This happened at 4:00AM. Neighbors and the resident were outside when three masked youths approached with an alleged attempted robbery. Gunfire ensued. 2 firearms found at the scene. Unknown who the firearms belonged to.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/hom...-say/986744589

The masked robbers were 2 brothers, aged 15 and 16 and another 15 year old. It is unknown if the would be robbers and the defenders and/ or neighbors knew each other.

It’s 4:00 AM. Do you know where your kids are?

It’s 4:00 AM. Do you know where the adults are?

Speculation on my part, neighbors were outside drinking all nigh long , when these teens approached.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2019, 08:26 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
It is THEIR yard. They can be in it at 4 am. I used to work until 3 am. Took a couple hours to wind down.
Sure, they can stand there all night if they wish, but did wind down by standing on the driveway 4AM with an AR15 and two friends?

Old 09-17-2019, 08:30 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,335,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Two of three kids were related, pictured here. They look so young.

https://www.abc10.com/article/news/l...e-d655c76c7ab0
And now they won't "grow up" to vote Democratic.

Old 09-17-2019, 08:35 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,278,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtt99 View Post
If you watch the video, the responses from the teens relatives and those who knew them (the thugs) are astounding. Stupidity knows no end.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/17/us/ge...hot/index.html
Thanks for the link. You’re right, the reaction of the relatives and friends of the thugs is amazing. I guess the homeowner should have been more considerate to the wayward youths with their masks and guns. Everyone should watch this video to see the mindset of these losers.

To the homeowner I say nice shootin’ Tex!

Old 09-17-2019, 08:36 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,511,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Looks like self defense, but why all the glee about three dead 15 yr olds?

Not glee as such.
But think of all the hundreds of thousands of dollars saved in legal fees and jail-time- along with the lives of any future possible victims -with these three thugs off the streets forever.
Amd karma,don't forget the instant karma.

Old 09-17-2019, 08:44 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:
Sure, they can stand there all night if they wish, but did wind down by standing on the driveway 4AM with an AR15 and two friends?
That’s how some folks wind down; in their driveway with their AR15’s waiting for masked arm robbers. Nothing illegal about that.

Mr. AR15 made short work of these thugs. Everyone should own one, or 7

Old 09-17-2019, 08:45 AM

19,722 posts, read 10,124,301 times
Quote:
Where did you see AR15?

Old 09-17-2019, 08:48 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
I'll stand on my property with my property in my hand any damn time of the day I feel like it, Trotsky.

Old 09-17-2019, 08:49 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Two of three kids were related, pictured here. They look so young.

https://www.abc10.com/article/news/l...e-d655c76c7ab0
The key part of the article:

Quote:
Jenkins said he believes the masked males may have had bad intentions. Still, he said, it's a sad situation all around.

"Some might say, well you know they had no business doing what they - you're right," he said. "But they were still three young men they still had a mother, they still had a father, a sister."

Jenkins, who said he is running for Rockdale County county commission chairman
Comments as I read the article....
1. Masked people at 4AM in your neighbors yard with a gun may have bad intentions. Ok, that was weird to say that.

2. I doubt very much those kids had a "real" father but that's a nice thing to say...and I do agree it is a tragedy for such young men to be raised so badly to end up doing something like this.

3. Oh, he's running for political office...that explains his stupid comments and soft pedaling the tragedy without stating the obvious...THIS is the real face of gun violence in the US where young men without proper guidance make stupid decisions ending in the deaths of themselves and others.

Old 09-17-2019, 08:50 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I don't see the connection with standing your ground, I see justified self defense against three criminals, one who tried to shoot the residents with a gun.

You are allowed to defend yourself with deadly force in any state but it still needs to be justified regardless of SYG/Castle Doctrine laws. However if you live in a state without SYG/Castle Doctrine law the prosecutor/LE can second guess your actions if for example they determine you could of walked out the back door instead of confronting the intruder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies