Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2019, 06:15 AM

57,317 posts, read 26,245,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
The CIA has international assets, and they investigate international crimes all the time. Why didn't Trump ask the CIA to investigate Biden, rather than leaning on foreign governments and recruiting his personal lawyer (who reportedly lacks clearance)?
Because he cant specifically direct the CIA investigation like can with Giuliani and Barr.

Why is Sondland who is the ambassador to the EU asking Volker to set up meetings between Z and Giuliani to dig up dirt on the Bidens.

Old 10-04-2019, 06:19 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,221,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Trump is openly violating the law and the Constitution, and some believe Congress should ignore this?
LOL... You crazy Libs have been screaming this in

2016 and 2017 and 2018 and 2019.

He's not and no one believes you any more.

Old 10-04-2019, 06:26 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,393,123 times
So when is the vote in the House for REAL impeachment proceedings to start?

Old 10-04-2019, 06:26 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,099,534 times
Quote:
The CIA has international assets, and they investigate international crimes all the time. Why didn't Trump ask the CIA to investigate Biden, rather than leaning on foreign governments and recruiting his personal lawyer (who reportedly lacks clearance)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Because he cant specifically direct the CIA investigation like can with Giuliani and Barr.
Says who? And what about Giuliani's lack of security clearance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Why is Sondland who is the ambassador to the EU asking Volker to set up meetings between Z and Giuliani to dig up dirt on the Bidens.
This seems like a deflection.

My question remains unanswered.

. . . and come to find out that Pence is over there "investigating" as well?

None of this makes sense.

Old 10-04-2019, 06:29 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,403,590 times
The recent e-mails show without a doubt a quid pro quo. The Trump White House is not a third branch of government it is a branch of the Trump Organization.

Trump has admitted he abused his office and he has no intention of stopping.

Even Fox News sees crimes in Trump's actions.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...estigate-biden

If Trump's defecation on the Constitution continues, the presidency as we know it will be irrevocably changed, if it has not already.

Old 10-04-2019, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Says who? And what about Giuliani's lack of security clearance?

This seems like a deflection.

My question remains unanswered.

. . . and come to find out that Pence is over there "investigating" as well?

None of this makes sense.
It only makes sense if you understand his motive and that is to bypass the CIA. I am in agreement with you Pence is a problem but so are all the others like Giuliani, Barr and others. This isn't a formal investigation, its directed by Trump.

Old 10-04-2019, 07:12 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
LOL... You crazy Libs have been screaming this in

2016 and 2017 and 2018 and 2019.

He's not and no one believes you any more.

And they cannot even see this right in front of their eyes....sad...but expected....

Old 10-04-2019, 07:23 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,018,075 times
I'm sure most herein have seen the quotes by Jeff Flake and one other (I can't recall the name) stating that if the Senate vote were secret (on whether to remove Trump from office) there would be 30 or 35 Republicans voting for such.

I read an interesting argument that the Senate may choose to make the vote secret, if (according to the article) only one-fifth of the Senators vote to make said vote secret (that percentage seems too low to me).

If it comes to such a vote, we shall find out. I have a feeling that Senator Mitch McConnell, as well as many other Republicans, feel that Mr. Trump's usefulness has expired. After all, in 2018 the Democrats retook the House, and things are not looking too well for the Republicans to keep the Senate (although still somewhat of a long shot, but they are defending 22 seats to the Democrats 12). Plus, the negativity surrounding Mr. Trump may result in the Republicans losing some state legislatures and governorship's.

If Mr. Trump be impeached then undergo the Senate trial, and Mr. McConnell moves to make the vote secret, then I would interpret it as his desire that Mr. Trump exit stage right, and Mr. Pence enter stage left.

I have read rumors that the Republicans had a secret meeting the other day to decide upon whom should be VP, should Mr. Pence assume the presidency. Of course, no confirmation of such, so rumor it remains.

Old 10-04-2019, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I'm sure most herein have seen the quotes by Jeff Flake and one other (I can't recall the name) stating that if the Senate vote were secret (on whether to remove Trump from office) there would be 30 or 35 Republicans voting for such.

I read an interesting argument that the Senate may choose to make the vote secret, if (according to the article) only one-fifth of the Senators vote to make said vote secret (that percentage seems too low to me).

If it comes to such a vote, we shall find out. I have a feeling that Senator Mitch McConnell, as well as many other Republicans, feel that Mr. Trump's usefulness has expired. After all, in 2018 the Democrats retook the House, and things are not looking too well for the Republicans to keep the Senate (although still somewhat of a long shot, but they are defending 22 seats to the Democrats 12). Plus, the negativity surrounding Mr. Trump may result in the Republicans losing some state legislatures and governorship's.

If Mr. Trump be impeached then undergo the Senate trial, and Mr. McConnell moves to make the vote secret, then I would interpret it as his desire that Mr. Trump exit stage right, and Mr. Pence enter stage left.

I have read rumors that the Republicans had a secret meeting the other day to decide upon whom should be VP, should Mr. Pence assume the presidency. Of course, no confirmation of such, so rumor it remains.
Good points, many republicans are privately critical of Trump, public is another story. I don't think that senators up for reelection in red states want to go on record as voting against Trump but I also don't see that any congressman wants to go through another year of this. I doubt impeachment proceedings even if they go to removal will result in a very quick process so we are stuck with this for some time. I noticed a slight change in tune from McConnell and other senators but I can just imagine the reaction of his hard core supporters to a private vote in the senate.

Old 10-04-2019, 07:39 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,403,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
And why is Pence over there "investigating."

Good Lord, he's the Vice President.
Seems like Trump's whole cabinet has been in Ukraine working on
finding dirt on Biden, I mean Trump has engaged everyone
in the witch hunt! Never knew Ukraine was such
a navel of EU , for the US to send so much personnel
there to investigate and tax payers money has been used
for this kind of drivel . We are paying for these duds to go back and forth,
back and forth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies